What can you tell me about October???

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
Just wondering about crowds, weather ect... for the first and second weeks in Oct? What are the typical park hours? Thanks!

We went in Oct 16-23 in 2003. It was a little hot in the beginning of the week, but cooled off by mid week. The crowds were moderate to light. It is Food and Wine Festival.

I cannot remember park hours, I am sorry. But we hit the parks during the day and only stayed for the MNSSHP one night.

We went to the world from sept.29-oct 9 of this year. It was very light crowds in Sept, but as soon as Oct came, boy could we tell a difference!!! Still, it wasn't too terrible, but not nearly as light as we would've liked. We had to leave the MK a couple of days because of crowds, and came back later and it was OK. However, keep in mind that the hurricane season was so bad this year and many people had to reschedule for probably the first week of Oct. The park hours varied according to which nights had the MNSSHP scheduled, so anywhere from 6 to 9 at closing times, I think. I'm thinking there might have been a few 11:00 days, but mostly 9 or 9:30. The weather was beautiful, we couldn't have asked for anything better in that dept. We spent a lot of time swimming in the pool, and no rain for our whole trip. Hope this helps!! :wave:

We were there the last week of October and the weather was perfect. Still sunny but not too hot and it only rained for about an hour one evening during the entire stay. Crowds were light to moderate and we only had to take advantage of FastPass on just a few rides. If only I could have the weather from October with the Christmas decorations in December -- I'd be in Heaven!

We were there the 3rd week in October last year. Crowds were moderate, much busier than September, but not summer crowds either. Manageable if you went early and used fast pass. MK closed early several days due to the Halloween party, but was open til 8 and 9 other nights, even 11 on Saturday. MGM closed at 7:30 I believe. It was quite HOT over half the time, upper 80's and quite humid. A couple of the other days were perfect. Overall a very nice time to go.

We were there October 8th - 22nd. It was Crowded. I am sure it was not like a Christmas week crowd, however everyone, and I do mean everyone was talking about how many peope there were there. It seemed very heavy in Epcot due to the Food and Wine Festival becoming very popular. The other reason people felt was due to the hurricaines earlier in the year. People had rescheduled. I understand one of the ways to tell how heavy the crowds are with Epcot. Epcot is so large that it doesn't feel crowded very often. It was! :D
The weather was nice, it was warm-hot depending on your idea of hot. The days were in the high 80's and the humid. The evenings it got down to 78-80, but still felt humid to us. We had a wonderful time and the crowds didn't cause much of a problem for us. We had two weeks for our vacation so we didn't feel pressured to complete a park in a day. If it got too heavy we either went to a different park or back to the resort. We just had expected it to be pretty light crowds except for weekends and we expected the weather to be in the high 70's. That is why we chose October for our visit, and to celebrate our anniversary :love: We would consider returning during the same time in the future. We had a Fantastic trip. :cloud9:

but there wasn't much of a wait for anything (the fast pass helped a lot)and the weather was awesome!!! We were there from the 5th-10th. I think the only time we waited more than 15 min. was when we wanted to meet Buzz and Woody together. We're going to go in Dec. this year(I want to see the decorations and Christmas parade after that, it will probably be in Oct. next time we go.

bcarson said:
Just wondering about crowds, weather ect... for the first and second weeks in Oct? What are the typical park hours? Thanks!

I was there Oct 3-9, 2003. It was QUITE warm and humid, although it only rained once. I think it was about 85-88 as I recall. The crowds were high, but it was a HUGE week for reporters, travel agents, etc as it was the official opening of Mission Space & something else that I have already forgotten. They also had the big press release for Magical Gatherings- there were radio booths all lined up in the MK and travel agents EVERYWHERE at our hotel (the CR) for a convention. I asked the front desk at the CR how full they were and they were at 90%-100% capacity for the week. I don't think this is normal. The only time we got tired of the crowds at the parks was EE at MGM. Otherwise we were able to ride on everything utilizing fastpass and it didn't feel like we were packed in like sardines anywhere else but MGM.

What can you tell me about October???

It comes after September and before November! :)

..sorry couldn't resist!!!

We love going in October, try to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.. the weather can vary.. warm during the day and cooler at night. We always bring some jeans and sweatshirt just in case. This past year at the not so scary party, we went 3 times, the first night it was warm, the second time it sprinkled, and the third time it was downright chilly!

October does tend to be on of the times for alot of conventions too.

--Heather

I was there September 30 - October 9th. The weather was hot and humid! I did not find the crowds to be that bad though! The only time they were bad were Satruday late afternoon through close at MK, Monday October 4 at the Studios, and Thursday Ocotber 7th at MK. Other than those few snafus everything was gravy. We stayed at CBR and AKL and we had our rooms right when we checked in at 12:30pm and 10:00am. There was no rain during our stay other than a very quick sprinkle on Tuesday the 5th. I would not hesitate to go at this time again I'm thinking my next trip will be a little earlier in September so I can get some more use out of my AP :) Okay here are the hours from that NEWS/HOURS/EXTRAS they gave us when we checked in:
MK
Septmeber 29-30 9-8pm (Wishes 8pm)
October 1 9-6 (MNSSHP 7-12)
2 9-9 (spectro 8pm Wishes 9pm)
3 9-6 (MNSSHP 7-12 I did this one it was wonderful not crowded at all)
4 9-8 (Wishes 8pm)
5 9-9 (Spectro 8pm Wishes 9pm)
6 9-8 (Wishes 8 pm)
7 9-9 (Spectro 8pm Wishes 9pm)
8 9-6 (MNNSHP 7-12)
9 9-11 (Wishes 10pm)
Share a Deam Parade 3:00

Epcot
September 29-30
FW 9-7
WS 11-9
Illuminations 9pm
October 1-15
FW 9-7
WS 11-9
Illuminations 9pm

Studios
Septmeber 29-30
9-8pm
Stars and Moter cars parade 3:30
Fantasmic 8:00
October 1-9
9-8pm
Stars and Moter cars parade 4:30
Fantasmic 8:00

AK
October 1-10, September 29-30
9-5pm
Jungle Parade 4:00pm

TL/BB
10-5pm

Generally, if you go around Columbus day its busier than if you avoid that weekend and the surrounding few days.

It has gotten noticable busier over the past several years. The secret is out that the weather is wonderful, the crowds manageable - plus the special events - MNSSHP and Food & Wine. The good things about this are that there are longer hours, Spectromagic tends to run more often, rides tend to run with higher capacity than they used to. The bad thing - you'll want to use Fastpasses, plan on line waiting, slow down mid day, and you are best off having PSs for sit down meals.

I was ther in Oct too and I loved it! The weather was just perfect. In fact we did not have any rain and in the evenings, we did not need long pants or sweatshirts. Just wonderful! The only chill we got was getting out of the pool at 9 p.m.

As for the crowds, I have nothing to compare it too but it was not as bad as I had expected. The quietest times were on EMH days. We took advantage of that and it was lovely. We walked on to the safari in AK as well as the water ride there...I forget what it is called.

I would definately recommend getting MNSSHP tix. It was a blast and we walked on to tons of rides including splash mountain. That ride was so dead that we were able to stay on and go for a second spin! Because I knew that the lines were going to be short, we put off waiting in long lines, figuring we can hit them on the party day. It worked out perfectly.

Enjoy your October trip. I am hoping to book another one for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter