what can I use as a travel toiletry stand-up case?

bellebud

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to find something to use as a stand up (on the floor) toiletry travelling bag. I'm so tired of never having counter space in hotel rooms for toiletries, and bringing a hanging one, only to really have no where to hang it. Yes, the main towel bar is there, but the bags often lean in a weird way where things are falling out. And then it's also taking up some of the always-very-limited towel drying rack.

The best luck I've had was using a tote style bag that sat on the floor w/out flopping over, but everything's so low, and it always gets kind of wet from the shower (it's a weave material piece of luggage).

I'm imagining something like a regular piece of luggage (say a 21" rolling piece) that is maybe 1/2 the width, and has almost shelves or drawers to put your things in, that you just roll into the bathroom and it stays right there like a little cabinet.

Anyone have any ideas????

I don't have the exact product in mind that you are looking for, but I wouldn't be surprised if this site had something that would suit your needs. I've bought many bags from them, and I'm always impressed by their vast selection.

www.ebags.com

Hmmm
I have always used the one that hangs, and just hang it on the hook or over top of the bath door....I think on the floor is both too low for me and also, the floor can get so dirty...
If you do find something, hope youll let us know...Good Luck in your search

You should make one then take it on the shark tank!

I have a toiletry bag that is similar in shape to a bowling bag.
Like this
http://www.target.com/p/luca-vergan...261194#prodSlot=large_1_10&term=Toiletry bags

I end up putting it on a dresser or luggage rack. Not a problem if there is a mirror above the dresser or the sink/vanity is not in the room with the toilet/tub. I don't want to put it on the back of the toilet :crazy2: or floor. But the last place we stayed did not have a separate sink/vanity. Another place we stayed at had a pedestal sink and no counter space at all! I think there is a market for your free-standing bag!

You should make one then take it on the shark tank!

I have a toiletry bag that is similar in shape to a bowling bag.
Like this
http://www.target.com/p/luca-vergan...261194#prodSlot=large_1_10&term=Toiletry bags

I end up putting it on a dresser or luggage rack. Not a problem if there is a mirror above the dresser or the sink/vanity is not in the room with the toilet/tub. I don't want to put it on the back of the toilet :crazy2: or floor. But the last place we stayed did not have a separate sink/vanity. Another place we stayed at had a pedestal sink and no counter space at all! I think there is a market for your free-standing bag!

YES! That's what I was thinking! I'd love one that has back wheels, front little feet (so the actual bag isn't touching the floor), is about 15" wide, and maybe 3' tall. It would have organizers/shelves so you didn't have to unpack it to use it.

I saw once a suitcase like that - with the shelves in it. Samsonite had one. You wouldn't have to unpack, just open the front of the suitcase while it's standing up, and use it like a dresser. Boy, I wish I could make these!

How about those collapsible cube bins that are made to go on shelves. You could set them on their sides and stack them. They sell them at Kmart, Target and Walmart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter