• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did everybody get for Rates Last Jan?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what everybody got for rates last Jan.

WE paid about $234 a night at the Poly with a garden view, that was a AP rate.

Thanks in Advance Dave

Feb 1st we had $199 + tax at the YC with an AP, sounds about like your Poly. Did get free upgrade to lake view though.

I think last Jan 2 - mid Apr there were some very good AP and general public codes available. I think the codes for there rates were released the end of Oct/04

I had a woods view at WL for $129 during the third week of January. We could see Cinderella's Castle. But it was cold, cold, cold!

We did a split stay Jan 9th-15th. I got a WL courtyard view for $149.00 plus tax and AKL Savanna view for $151.00 plus tax. These were with an AP discount.

Hey PigPen

We were there at the same time, there was some cold days but they were having a blizzard back at home so all things being equal, we had beautiful weather :teeth:

Cold or not we are thinking of going back around the same time of year again, no crowds, good discounts I can live with cool.

Dave

What kind of temps are normal for late Jan or early Feb? It looks like our June 05 trip is about to get pushed back (again) and we are now looking at Feb 2 - 6. I'm from MO so it will be COLD at home! :cold: I am thinking FL would be in the 60's? :sunny:

Average temps would be upper 60's & 70's. This past January, I wore capris, t shirt and a very light jacket most of the time. It got wamer for our last 2 days. Knowing that it was below 30 at home and snowing.. make those 60's feel great. I love going in January. The weather doesnt bother me. Ive had it in the 80's in January and in 2003, it was in the 30's at night. (now that was cold, but it was -13 in Pittsburgh.. and WAS NOT with the wind chill!!) I love that there are no crowds then. Its nice to get out of the freezing cold at home and head to WDW!

When we were there Feb. 1st a cold front came through. It was pleasant arrival day, then cold as stink the next day. We walked to the boat dock at Yacht Club, turned around and went back to the room and put more layers of clothes on. I wore cashmere sweaters all three days, one day with a polarfleece vest over one, another with a hoodie over it! Unseasonably cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter