What are your must-do's when you come?

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
Just another post to get a conversation going, what are the must-do things you have to do while at the park, no matter how many times you come into the parks?

I would imagine there is that one, or maybe a couple of things that everyone has to do each time they come into the park, whether they have an annual pass, come once every year, or rarely get a chance to come at all.

i always do the rides and shows.

thought we already had a thread on this.
will go check as i could merge them if so.

I was hoping something more specific.

Like for example, more recently, it seems as if every time I go to Universal I have to at least catch Horror Make Up Show on my way out.

JPRA, regardless of the temperature and the crowd. Can't go without riding it at least once.

- Eat at Finnegans
- Not in parks, but eat at Hard Rock
- Churros for kids, Duff for mom and dad
- Mardi Gras parade
- Play Beastie Boys "Sabotage" on RRR
- Fake names on ET

Last edited:
EVERYTHING HARRY POTTER!!!!! (I'm a bit of a fan, if you can't tell ;) ) Love the rides, the shows, the spells (we have a friendly competition in our family to see who can get the spells to work first), food, ice cream, BUTTERBEER!

Love finding new things all throughout the parks, so we are always checking out everything.

JP playground, SpiderMan, ET, Hulk...used to be the Lucy museum, as we are all fans of her work. I will miss spending a hot afternoon in the AC, looking at mementos and battling for the best score on the Lucy trivia machines :sad:

Confession :ssst: I have only tasted butterbeer once and thought it was good, but when I tasted the pumpkin juice, I was in heaven. Therefore, if I ever get the chance to have a wizarding world creation, the must-do drink for me is actually the pumpkin juice. It was the number one drink I was always curious about while reading the series, especially since I have a huge love for pumpkin pie. I thought, how can you have pumpkin juice? So for me, it was a glorious surprise and I'd much rather have a pumpkin juice than butterbeer.

Have you tried the fizzy version of pumpkin juice? I've never had either one so I'm trying to decide which one to try next trip.

Horror Makeup show
The Mummy
Picture with Spidey
Must hear a full loop of Ocean Trader Market in Lost Contnent
A little time in the comic shop in marvel super hero island
Checking out all the fabulous pearl jewelry I can't yet afford at the pearl factory

Have you tried the fizzy version of pumpkin juice? I've never had either one so I'm trying to decide which one to try next trip.

It's really nice.........I don't like pumpkin juice, but I did like the fizzy stuff. Couldn't drink a lot of it but it's nice.

Got it in 3B's and the lovely lady gave me a small sample before I bought it.

I like both the bottled pumpkin juice and the fizzy pumpkin juice (sold in 3 Broomsticks) but like the fizzy a little more. It's lightly carbonated (not as fizzy as soda) and less thick/syruppy? I LOVE Butterbeer, but if we do breakfast at one of the HP places, I always order the pumpkin juice, as it seems more like a refreshing apple juice kinda feel, with a nice pumpkin pie spice taste.
That probably made absolutely no sense, but I know what I mean :rotfl:

Our only must-do is check in or drop luggage, then go straight to the Mummy and ride that first, before anything else. The only other must do is lunch at Margaritaville the day we leave (we always have an afternoon flight out).

However, for those new here, EVERYTHING is must-do at the parks, City Walk, and the hotels, so plan accordingly. The variety is endless - you can't do it all in a few days.

On our next trip this November there are a few things I want to do that would be new to me:
  • Drink a Woodford Manhattan at Jake's (this is in no particular order; a drink wish just happens to be first)
  • Eat dinner at either Bice or Mama Della's
  • Sample the Cowfish
  • Mini golf at City Walk
  • Eat at Mythos
  • Do a dive-in movie at one of the resorts
  • Find, hopefully, a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich somewhere in the parks (a Lard Lad doughnut is a good second choice here)
  • Attend Portofino's "musica della notte" - sip a glass of red wine while there
If I can squeeze these in during a five day stay I'll feel fortunate.

I like both the bottled pumpkin juice and the fizzy pumpkin juice (sold in 3 Broomsticks) but like the fizzy a little more. It's lightly carbonated (not as fizzy as soda) and less thick/syruppy? I LOVE Butterbeer, but if we do breakfast at one of the HP places, I always order the pumpkin juice, as it seems more like a refreshing apple juice kinda feel, with a nice pumpkin pie spice taste.
That probably made absolutely no sense, but I know what I mean :rotfl:

I know what you mean! For the first time I had breakfast at 3B on my last trip and decided to have pumpkin juice with the meal. While I think pumpkin juice is always a good thing to have, however it was a perfect compliment the breakfast. I'll definitely have to try the fizzy pumpkin juice next time. Also, one of these days I need to actually get a bottle of pumpkin juice too. That way I can keep it and just save it for when I get home. That way I have it when I need a fix.

Islands- Spiderman, Dudley do right, popeye bilges, jurassic park, cat in the hat, hopefully kong when that opens and butterbeer,

Univ- Men in Black, Mummy, ET, Terminator movie, Transformers, gringots.

City walk-Bob marleys and hard rock.

ET & FJ (so completely different) but are two rides I just love!

As far as overall family
Spiderman
Despicable Me
Simpsons
Butterbeer
RRR
MIB
Big Pink Donut

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter