What beverages must I pay for out of pocket on DCL?

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
1. I know alcoholic beverages are obviously extra.
2. What about bottled water?
3. What about soft drinks/pop and juice?
4. What about milk?

Reason I'm asking... I thought soft drinks were provided free of charge. A friend told me only coffee, tea and tap water are free of charge.

Can you tell me an estimate for these beverages or show me the link.

Thank you.

There is a 24 drink station on Deck 9. Everything there is free.. Alcohol is NEVER free.(as you mentioned)

You will find. soft drinks (diet and reg), juice, water, ice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade...

Milk is free at all buffets, and in the dining rooms, as well as soft drinks and juice. Milk is in small containers, so you can take some to your room if need be.

Bottled water is sold, not given out. They sell an evian package, and I am not sure on that price. Any drink ordered from a bar will have a charge (including soft drinks).

Soft drinks ordered from room service, will also have a charge..

1. I have the bills to prove it.
2. Yes, you must pay for it.
3. Soda is available free at drink station on deck 9 but you must pay if you order it at a bar or through room service.
4. I believe it is free at the drink station but I don't drink it very often so not sure.

oh you made me think of something else - how much does it cost to order room service? Does everything ordered from room service cost out of pocket, or are some things "free of charge" or shall I say included in cost of cruise?

Do the rooms have mini-fridge? It would be nice to stock some milk in the room (my toddler), so we don't have to "make a run" every time she is thirsty.

Food from the room service menu is free. As someone else mentioned, ordering sodas from room service will incur a fee. You should be prepared to tip the person who brings your order though. We usually start at $2 for a snack and then tip up from there depending on how much we've ordered.

There is a "cooler" in your room. It looks like a mini-fridge, but doesn't actually have a refrigeration unit. It will keep things that are already cold cool, but I wouldn't trust milk that had been in it for more than a couple hours. Keeping a ziploc or two full of ice in there will also help keep things cooler.

There are free drinks if you know when and where...

At the art auction, they give out free drinks. We've had champagne but I've also heard that they serve martinis. Free.

At the captains reception, again free drinks. It is in the atrium.

There used to be free drinks at the Castaway Club reception but I heard that has been stopped.

On the 7 day cruises, there is an Art of Entertaining series. They used to give free drinks at the cocktail making seminar.

Yeah, I'm frugal ;)

As for the fridge in the room, it is really only a cooler. If something is already cold, it will keep it cool. If it is warm, it will not get cool. Ask your room steward for a bucket of ice to put in the cooler to keep it cold.

Room service is free except for the tip. The tip amount really depends on how much you order. $1-2/small order/snacks, $3-4 if you order a meal. As stated before, the soda is NOT free from room service. You also have to pay for candy and popcorn through room service. On our second cruise, the kids would call room service at least once a day and get cookies and popcorn. It was the white cheddar type and actually reasonably priced. The same that I would pay at the grocery store at home. There are items that you can get through room service that are not listed on the menu. Mickey Bars, Uncrustables (grape), Pedialyte frozen pops. I'm sure there are more but these are the only ones I remember.

On our recent (Oct 6-13) cruise, Evian water bottles and soda in cans were given out during the Castaway Club reception at Rockin Bar D.

The Evian water bottle package was 20 bottles for the price of 19....but unfortunately my memory fails me on the exact amount, because we chose not to purchase it.

I think you also get milk free thru room service but don't trust the cooler with it for more than a few hours.

One other beverage which is NOT free, milkshakes. Now, I don't know if they're still served. We ordered one for our DD in the dining rooms one evening (a few years ago,) and were told they cost extra.

can i ask if the cups at the soda station are card or plastic? i was thinking of taking some insulated cups with me (the type with lids on) for any hot drinks

i was also thinking of taking some plastic beakers with lids on too for the kids sodas, will this be ok?

i was also wondering if the staff are good at telling you what costs extra? so you don't get such a shock when you recieve that bill

thanks mazz

Kids can order Shirley Temples (with extra cherries) in the dining room for free.

i was also wondering if the staff are good at telling you what costs extra? so you don't get such a shock when you recieve that bill

In almost all cases you will get (for a lack of a better name) a charge slip to sign any time your onboard account is charged.

can i ask if the cups at the soda station are card or plastic? i was thinking of taking some insulated cups with me (the type with lids on) for any hot drinks

i was also thinking of taking some plastic beakers with lids on too for the kids sodas, will this be ok?

thanks mazz

The cups at the soda station are cardboard. You can bring your plastic refillable mug/cups, but please use a fresh cardboard cup to fill them (to avoid the spread of virus)

Suzi

Yes I know Disney (and many others including myself) perfer not to see people refilling their own mugs because as parkhopper mentioned virus can spread quickly!

I just plan to do as Parkhopper mentioned by filling the cardboard and transferring it to my mug!

Food from the room service menu is free. As someone else mentioned, ordering sodas from room service will incur a fee. You should be prepared to tip the person who brings your order though. We usually start at $2 for a snack and then tip up from there depending on how much we've ordered.

Could you please clarify something about Room Service - say if I order Room Service for Breakfast, does it include any free drink (e.g. milk, apple juice)?

Thanks

Could you please clarify something about Room Service - say if I order Room Service for Breakfast, does it include any free drink (e.g. milk, apple juice)?

Thanks

When I ordered brekfast from RS Coffee and soft drinks jucies etc were free, its cans bottles etc you pay for.

I had coffee the kids had juice, If you look at the breakfast order form in room it covers whats inc.

For those with little ones, this is good to know: whole milk from room service is free (warmed and delivered in a carafe or cold in the cartons). We brought a bottle warmer for our first cruise, but didn't on the second cruise because we heard this tip. Since for our second cruise DD was only getting a bottle before bed, we would call up around dinner time and tell them when we would like it delivered later that night--only one time were they about 15 minutes late.

Kids 'smoothies' in the evening meal cost $3.50 + tip not free.

We were with 2 other families, so we had all the kids down on one end. They all ordered smoothies. It was not much, and it was our fault for not looking at the menu (the price is listed for that one item and the kids did not notice, or care), but we had thought everything on the kids menu would be free so let them have a bit of freedom and order whatever they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter