• Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

Results are only viewable after voting.

lightsaber

Earning My Ears
Okay. My wife is having a cow about her Parents wanting to come in on Friday and us being able to get rooms near (or adjoining) due to DVC's new policy of (and I'm quoting her, here) "They don't give you rooms based on when you make your reservations anymore, its now when you arrive."

So, to help alleviate her concerns, I'm trying to conduct a poll as to when you leave from your DVC stay.

Lightsaber

Our plan for the past several years has been to check into Old Key West on Sunday, then stay for 12 nights. I did some calculations once that led me to the conclusion that this was the best way for us to maximize our DVC vacation enjoyment. I just love being there over Friday and Saturday night. Lots of parking spaces and it's usually VERY quiet.

I think (and maybe you could call your DVC resort directly to double check) that if you ask for something like adjoining rooms, they still do some pre-assignments of rooms. My SIL got married at WDW in June and my ILs are members as well, so we needed like 5 studios one night in the same building, then switched to 3 of the studios into the GV. Seemed that the rooms for this were preassigned because my MIL new our room number before I checked in (we dropped off Grandpa at their room before checking in and MIL said "your room is right there").

If her parents need to be close by because of medical reasons, they will definitely pre-assign. Our grandpa is 94 and wanted a handicapped room but it needed to be close to the GV -- not a problem! Depending on room types and resort, adjoining rooms may not be possible though. At least at OKW, there are no studios next to each other that I know of, so at best the rooms could be on the same floor of the same building.

Hope some of this will alleviate some of your wife's concerns!

I voted monday b/c that's usually when our guests leave (they stay from Sunday, through a week, then leave on Monday). We usually leave sometime mid-week (between Mon and Fri), making it a 9-12 day stay. Our next trip we will check into BWV on a Sun, stay for 8 nts, then check out on a Mon... and check in same day to BCV, then check out on a Fri. So yet another Mon check-out, but also a Fri check-out too.

Originally posted by lightsaber
Okay. My wife is having a cow ...

Hmmmm.... I can only IMAGINE what sort of smiley-faced icon imagination ncligs could put to THAT... (but please, no labor scenes of bovine birthing, ok?)

I could not vote because there were no selections that fit quite right.

For two trips each year we stay one week (7 nights). We arrive Saturday or Sunday and depart Saturday or Sunday. We do this to use only 5 days vacation for each stay and to have one Saturday night stayover for the free airline tickets we use.

For other trips we arrive and depart with a Saturday night in between but there is no consistent day of arrival or departure.

Sorry, misread the OP so I am editing my answer. Since we usually go during the school year we check out on Sunday so we have all the way up to the day before my kids go back to school to enjoy our stay.

I picked Saturday because that's our average, but we really would need to make a few selections. In the summer, we'll stay 7-9 days. Always checking in on Sunday, out on ???. At Thanksgiving, we're always out on Friday, so we can get home before the weekend's over.

We usually leave on a Friday afternoon. We pick DS up from school in the middle of afternoon, have already packed the van and try to get close to Nashville. Then Saturday we usually get within two hours of WDW and drive in early Sunday morning. We could make it to WDW sometimes Saturday night but it would be real late and we prefer to arrive at WDW Early Sunday morning.

Our departure day varies - depends almost entirely on when we can get reasonable airfare out of MSP.

According to MS, the busiest check in day for DVC resorts is Sunday and the busiest check out day is Friday. That used to matter when rooms were assigned and requests granted based on when the reservation was made. But under the new "room ready" assignment policy, knowing the most popular check out days isn't going to help you alleviate your wife's concerns.

Here's why (and I'm sue your wife already knows this):

DVC resorts are nearly always at (or very close to) 100% occupancy. Rooms that aren't reserved for points by DVC members are released to CRO/WDWTC to rent out to the general public for cash.

For those paying cash, weekend nights are the same price as weeknights. December weekends are very popular times to visit. BCV will be full pretty much every night in December so it won't matter when DVC members tend to leave as there will always be someone checking in to replace those who leave.

If DVC doesn't "pre-assign" you rooms close together, you'll be at the mercy of the CM checking you in and the number of unoccupied rooms available at the time you do check in. Under the "room ready" policy, it won't matter if the guests who checked in ahead of you were staying on points or paying cash. It's pretty much first come, first served.

I'm sure zulaya is already planning to request that the rooms be close together when she reserves them. As others have suggested, I believe that some requests are pre-assigned and hope that a request to be close together is one of them. IMHO, it wouldn't hurt to keep other requests to a minimum (maybe only a smoking or not request in addition to the "close by" request) and to arrive early on check in day, too.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter