what are your thoughts on a "last day" character breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jenniferma, Oct 5, 2012.

1. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

Hi, wanting some opinions. We just switched our resort to Poly. We've never stayed there before, so we're super excited.

Our flight home on monday was pushed back till 1:45 pm, so I was considering booking an Ohana Character breakfast that last morning. We are doing quite a few other character meals that week, so I am not sure if it's overkill.

Is it a tradition for anyone to do a nice breakfast that last morning, or do you just eat quickly and run. I am not sure if it will be savoring those last moments.. or if after six nights we'll be Disney hungover by then??

thanks for your advice!
    jen

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I don't think it's overkill at all and would definitely book Ohana for your last morning :). We always do a breakfast at the TS restaurant on our check out day at the resort we're staying at. We usually book a flight home for around 1:00 pm, so doing a sit down breakfast around 8:00 or 9:00 gives us plenty of time to have a relaxing breakfast, go back to the room for a few minutes, get our luggage, and then head to the airport. I always pack the night before, so there's no rushing to get packed that morning ;).

4. Geomom

Geomom Mouseketeer

I would do it! It's a nice last vacation memory. For our next trip, we're staying at Beach Club Villas and plan to do the Cape May character breakfast on the day we leave.

5. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

I think it's a great for 2 reasons. First, you get the disney experience without having a park ticket for that day. Second and equally as important in my opinion, the buffet or family buffet in this case ensures that you all leave full and won't be starving on the flight home. We usually eat a late buffet and that will last us till were off the plane and driving to our home later that evening.

6. Roxychica7

Roxychica7 DIS Veteran

Ohana's for breakfast is a fantastic idea! It is definitely not overkill. The food is fantastic and the characters, especially Stitch are awesome. I would do it! :thumbsup2

7. Disneymeme

Disneymeme Earning My Ears

We are doing Ohana's the morning we leave to go home. My thoughts were to go home with that 1 last Disney experience. Of course, until we go back next year. ;-)

8. cmh314

cmh314 Mouseketeer

I think the character breakfast at Ohana would be a great choice for your last morning, especially if you're staying at the Poly. I say go for it!

9. tigger30066

tigger30066 Mouseketeer

Ohana breakfast is our last meal at WDW every trip. WE :love: it.

10. xipotec

xipotec Grinning Ghosts

We are ending at Narcoossee's

11. PrincessP

PrincessP Mouseketeer

We did Chef Mickey's on the first day of our first two trips. Last month we did Chef Mickey's on our last morning. It was fun to have one more real Disney experience before we left (this was after seeing Mickey and Minnie and friends multiple times at other meals and/or park meet and greets throughout the week....you can never have too much character interaction when your children are little....no overkill...lol).

Then we finished packing up and checked out (we stayed at the Poly, too....you'll love it).....and followed that by a round of Disney minigolf....

It was a better "last day of vacation" plan for us than what we've done before (which was a half day at MK). It wasn't as rushed to pack, check out, etc.

Have a fantastic vacation. pixiedust:

12. AMB1

AMB1 Mouseketeer

Absolutely!

We once had a 1:30ish flight while staying at the CR. There really wasn't enough time to visit a park before catching the Magical Express, so we booked breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It was perfect because it gave us an activity, while also being close enough to the room to take care of last minute issues. After breakfast we picked up a few things from the gift store that we had promised the kids and then we headed off.

13. snarfblatt

snarfblatt Mouseketeer

We are at 'Ohana the morning we leave...

14. Destructsean

Destructsean DIS Veteran

Haha, add me to the list of those with ADRs for character breakfasts on the departure day.

We have reservations for the character breakfast at Ohana on our last morning. We figured it would be a nice way to say goodbye to the experience. :thumbsup2

15. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

We end every trip with a breakfast buffet. last trip was Boma, our upcoming trip the plan is Crystal Palace.

It is a tradition in our family. Just like MK is always our first park.

:thumbsup2

16. riostoker

riostoker Earning My Ears

LOVE 'Ohana's character breakfast! You should absolutely book it! No question. My favorite part about it is that the food comes to you rather than you having to time trips to the buffet around character appearances! The food is delicious, and it would be such a relaxing, fun, delicious way to spend your last morning. Don't hesitate! You'll love it.

17. hulagirl87

hulagirl87 DIS Veteran

Always Crystal Palace. One last character breakfast, a few hours in the park and then off to catch Magical Express to take us home.... :sad1:

18. LadyBeBop

LadyBeBop DIS Veteran

Since you're already staying at the Poly, I say go for it. But only because you're staying at the Poly.

Remember, you have to be at your ME stop no later than about 10:30 (to catch your 1:45 trip home).