What are your top 5 favourite restaurants and why?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by WeeScotchLass, Aug 27, 2012.

1. WeeScotchLass

WeeScotchLass Mouseketeer

Sep 11, 2010
    Hi all,

I know I have my favourite Disney restaurant whether it is a tradition thats a 'must-do' every trip or a place that has me drooling at the thought of steak over a year later (Yachtsman Steakhouse, this means you!:rotfl: ) So I thought it might be fun to find out where other folks love to eat on property, QS or TS, tell me where you love to eat (it'll really help with my planning too: added bonus!)

My favourites are (in no particular order):
    1- Crystal Palace: first morning breakfast tradition, I can't think of a better way to start my vacation than in the middle of Magic Kingdom
    2- Cali Grill: The service, the food, the view - all amazing. I have never been disappointed when dining here.
    3- Hoop Dee Doo Review: Despite not being blown away by the food I LOVE it here, the atmosphere has always been brilliant!
    Tied 4- Starring Rolls/French Patisserie/Main Street Bakery: Peanut Butter and Butterfinger Cupcakes /Napoleons and cheese and ham croissant/the SMELL!!!! All enough to make me drool and definitely satisfies my sweet tooth.
    5th- Yachtsman Steakhouse: As already mentioned the steak still has me reminiscing over a year later as do the scallops, one of the best meals I have ever eaten!

So those are mine, where do you love to eat? :goodvibes
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

May 9, 2011
  4. jcieutat

jcieutat Mouseketeer

Oct 19, 2010
    Ohana - The food and the bread pudding
    Le Cellier - The pretzel bread and obviously the mushroom filet
    Whispering Canyon Cafe - The food, milkshakes, and apple pie

We are trying a few new ones this year (Yachtsman's, San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi Drive-inn, etc). My girls are getting a little older so we are scrapping a few of the character meals since they see characters all day long in the park! I would have added two more but the above three have been heads above any other restaurant we have eaten at over the last decade!
  5. susieq76

susieq76 DIS Veteran

Jan 25, 2006
    My top 5

1. Hoop Dee Doo Review. My children went into their piggy banks and offered to pay to go this year, thats how much we love it. Not so much the food as the slapstick humor and fun that the show is to us. We did it on my youngest's first Christmas with extended family and have every trip since.

2. Chef Mickey's breakfast. This is our first day breakfast every trip. We love the characters and the essential Disney this restaurant is. Sadly, the food is not as good as it used to be.

3. Coral Reef. We have always enjoyed the food here as well as eating with our giant Turtle friends staring at us. We used to go here every year for my husbands birthday (we always went to disney then) and have the divers come with the sign :( Sad that has ended but still love it.

4. Biergarten. My husband and I love to meet new people, love german food and beer and the kids love to dance the chicken dance with the band. Seriously, we love the whole atmosphere and this is always on DH's must do list.

5. Le Cellier. This year will be the first time we are not going here :( We are trying some new places and it didn't make the cut due to the 2 credit status. We do love the food here though!
  6. behawk2003

behawk2003 Earning My Ears

Aug 27, 2012
    There are so many tasty restaurants! Our top 5 are:
    1-Artist Point
    Really, one can only say YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY. I have never been let down here and we go every trip, since it was opened.
    We have only recently discovered this one and wow what a great discovery!
    3-Casey's on Main Street
    HOT DOGS!!! Tasty ones too!
    4-Crystal Palace for breakfast
    I am sure it is good for every meal but there is something so special about it for breakfast
    5-Tie between Boulangerie Patisserie and Hoop de Doo
    I know, what kind of tie is that? The Hoop might have ok food but what a fantastic atmosphere! And French bakery - really? Where does one go wrong there??
    Thanks for asking a question to put me in my favorite place :)
  7. hailbug

hailbug Mouseketeer

Jan 11, 2012
    My top 5 are:

Teppan Edo- good food and entertaining chefs
    Yak & Yeti- good food love the sorbet trio
    Coral Reef- good food awesome atmosphere
    Cape May Clambake- snow crab legs!!
    Beaches and Cream- no way jose is to die for
  8. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

Aug 29, 2007
    In order:

1. Victoria & Alberts. It's one of the top 50 restaurants in the US, the only one in Florida ranked this high. The food and personal service is fantastic and it's less expensive than many of the other top 50s I have tried.

2. bluezoo. It's not on the dining plan, which means more adult atmosphere and better menu selections. The menu is almost completely fish and seafood which is my favorite thing to eat when at a restaurant. I love that it has a raw bar and the mixologists here make amazing martinis.

3. Il Mulino. It's not on the dining plan. It's the best Italian at WDW and the wine selection is excellent. Also, Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and they have a great one here.

4. Shulas. It's not on the dining plan. Although I'm not a steak eater, I am happy getting one here.

5. Flying Fish. Although not nearly as good as bluezoo, it's still fish!!!
  9. sabcook

sabcook Mouseketeer

Aug 7, 2012
    1. Victoria and Alberts - the food is so good - it tops my list of any restaurant, anywhere.
    2. Artist Point - Salmon and Berry Cobbler - 'nuff said.
    3. Crystal Palace - we also have a tradition of first breakfast here - a great way to start the trip, meet characters, and have a great b-fast to boot.
    4. Citricos - Often overlooked but stupendous food.
    5. Jiko - love the flatbread and other foods and the ambiance can't be beat.
  10. Karabee

Karabee DIS Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    For me:
    Citrico's - Amazing food and service
    Fulton's - I could just eat the crab & lobster bisque and be happy
    Tangierine Cafe - This place offers a nice QS option that's not chicken sandwiches or burgers.
    California Grill - The sashimi here was excellent and will keep me going back
    Ghiradelli - Not a meal but I love my ice cream!
  11. MagicKingdomMama

MagicKingdomMama DVC Member since 2010

Aug 26, 2012
    Yachtsman - I have NEVER had a bad meal there. It is always delicious and service is always just as good!
    Wolfgang Pucks Cafe - It is a perfect place to bring the kids without worrying they might disturb others and have a nice atmosphere and meal as well.
    Coral Reef - I LOOVE seafood and this place is just unique and fun, it is so very hard to get a reso though.
    Brown Derby - Their food is just amazing!
    Kimonos - They have some pretty delicious cocktails.. not to mention sushi!!!

We will be trying a few new places this trip. The Wave, Bluezoo, and maybe Shula's.
  12. bedogged

bedogged <font color=purple>Choose parents that aged well<b

Mar 28, 2004
    My top five as of today are:

Narcoossees - Always had a great meal and service here!

California Grill - Wonderful food, lots of fun.

Citrico's - They always make people feel special here. More adult.

Brown Derby - Best filet! A great break from the park.

Tie between Artist Point and Jiko. Both wonderful in their own right.
  13. jerseybean

jerseybean Earning My Ears

Aug 22, 2011
    1) ohanna- Beef, Beef and more Beef! O, and they do a Yummy banna Pudding.:cool1::thumbsup2

2) yachtmans steakhouse - best Steak. need i say any more....

3) 50's Primetime - Atomsphere and big thick milkshakes.

4) Boma - nice selection of food and its all you can eat!:cool1:

5) whispering canyon - don't forget to ask for ketchup!!!:rolleyes1
  14. NoOrdinaryPrincess

NoOrdinaryPrincess DIS Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    (In no particular order)
    1) cape May clambake
    2) Le Cellier
    3) tangerine cafe
    4) earl of sandwich (and cheap, too)
    5) Sanaa
  15. RocketEAR99

RocketEAR99 DIS Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    1. 'Ohana - I love the oak fire grilled food and the service and Polynesian atmosphere.
    2. Sci-Fi Dine-In - Again, big fan of the retro atmosphere. The food is a notch up from Drive-In but not too over the top to keep it retro.
    3. Kona Cafe - Two words: Tonga Toast!
    4. Olivia's Cafe - Great service, low dinner crowd, relaxed atmosphere and a superb prime rib!
    5. Le Cellier Steakhouse - Amazing Filet Mignon and I enjoy the dimly lit wine cellar atmosphere.
  16. AimeeMichele

AimeeMichele Mouseketeer

Jun 27, 2009
    In no particular order

1. Tutto Italia (loved their lasagna and their espresso martini)
    2. Chef Mickey's (been going ever since I was a little girl and still love it)
    3. Hoop Dee Doo Review (more for the show / humor than the food for sure)
    4. San Angel (love the ambiance and margaritas...like the food)
    5. Narcoossee's (great food, great service, great everything)
  17. DisneySweetheart

DisneySweetheart Mouse Groupie

Oct 28, 2007
    1. Be Our Guest (I know...Haven't eaten there YET, but soooo looking forward to it!

2. California Grill- The sushi was amazing!

3. 'Ohana- I love the Thai noodles, peanut sauce and dumplings...My husband loves the meat that they keep bringing to the table.

4. Le Cellier- Cozy place, great steak and Canadian Beer!!!! :)

5. San Angel Inn- I've only had one good meal there and it was YEARS ago and not on the menu anymore...But I LOVE the atmosphere in there.
  18. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

Jul 13, 2012
    1. V&A
    2. Blue Zoo
    3. Il Muliano
    4. Shula's
    5. Bistro de Paris - that was before it was on the DDP as we skipped it in May for our last trip and it will not be reopened for our Sept. trip. I am trying to keep an open mind about it.

Honorable Mentions: Cal Grill and Kimono's sushi.

Childhood favorites with my folks every year which still have a soft spot in my heart, especially for lunch when my standards aren't as high:

San Angel Inn
    Cal Grill/Top of the World
    Le Cellier (WAY before the DDP)

We will grab a lunch ADR on the fly or do a walkup for lunch often for San Angel Inn and Marrakesh - the interiors still remind me of falling in love with Epcot (San Angel Inn, my little 6 year old brain was blown away that we could eat beside a ride in 86) and my first Moroccan meal at Marrakesh. I loved the food and my folks let me have a sip of their spicy red wine. I thought I was SO grown up and sophisticated. My brother has the same exact feelings. I think that's what's great about WDW, the memories that you can revisit every time you step through the gates.
  19. Tanyabeth8

Tanyabeth8 Mouseketeer

Jul 14, 2012
    1. Jiko
    2. Yachtsman Steakhouse
    3. Raglan Road
    4. Marrakesh
    5. California Grill/Brown Derby tie
  20. bound4wdw

bound4wdw Mouseketeer

Aug 24, 2012
    Current list
    1. Beaches and Cream
    2. Boulangerie Patisserie
    3. 50's Prime Time Cafe
    4. Crystal Palace
    5. Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Will be trying in September:
    1. Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
    2. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
    3. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
    4. Les Chefs de France
    5. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
    6. Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

So the list will probably be changed.
  21. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    I'm listing six because five is not enough! :upsidedow

Le Cellier for the cheese soup and pretzel bread and the filet mignon and risotto!

'Ohana. Enjoyable food and the atmosphere. It underscores the fact that I am on vacation!

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. It's such a fun theme and the food is consistently good.

Kouzzina. Love the fisherman stew and warm donuts. They make yummy tasting brussels sprouts and I don't even like brussels sprouts!

Rose and Crown. Love the Bangers and Mash. I enjoy eating outside here if it's a nice day. Nice view of the lagoon.

Fulton's Crabhouse. Amazing seafood. Don't think we have ever had a bad meal here. Great service.