What breakfast buffet to choose?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Becky0216, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Becky0216

Becky0216 Mouseketeer

I need to make one breakfast character buffet ADR for our Dec. trip. What is your favorite and why? :confused3 We would like a place with an omlet station and home fries.
    I am usually against table service breakfast because I feel we are better off with a bowl of cereal in the morning to start the day. The past 2 years we did one just for the experience. We have done Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare. Neither was really that great but the interaction was nice. I won't repeat 1900 park fare but will consider anything else.
    Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    Becky

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kanderson89

kanderson89 Mouseketeer

We love the Crystal Palace. Great food - omelet station but not sure on home fries.....can't remember....there are plenty of sites that give the menus for all the Disney restaurants.

Fun characters - Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger.

And elbow room - not as cramped as 1900 Park Fare.

Give it a whirl.

4. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

We are on the QSDP. Just paying OP for a couple of TS breakfast. Dh choose Cp. I picked H&V but it was mostly for the character there more than the food.

5. momtoamulan

momtoamulan Mouseketeer

But my dd lves seeing the princesses..esp., thrilled when she saw mulan!

6. Becky0216

Becky0216 Mouseketeer

We are on the DDP so cost isn't an issue. Crystal palace seems like a good choice. Is it much better than Chef Mickey's?
    Not interested in the family style breakfasts because we have too many picky eaters in our group. Makes more sense to have a large selection.

7. valeriemouse

valeriemouse Mouseketeer

I also loved Crystal Palace. Food is great, and character interaction is great. But, I have to say, nothing beats Boma for me. I've eaten there for breakfast 3 times (this trip will be number 4). I love the food, and I also love that animal sightseeing is just a short walk away :thumbsup2

8. kanderson89

kanderson89 Mouseketeer

I have not been to Chef Mickey's yet (2013!). We just love the food and ambience of the CP and those particular characters. Huge breakfast buffet and quality was quite good. Everything from biscuits and gravy (yum!) to waffles to fruit to omelets to bacon, etc. Plus, an early breakfast time will get you into the park early. Was really neat to walk down mainstreet and snap a photo with no one around.

9. makingplans4WDW

makingplans4WDW Mouseketeer

My family would vote for Donald's Safari Breakfast at TH in AK. The food was excellent. My DH has much love for their cinnamon rolls. (It's been 4 months and he still talks about them!) I can't remember if there is an egg/omelet station though, but I'm sure the latest menus will say. My kids really enjoyed the character interaction. My daughter was so excited to see Daisy!

10. Paradise18

Paradise18 DIS Veteran

Another vote for Donald's Breakfast Safari in AK. It is a family favourite. The food is excellent and we have always had good character interaction.

11. thelionqueen

thelionqueen DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The Tag Fairy thr

Crystal Palace is OK, the food was good overall but I'd pick Chef Mickey's. I have to say that the "Pooh Clan" are not my favorite characters, so that may make me biased.

To me though, nothing is better than the "Fab 5" walking around in the CR while I'm eating. Plus you can see the monorails go by which in and of itself is AMAZING! I also liked the food much better @ CM's.

Chef Mickey's will also be a harder ADR to get, so if you do go that route, (or with any character buffet really) do it asap. Enjoy! :goodvibes

12. Harlemgirl720

Harlemgirl720 DIS Veteran

I would pick Boma and then Donalds Safari Breakfast. But if characters are a must then Donalds.

13. Pluto27

Pluto27 Earning My Ears

I'll put my vote in for Donald's Breakfast Safari. There is such a wide variety of choices for breakfast, great character interaction and I love the location. Come out from breakfast in the morning and jump right on Kilamanjaros Safari.

14. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

I would pick CP. They have an omelette station and if you have a pre-park ADR it is great to be able to walk Main Street when it is empty.

15. anf002

anf002 Mouseketeer

Boma is incredible. The number of food choices is wonderful. There is an excellent video on YouTube that shows the entire buffet. It's I'd worth checking out.

16. Julie711

Julie711 DIS Veteran

Agreed :thumbsup2

17. Julie711

Julie711 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

18. scrappinannie

scrappinannie Mouseketeer

We love Crystal Palace...everything about it. At first, since we aren't huge Pooh fans, we thought we'd just go for the pretty setting and decent buffet, but it's become such a family favorite of ours. The character interaction is, hand's down, one of the best we've had. Most characters came around twice (stopped twice, I should say) and after that we just sort of waved as they passed by so they could spend more time with those guests they hadn't seen yet. The restaurant is beautiful and we really like the french toast puffs. Man, I drool just thinking about the french toast!!!

We have done Donald's breakfast only once, when it was still at Restaurantosaurus, but are planning on going in October again. It was great last time, hoping for more of the same. I and my DD liked the princess breakfast at Askerhus in Epcot. Though the whole process was a bit rushed, the food was good and the inside of the castle was gorgeous. Plus, Belle greets her guests before you eat and my DD being a huge Belle fan, well, it was magical for her!princess: DH thought the family style eggs/meat was not enough food and even though they advertise it as an all you can eat meal, it wasn't very easy to request more food. The cold buffet that accompanies it was good, but again, my DH loves his breakfast food and this just wasn't enough for him.

Used to like Chef Mickey's, but since we pay OOP the price has really gotten out of control for our family of 4. I feel it's gone down hill in recent years and am disappointed at how rushed the character interactions have been. Not to mention your $30 photo package is of you with a Mickey STATUE!!! We may go back some time, but are wanting to try out some other options.

Hope this helps!

19. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

Our Ratings of The Wave (Breakfast Buffet): (rev 1/6/2013)
    . . . food price value: B
    . . . food quality: B
    . . . food quantity per serving: A
    . . . food prep speed: B
    . . . food selection: C
    . . . seating quantity: B
    . . . seating comfort: B
    . . . eatery atmosphere: C
    . . . eatery convenience: B
    . . . staff friendliness: B
    . . . staff attentiveness: B
    . . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: This is a new location for a breakfast buffet. The buffet has
    significantly increased its variety, and now is very much worth the visit.
    At just under $20 per adult, it is extremely reasonable for a WDW
    buffet. For breakfast, it's probably the best-kept dining secret.
    it has Mickey waffles and delicious sweet potato pancakes. They use
    local fresh fruit and vegetables. For those with a smaller appetite, one
    can do the usual ala carte breakfast menu.

20. lemondog

lemondog <font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too

Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House is by far the best character breakfast buffet on property, in our opinion. Always a must do and a great way to start your AK day!

21. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this, I am going to look up that video. I've heard so many good things about the Boma breakfast, plus I've always wanted an opportunity to visit AKL. I have been trying to decide on a good breakfast buffet for us to do on our check out day and I think Boma will be at the top of our list since AKL is close to where we are staying too :thumbsup2