What are your Valentine's Day Plans ?

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
mickey_sweethearts.jpg

Have you got anything nice planned for February 14th ? Are you doing anything romantic ? or planning a nice surprise ? :love:

Or like me and my hubby, do you find Valentine's Day a big rip off ? ::yes::

On Saturday we went to Birmingham for a nice meal and then stayed over at the Crowne Plaza. We hate how restaurants and florists put their prices up for this day, so try to do something on a different day

Even my flowers were two bunches of Daffodils (my fave flowers) at a pound a bunch from the market :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So tell us, will you be loved up on Saturday, or like me, are you just looking forward to Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway being back on TV :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (How sad is that ???)

I'm going to a wedding, but I do find valentines day a rip off and usually just exchange cards but occasionally DH will surprise me with flowers and then I get really annoyed because he has spent so much money on them and they usually make me sneeze:rotfl2: :rotfl2: . I'm not romantic at all but hubby does try hard

Ok,i am going to make every one sick now :lmao: .
Me+Hubby are romantic :love: -but not just on Valentines-you don't need a special day for that ;) .BUT in saying that we do exchange cards,and we always get each other a little something-but we have only a £10 limit.
We don't go out(we used to before having the girls),but once the girls have gone to bed i set the table,with table cloth+napkins,red glass candle holders,the Roses that Hubby gets me for Valentines,i always break the petals off of one+scatter them on the table.We have a chinese take-away+bubbly.Then we watch a film whilst munching on ice-cream,chocs+popcorn+more bubbly.x.

We do normally exchange cards but last year DH surprised me a huge box of chocs from Hotel Chocolate and i had got him nothing (just the card) So this year a suggested we don't get anything as its just a money making scam. So this year were not getting each other anything and also DH is working nights. We do get DD7 a card though:)

I agree Mandy it's a rip-off.
Me and Hubby are going to an awards ceremony next month so we are treating ourselves then to an overnight stay at the hotel they are being held and of couse I'll have to buy myself a new evening dress :laughing: to make up for valentine's.

Hubby and I stopped sending cards and flowers several years ago as I also think it's a rip off.

To me the whole point of Valentines day is to send a card to somebody you like that you're not actually with in the hopes they might take the hint. I.e. if for single people.

What's the point in sending them to somebody who knows you already love them? This should be shown every day of the year not when reminded by the card shops!

I never got a valentines card until I met my DH and I was already 26 then. I can remember every year the sideboard at home having 5 cards on and my dad would say "now there should be 6 - who's missing a card?" and then he would read them all out until it was obvious it was me. Sounds cruel to anybody who doesn't know our sense of humour but I still laugh about it now. :rotfl2:

Now hubby and I take it in turns to cook a nice meal for each other and spend the money we would have wasted on cards on a nice bottle of red wine. Can't wait for this year as it's hubbys turn to cook!

We send each other cards but thats it ! im totally in agreement with you mandy :thumbsup2

This is going to be really sad but i've never had a valentines card. Even when i've dated over valentines i've never got one....one guy told me the petrol station had ran out. I know it's a money making scheme but i would love a card.

I hate to say it, but at the minute I totally love Valentines day..... :lovestruc In fairness, Robert is my first boyfriend so it's still a fairly new thing to me!! :lmao:

This year I've bought him a Pizza Hut Gift Card (It was the only way I could think to give him a meal out!) and a blue nose bear..... And a card of course.... I know he's bought me a Pandora Charm because I've picked it, but I don't know what else he's got me (As I've said on other threads, I'm suspecting bed sheets!!! :lmao: )....... We're planning on ordering a Chinese 'Banquet' to share by candlelight (Bless him, he cooked last year but he took so long I had to take over out of starvation! 5 Hours to make a dish of Pasta is a bit silly.....).......

Bob xoxoxoxox

As far as cards and pressies go. I haven't had a card from Paul in years, and I try to find a funny one for him (though if anyone sees a Lightning McQueen Valentine's card, then please let me know), then I've bought him a huge bag of Mini Eggs and he's giving me a Valentine's Stitch that I saw at the Disney Store at the Florida Mall, which I blooming well paid for too :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are romantic but also think that Valentines Day is a rip off and prefer to be spontaneous buying little gifts, flowers etc for each other throughout the year.

That said I have been naughty & bought Hubby a pressie this year, he is going to cook me a meal on Saturday, then we will cuddle up on the sofa and watch a film. :cloud9:

(Your not alone Mandy I can't wait for Ant & Dec either. ;) )

As far as cards and pressies go. I haven't had a card from Paul in years, and I try to find a funny one for him (though if anyone sees a Lightning McQueen Valentine's card, then please let me know), then I've bought him a huge bag of Mini Eggs and he's giving me a Valentine's Stitch that I saw at the Disney Store at the Florida Mall, which I blooming well paid for too :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have you tried moonpig Mandy, their cards are brilliant

My husband is working that night so we are going out Wednesday night for a meal. I normally get flowers chocolate and a surprise he goes to the same florist all the time so she gives him the same deal as normal He tends to go a little over board with buying stuff I have told him to go small this year as we are going away for my 30th in march lets hope he listened to me :) ... I have no clue what to get him..

we shall be going to the footie, we do buy cards and somtimes little pressies x

As we got engaged on St. Valentine's Day, we usually exchange cards - sometimes I try and hide my identity, sometimes I don't. This year I'm not as I found a great card that will make DH laugh and I want to watch him open it! ;)

We have celebrated in various ways over the years - gone out, stayed in, gone away and so on... This year we're going out on Friday to see Keane at the O2 which I'm very excited about! We usually give each something but again it depends on whether we're inspired or not - DH sometimes needs a little inspirational 'help' but it seems to work out OK... :rolleyes:

I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies......then I will wake up and spend the day doing nothing as usual. :confused3

Well My boyfriend is off to Swansea early in the morning to watch his team Fulham (FA cup).
So while he is gone im going to make the room a love room :rotfl2: put lil heart shapes on the mirror with reasons why i love him, order a dominoes pizza (he has been wanting a nice pizza since the diet),put the candles on and watch Brokeback Mountain :rotfl: . I have bought him a South Park Dvd as he loves it and a lil Mickey and Minnie Teddy from the Disney Store (Ok thats for me :rotfl2: ).
Im also going to give him a well deserved back Massage. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter