What cool member perks could DVC realistically offer?

Park benches.

After Disney finishes in
removing all park benches from the parks, each DVC kiosk could have a group of benches that can only be used by members or guests that already attended a presentation within the last week.
popcorn::

Why would someone who is already a member need or want to attend a DVC presentation? :crazy:

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to purchase an annual resort refillable mug. We "collect" at least seven annually and believe it to be a waste of resources.

If they gave DVC the purple bands they might even have a sales tool based on how many seem to want that color! :laughing: That would have been a fun 25th Anniversary accessory vs the buttons they want to hand out.

:rotfl2: Ok, did I call that color?!
25th-anniversary-merchandise-magicband-display.jpg

MagicBands
Unlock the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation with a limited-edition MagicBand! This new design celebrates the 25th anniversary of Disney Vacation Club and is available in 4 different colors—purple, blue, red and pink.

About MagicBands
MagicBands connect you with the Walt Disney World vacation choices you make with My Disney Experience. You can use your MagicBand to:

• Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room
  • Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission)
  • Check in at FastPass+ entrances.
  • Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account
  • Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay)

Learn more about MagicBands.

Price
$32.99 each, plus tax

How to Purchase
There are 3 easy ways to purchase:

These limited-edition MagicBands are only available while supplies last.

Important Information
Limit 2 MagicBands per Member, per visit.

Here's a link to the rest of the special merchandise:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...-offers/special/25th-anniversary-merchandise/

:rotfl2: Ok, did I call that color?!
25th-anniversary-merchandise-magicband-display.jpg

MagicBands
Unlock the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation with a limited-edition MagicBand! This new design celebrates the 25th anniversary of Disney Vacation Club and is available in 4 different colors—purple, blue, red and pink.

About MagicBands
MagicBands connect you with the Walt Disney World vacation choices you make with My Disney Experience. You can use your MagicBand to:

• Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room
  • Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission)
  • Check in at FastPass+ entrances.
  • Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account
  • Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay)

Learn more about MagicBands.

Price
$32.99 each, plus tax

How to Purchase
There are 3 easy ways to purchase:

These limited-edition MagicBands are only available while supplies last.

Important Information
Limit 2 MagicBands per Member, per visit.

Here's a link to the rest of the special merchandise:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...-offers/special/25th-anniversary-merchandise/

Yea, will be ordering mine. Had you already seen this? Rest assured some nonDVC members will not like this and many DVC members will think they should be mailed to them free.

Yea, will be ordering mine. Had you already seen this? Rest assured some nonDVC members will not like this and many DVC members will think they should be mailed to them free.

I'd confess if I had, but no, I had not seen it - it was a complete surprise to have this pop up tonight!

Two discount that can be justified are annual pass discounts since the more we go the more points we need to buy and own and a free TIW equivalent discount to get members away from their kitchens and out eating more (oh wait they solved that with the POLY).

I'd like to be able to purchase a length of stay mug which could be usable for 21 nights instead of limited to 14.

I would like discounted multi-day tickets similar to Fla residents, or the one day per park for 4 days for $199 again. Also, free PH added onto base ticket. Ability to buy the Epcot after 4pm annual pass.
MOST of the perks aren't within DVC's control simply because they aren't going to pay and are at the mercy of the other entities. It's been a while but I've stated a number of times that I believe DVC/DVD could, and possibly should, more actively bargain for perks. I think there are some indications they are doing more in that area. The limitation they have is that to do so effectively they've got to be able to put pressure on the other entity and they really don't have a lot of power to do so. The other side has to be able to get something out of it or have a risk of losing something if they don't capitulate. But unless they're willing to oppose a sister company or incorporate non Disney companies, this isn't likely to happen very effectively.

But again, that money food, merchandise, DVC gets none of that. So DVC out of their budget puts in a lounge and the profit goes to someone else. Why would DVC want to do that?

This is a visual benefit to DVC members that non-members see and might be enticed to inquire about and lead to potential sales.

I'd like to see DVC offer 1 free AP per member household per year. So for a family of 4, 5, 6, etc., you would only receive 1 free and all others would be full price.

Being fair, in my mind, discounts on MYW tickets would be nice and having access to the same AP's as Florida residents (less the Epcot after 4pm and truly seasonal pass that excludes weekends) seems reasonable (specifically adding the silver pass as an option).

I also think the 25th anniversary magic band is over priced. $19.95 seems fair, but I also think the other specialty bands (Star Wars, Haunted Mansion, etc.) are overpriced. A basic Magic Band should be $9.95 (vs. $12.95) and the decorated/screen printed bands should be $14.95 - $19.95. At least until they add some functionality such as a digital time display, maybe a step counter, and make the batteries replaceable.

A $10 premium over the majority of decorative MB's. ::yes::

Again the proof is obvious, Disney sees DVC members as a cash cow. Instead of offering a discount for most merchandise, ABD, cruises, and paid events, they inflate the prices. Most discounts for dining are non-Disney owned restaurants and mirror the discounts offered to AP holders.

:earsboy: Bill

A $10 premium over the majority of decorative MB's. ::yes::
The current retail prices are:
  • Solid color: $12.99
  • Graphic (open edition): $22.99
  • Limited Release: $27.99
  • Limited Edition (MVMCP, MNSSHP, etc.): $32.99
For the Limited Release, they can have more made if sales warrant.
For the Limited Edition, they will only produce a set number.

Being fair, in my mind, discounts on MYW tickets would be nice and having access to the same AP's as Florida residents (less the Epcot after 4pm and truly seasonal pass that excludes weekends) seems reasonable (specifically adding the silver pass as an option).

I also think the 25th anniversary magic band is over priced. $19.95 seems fair, but I also think the other specialty bands (Star Wars, Haunted Mansion, etc.) are overpriced. A basic Magic Band should be $9.95 (vs. $12.95) and the decorated/screen printed bands should be $14.95 - $19.95. At least until they add some functionality such as a digital time display, maybe a step counter, and make the batteries replaceable.

This is the reason why I can't see paying extra money for a designer band. They have a shelf life.

all of its a joke....they should save all the money they waste on the mail i get that goes right in the trash and everyone other lame program that they use to make us think they we get perks or are special just give us what all of us WANT...... A REAL PARK PASS DEAL and for up to 7 days i am sure the majority of DVC trips are longer then 4 days....STOP all of this nonsense even if its just for 2 of the members household......maybe a buy 3 get 4th free i dont know but i know i could care less about a MB or a soda lounge.......a real park pass discount that is all we want!

The current retail prices are:
  • Solid color: $12.99
  • Graphic (open edition): $22.99
  • Limited Release: $27.99
  • Limited Edition (MVMCP, MNSSHP, etc.): $32.99
For the Limited Release, they can have more made if sales warrant.
For the Limited Edition, they will only produce a set number.

I read that the DVC band is a limited edition of 2500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter