What can be packed to fly?

Honeystar120608

Mom, Photographer, Disney Lover, 100% Cannuck
We are flying out of Portland Maine on AIr Tran.

I was wondering about food items and what can be packed? We basically just want things like Cheese sticks, bagels, raisins, cream cheese, nuts, cereals, granola bars... just stuff like that. Oh, and juice boxes. What do you think? Can these things be packed in a suitcase? First timer here... so I need all of your advice!!:goodvibes

I would not bother - groceries are usually cheaper in the states and they have different products that you can try!

I would not bother - groceries are usually cheaper in the states and they have different products that you can try!

Really? I have found the opposite! The prices are about the same, but in American dollars so you are really paying 15-20% more, when you factor in the exchange.

OP, there are a few things that I pack and bring, like a jar of instant coffee (we prefer instant), microwave popcorn, small container of sugar, a ziploc with some teabags, a couple of boxes of KD, and a few packs of Mr Noodle (those are usually "just in case" somebody wants a quick lunch or snack. They usually come back home with me but they don't take up much space so I pack them anyway). Last time I took my jar of peanut butter and a small tub of Becel. I probably won't bring the peanut butter this time, but I am definitely bringing the margarine. I find the margarine tastes different in the States. I might bring a squeeze bottle of miracle whip, too. I also bring a screw top container with powdered laundry detergent and some dishwasher tabs. We always stay in condos so we have a full kitchen and laundry.

Since we are talking about American groceries, can someone tell me what cheese would be equivalent to Cracker Barrel Old Cheddar? Would that be "sharp" or "American" (or sharp American?). Also, we usually buy Schneiders meat products, so would the equivalent be Oscar Meyer?

Since we are talking about American groceries, can someone tell me what cheese would be equivalent to Cracker Barrel Old Cheddar? Would that be "sharp" or "American" (or sharp American?). Also, we usually buy Schneiders meat products, so would the equivalent be Oscar Meyer?

Sharp = Old

Are you renting a car? You can probably buy all these at the Walmart. We also tried doing an online grocery order for the July trip ahead of time and everything was delivered to the hotel awaiting us, including a whole case of bottled water. The delivery charge was $12! I am not sure what AirTran is charging for bags but personally unless I am staying for an extended period of time, I would buy what I need there. Walmart's prices are pretty reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter