What can you tell me about Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Kidgoingon40

Mouseketeer
Hi, i was hoping you guys could tell me about Whispering Canyon Cafe. i am really interested in the food listed on the menu on wdwinfo (although the menu on disney's web site isn't really similar at all now, which is confusing). I am a bit apprehensive about the "interactive" aspect. I am a bit shy, and I am worried it will make me nervous! lol. What exactly is the interaction typically like (i know it depends on the whether or not your server is into it or not, but the general idea is what i am looking for)? Is it fun natured ribbing or ribbing that might make a shy person uncomfortable? I enjoy good natured fun, but if it is, let's say, don rickles-esque ribbing, i don't like that. I hope that makes sense..i just want to get an idea of it before I decide whether to made an adr. Also, anyone who has been recently is the skillet the same as it was in the past (the menu i saw on disney's site didn't list it the same and you could pick three foods out of a list that was different)? do they still have the yard long drinks?

I haven't been recently, when we went a few years ago our waitress was great. Myself and my youngest are both quiet and didn't really get into things with her. My oldest is loud and outgoing, she had a blast poking fun at him and he asked her off the wall questions too. Overall it seemed that the servers took your reactions into consideration, if you just want to eat and not joke around that is fine.

Try checking out the menu on AllEars http://allears.net/menu/menu_wc.htm.

You need to be sure you have the most up to date menu as the restaurant has recently (September or October) undergone a menu change that pretty much fundmentally changed the way the restaurant worked.

is the skillet the same as it was in the past

There is no longer anything called a "skillet." Lunch is totally a la carte, no all you can eat option. Dinner is solely the all you can eat option which is now called a "platter." You choose three meats for the table. You can change meats for the second helping. Sides are the same. Dessert is a "dessert sampler" and cannot be ordered individually.

I don't know what you mean by "yard long drinks" but they still have the refillable milkshake; however it's only in the 3 basic flavors now, vanilla chocolate and strawberry.

There is an area toward the back of the restaurant that is not in the middle of the "antics." You may also be able to ask your server to go easy on your table or just provide a "normal" serving experience.

Sorry to see that yet another restaurant has fallen victim to corporate greed and mediocrity! This was one of the few restaurants whose menu had Not been compromised. It's certainly losing variety and value.

Gosh! This was one of our favorites a few years ago. Now I'm rethinking our reservation :headache:

Only ate here a couple time for breakfast. Once was after I spent the night with our 2 year old in the Reddy Creek Emergency room after she took a handful of bloodpreassure pills, so not really in the mood for hijinx. Really nothing too bad. If you ask for ketchup- they have kids bring you 50 bottles etc. NOW, I would avoid the 50's Prime Time Cafe as our server had my sister and I up against the wall basically in dunce caps (we're in our 40's)

We really enjoyed the Whispering Canyon Cafe while visiting Disney World a few days ago...until we all ended up sick with food poisoning. I thought I was going to have to take my daughter to the E.R. We had to leave the park because we were so sick. We will never go back there to eat again.

Sadly, WCC is like many if not most (sometimes i think "all" is the best modifier) places in WDW...

use to be alot better and has fallen.

the breakfast skillet was great...and legendary...but we couldn't have that anymore. Same for Boatrights...just to good/reasonable to be tolerated any longer by Burbank.

They still have a couple of interesting things...like big sis Artists point next door. i saw "buffalo nachos"...might go there next trip just for that. (as in bison...not chicken, vinegar, or sleepy town in new york)...

but it used to be alot better.

I would say "blame the dining plan"...but my fingers refuse to type that anymore...

AHAH! outsmarted them again:hyper:

. . . I would say "blame the dining plan"...but my fingers refuse to type that anymore...

{FLAME PROOF SUIT IN PLACE}
1) Now, now, now.
2) Too many people have come to LOVE the Dining Plan.
3) They actually believe it is to their cost benefit. *
4) Lemmings to the sea.
5) Disney does nothing for "guest benefit" unless the Disney profits rise.
6) When it comes to cost items (like DDP), both sides cannot win.

* Some folks have said that they kept receipts and the cost of meals
was less than the cost of the DDP. However, they never compared the
previous cost of the food, BEFORE the menu increases to make the DDP
look affordable and beneficial. (Many of us CM's talk about how the Menu
Prices were raised just to make the DDP look better.)

{FLAME PROOF SUIT BACK ON RACK}

We loved WCC when we went in January 2011. It had the best breakfast we had at WDW. We have booked it 3 times for our coming trip for breakfast. So sad to hear that it may not be the same. :(

We really enjoyed the Whispering Canyon Cafe while visiting Disney World a few days ago...until we all ended up sick with food poisoning. I thought I was going to have to take my daughter to the E.R. We had to leave the park because we were so sick. We will never go back there to eat again.

OMG! That is terrible. We were there in November and knew the food was not what it was but....... I feel so sorry for you and your family.

We did the "new" WCC for dinner and can say now that we have done it, not one of the top places we would go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter