What are your favourite indoor (rainy-day) attractions?

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
We are heading back to Orlando at the end of August for another week of family fun in the sun :cool1: .

On our two previous trips (both during the month of January), we have only ever experienced one afternoon of light rain. :worship: Thank you Mother Nature!!!

I am expecting we won't be so lucky on our upcoming trip. So that begs the question.....what are you favourite indoor attractions for a rainy day? We have one teen son so it needs to appeal to the 16-and-up crowd. We are staying in the I-Drive area, so wondering which of the attractions there might be worth a visit (Wonderworks, Titanic, etc.?).

Shopping, of course, is a good fall-back (especially when travelling with a teenager!) but thought we'd investigate some other options as well. We will have a rental car, so would consider a short drive to get to somewhere worthwhile which falls outside of the I-Drive area.

I should also note that this is a non-themepark trip for us. We have done all four Disney parks, both Universal parks, Discovery Cove and SeaWorld on previous trips, so loose plans for this getaway include Aquatica, Gatorland, an airboat ride, a trip to a beach, etc. as well as enjoying all the amenities at our resort.

We tried Disney Quest on one very rainy day. Bad choice. Everyone else had the same idea and it was so crowded that you couldn't find any games free.

Sheila

It really depends on "rain" that we are talking about. If it is just raining, without and thunder or lighting, it is a great time to go to the waterparks. You are going to be wet anyway and it is a lot less crowded.

It really depends on "rain" that we are talking about. If it is just raining, without and thunder or lighting, it is a great time to go to the waterparks. You are going to be wet anyway and it is a lot less crowded.

Great advice :thumbsup2 .

By "rain", I am thinking more of the driving, soaking kind......the kind its just not comfortable being out in. Just in case a hurricane happens to roll along the Pacific Coast and make life difficult for us vacationers in Orlando! lol

Wonderworks and the Titanic are good indoor attractions. I honestly think Epcot Future World is a good rain choice, too. You can do multiple things inside each building and they are relatively close together.

Wonderworks and the Titanic are good indoor attractions. I honestly think Epcot Future World is a good rain choice, too. You can do multiple things inside each building and they are relatively close together.

I would love to hear more about Wonderworks and Titanic, Lucky'sMom, if you are willing to share. I see you have three teen sons (my boy is 16) so your perspective of (and experience with) each attraction would definitely be relevant for my family.

What's particularly appealing or fun at each? How long does each take to "do" in its entirety? Which gives you the most bang for your buck? Would a teen boy prefer one over the other?

If anyone else has any info they'd like to share about these two in particular, I would love to hear your thoughts. Both are just a short drive from our resort.

A Dave and Buster's just opened in Orlando. Our closest one is 3+ hours away, so we don't get there more than once every 2-3 years. We're going late June, so I'm thinking we may spend a sweltering afternoon at D&B playing games. It would probably be less crowded than DisneyQuest.

Well, I'm not going to be much help with explaining Wonderworks. We went to the Outta Control Comedy Magic Show dinner there, so that's why I know about it. But we didn't go inside the actual Wonderworks Attraction. Our family went to the Titanic in Branson. It is very interesting, with real artifacts and info on the ship and the sinking. I would recommend getting the headset, as it really added to the experience. With teenage boys in mind, though, I would also consider the Fantasy of Flight museum, the Ripley's Believe it or Not and that indoor skydiving experience (don't remember the name). There are also the arcades in some of the Disney resorts, like at the Contemporary.

Well, I'm not going to be much help with explaining Wonderworks. We went to the Outta Control Comedy Magic Show dinner there, so that's why I know about it. But we didn't go inside the actual Wonderworks Attraction. Our family went to the Titanic in Branson. It is very interesting, with real artifacts and info on the ship and the sinking. I would recommend getting the headset, as it really added to the experience. With teenage boys in mind, though, I would also consider the Fantasy of Flight museum, the Ripley's Believe it or Not and that indoor skydiving experience (don't remember the name). There are also the arcades in some of the Disney resorts, like at the Contemporary.

Thanks Lucky'sMom :thumbsup2 .

I would love to hear more about the Outta Control dinner show....I actually just posted a question earlier this week about it on the Canadian Board. If you would be willing to chime in with a summary of your thoughts and experience, I would be very grateful! Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871076

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter