What are your Top 3 Magic Kingdom restaurants?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ChristmasSurprise, Jun 28, 2011.

1. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

At MK: Crystal Palace is great for character interaction, food was very good at breakfast last year and at dinner (but that was 3 years ago for us), and service was great. The restaurant is beautiful too. Great breakfast before the park opens. For CS at MK, we liked Cosmic Ray's. Lots of choices, and the kids enjoyed it.

Epcot: for TS dinner, I highly recommend Biergarten. It is in Germany. Excellent German food, and plenty of choices on the buffet for picky eaters. The band is wonderful too, and our kids enjoyed dancing to the music there. Akershus was wonderful at Epcot for lunch (Norway). Delicious food, and the Disney princesses are there. We also enjoyed San Angel (Mexico) and Chefs de France for lunch. We will be going back to both of those, as well as Biergarten (my favorite restaurant so far, in all of WDW!).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jeffl

jeffl Mouseketeer

Another vote here for Liberty Tree Tavern. We enjoyed Crystal Palace more when the kids were into Pooh characters.

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

So its obvious I love Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace, as i've indicated above. I've always had great meals at both places. Love the decore and characters at CP.

Tony's is by far the absolute worst meal i've ever had in disney, and possibly my entire life. They call that Italian? :lmao: Funny!! I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Ohana's next door (at the poly) is WONDERFUL. Love the characters, atmosphere, and food! Very relaxed atmosphere.

5. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

FYI, Ohana characters are present at breakfast only. Not dinner. But they have plenty of activities for the kids at dinner time too. Coconut races etc. I think there's a hawaiin singer there too? I thought i heard something about that? :confused3

6. KTJAY

KTJAY Mouseketeer

We love CP for breakfast the most at MK for lunch or dinner I would jump on the monorail.

The characters at 1900 Park Fare are fanastic just didn't love the food-I'm hoping it was just an off night though. Plus they have a huge gingerbread house that you can walk into at Christmas time. It's a must see. :santa:

We really like Kona-breakfast is the best though-macademia-nut pancakes.:banana: but dinner and lunch are good too.

Epcot has so many good choices:

Coral Reef was good and there's a big fish tank inside-kids like it. I don't like seafood though so I find the menu kind of limited.

Via Napoli has great pizzas and desserts.

Le Cellier has good steaks :goodvibes

If you have girls you might like Akerhaus with the princess dining.

If you make a reservation at a different hotel you can check out their decorations at Christmas-Beach Club and GF are usually beautifully decorated :goodvibes

Have a great !st trip!!

7. Disney52303

Disney52303 Mouseketeer

TS:
    -Tony's. Food is classic ITalian choices but nothing super special but we love the ambiance and location
    -Crystal Palace. One of my favorite character experiences. So pretty in there, we like it for lunch
    -1900 Park Fare at GF, we've never had bad luck with the food. DD adores Cinderella so this is a must see.

CS:
    -Pecos Bill
    -Cantina de San Angel - haven't been since the renovation but this used to be our favorite CS
    -Sunshine Season

8. ABE4DISNEY

ABE4DISNEY DIS Veteran

We were just there 3 weeks ago and ate at three of the mentioned restaurants. Our review:

Ohana breakfast--awesome as always! One of the most consistent restaurants!

Liberty Tree Tavern--really surprised that the food did taste homemade. A must do if you are wanting roast beef or turkey.

The Plaza--I didn't expect much here, but we were thrilled with our sandwiches and the desserts go the extra mile here--I think because it is connected to the ice cream parlor! The Plaza is much better than most of the sandwichy TS restaurants in WDW.

Conclusion: O'Hana was already a favorite place, but now the other two are must do's as well. We have also eaten at Crystal Palace and Tony's a couple years back. They were also quite good, but we didn't want to return to them.

9. jacksmom

jacksmom DIS Veteran

For TS we love Crystal Palace, like CRT and LTT (lunch)! For CS we love CHH, Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays! :banana:

10. maj42169

maj42169 Wishing Upon A Star!

For the best variety in counter service then you need to go to Cosmic Ray's starlight Cafe. They have many different choices , and it has lots of seating. If you are wanting table service, there are not many options in MK. You have the buffet at Crystal Palace, liberty tree tavern, or tony's town square that serve meals. My vote is for The crystal Palace.

As for epcot, counter service at the electric umbrella has burgers etc. Sunshine seasons has a great variety for counter service.

11. dapa4por

dapa4por Earning My Ears

Liberty Tree Tavern, Tonys, Chrystal Palace YUMMO! :)

12. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

We like at Magic Kingdom:

TS

Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
    Tony's (Dinner - It is just ok)

CS

Cosmic Rays
    Pecos Bills
    Columba Harbour House

Restaurants close to Magic Kingdom that we like:

TS
    1900 Park Fare (Dinner) at Grand Floridian
    Ohana's (Dinner) at Poly

13. Dziactor

Dziactor Mouseketeer

I love Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, lets me get my Thanksgiving Dinner fix on.

14. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare before Park Opens
    Lunch: Cinderella's Royal Table
    Dinner: Crystal Palace

Epcot

Breakfast: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
    Lunch: Chefs de France, Marrakesh, Teppan Edo, or San Angel Inn
    Dinner: Garden Grill, Tutto Italia, Bistro de Paris, or Biergarten

15. Goofy4WDW1964

Goofy4WDW1964 Mouseketeer

At the Magic Kingdom, we have only done breakfast at the Crystal Palace and have loved it every time. Can't comment on lunch or dinner. For counter service - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray(great variety), Pecos Bill's for a burger, and we had a pretty good taco salad at thPirate and the Parrot (or Tortuga Tavern now). For counter service, The Plaza Restaraunt. This place is very resonable and is a sit down sandwich shop. One of the best meals we have had anywhere at WDW.