What are your Mother's Day Plans

We usually go out to an early breakfast to avoid the crowd. Last year we took my DD to the park afterward (large park with a zoo & kids train). We might do the same this year, weather permitting.

DS made brunch reservations 2 months ago. He was disappointed that he waited too long last year at the place he wants to take us. It'll be my husband, son, grandson, daughter-in-law & her mother. Looking forward to it!

I don't know, it's mother's day, I have nothing planned. But most likely I will get up, feed the cats, take the dogs out, and make myself some coffee. Maybe sit and watch tv alone, do the dishes, clean up, you know the usual. I have five kids and a husband that will most likely forget to plan anything and mid-day they will realize they forgot and someone will run off to get me flowers and a card. I love my family but they rarely do anything special for me. Maybe someday they will remember.

My boys and I will be taking my wife out to dinner and will also visit her mother. My mother has passed so we will more than likely stop by the cemetery to visit her as well.

I have no idea yet. I hate to go out to eat....always too crowded.
I will have to ask DDIL what she wants to do. We are the two mothers in the family.

Going to the zoo - they are doing a mothers day brunch and then just wander around the zoo (we have annual passes)

Edit: Just talked to the DH and we are releasing a balloon in memory of our angel babies who made me a mother and had to leave too soon

Last edited:
Last year I delayed Mother's Day a week until my son was home from school. This year the week after is my other son's graduation so I'll have to make do. But it does feel odd when you start having Mother's Day without one of your kids around.

I don't know, it's mother's day, I have nothing planned. But most likely I will get up, feed the cats, take the dogs out, and make myself some coffee. Maybe sit and watch tv alone, do the dishes, clean up, you know the usual. I have five kids and a husband that will most likely forget to plan anything and mid-day they will realize they forgot and someone will run off to get me flowers and a card. I love my family but they rarely do anything special for me. Maybe someday they will remember.

I felt so sad when I read this. 5kidsmommy, I hope this is the year they remember. If not, let me be the first to wish you a Happy Mothers Day :flower3:

I felt so sad when I read this. 5kidsmommy, I hope this is the year they remember. If not, let me be the first to wish you a Happy Mothers Day :flower3:

Awwwww Thanks!

I didn't really mean for it to be sad. My husband works hard to support a family of 7, I have always been able to stay home and have never gone without. My family is just really forgetful, they count on me to remember things for them. My husband did try and surprise me this year for our 21st anniversary with a hotel trip but couldn't figure where my swimsuit was and couldn't think of a good excuse to get me out to the car. Really do not feel bad for me, I'll enjoy a nice quiet morning and I am sure I won't have to make dinner or do any house work once they realize it's mother's day. :)

I love Mother's Day! It's my favorite day of the year. My kids usually make me breakfast (they're 5, 7, and 9, so it's something simple), and then we'll go out to brunch at a place of my choosing (need to make reservations for that). The kids all either buy or make me a present, and DH always gets me a gift. He's the best gift giver ever, so it's always something that I really look forward to. Then they usually give me some "free time" in the afternoon to go shopping by myself or go get coffee. It's an awesome day! :)

In December I bought tickets to the Lion King Broadway show that is coming to town- so happened one of the cheaper nights was Mother's Day. Also worked in my favor when DH complained about it (which really surprised me- he loves Disney) and I told him it was on Mother's Day so he has to go and not complain.

I usually make a baked good for my mom. She is going to a college graduation lunch party that probably 3 of us 4 kids are also invited to, so she can see them and also not cook. I haven't decided if we'll go to that or not.

Awww, don't feel bad. My birthday is at the end of the year and my coworkers, family, and kids all forgot. Once they realized they forgot they felt really bad. My eldest daughter did plan a lil something, she did take a portion of her allowance and bought me a card and some candy but she just got the days mixed up. So, they hurried signed it and brought it in AT 8 PM!!! hahahaha Don't feel bad at all - you're not the only one with family who *ahem* forgets from time to time. My eldest told me that she's gonna throw me the bestest/sickest 40th bday party ever. She's got almost 3yrs to plan it so I can't wait to see these results!!!

Awww, don't feel bad. My birthday is at the end of the year and my coworkers, family, and kids all forgot. Once they realized they forgot they felt really bad. My eldest daughter did plan a lil something, she did take a portion of her allowance and bought me a card and some candy but she just got the days mixed up. So, they hurried signed it and brought it in AT 8 PM!!! hahahaha Don't feel bad at all - you're not the only one with family who *ahem* forgets from time to time. My eldest told me that she's gonna throw me the bestest/sickest 40th bday party ever. She's got almost 3yrs to plan it so I can't wait to see these results!!!

For my 40th we spent a week at WDW. I planned the trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter