what are your favorite offsite restaurants?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Joan1, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Joan1

Joan1 DIS Veteran

we will probably have some meals offsite next time we travel to WDW, we will have a car. What are your favorite offsite restaurants? We don't normally care for places like old country buffet and are not buffet lovers in general

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Singinglizzie

Singinglizzie DIS Veteran

We love Joe's Crab Shack and always try to eat there if we can!

4. kalc12345

kalc12345 DIS Veteran

We like Giordano's. Yummy pizza!

5. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

Second this!!

6. ugadog99

ugadog99 <font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a

Sweet Tomatoes (a buffet but oh so good and fresh!) and Miller's Ale House are our favorites.

7. Steph&katie

Steph&katie Best friends are going to Disney!

Ponderosa steakhouse

Charlie's steakhouse - Kissimmee

Chick-a-fil-a

IHOP (international house of pancakes)

Denny's!

Goldan corral

Planet Hollywood (DTD)

Sizzler steakhouse

8. figment814

figment814 Mouseketeer

When I travel, I try not to eat at chains...particularly if it's a restaurant I can eat at when I'm home. But...

I really like Timpano's. (It is technically a chain, since there are several in Florida.) It has a supper club/jazz club feel that's a little hard to explain...but I have never eaten something there that I didn't like.

While I would never eat at Giordano's on vacation (live in the Chicago burbs so it's readily available!) I do think it's great pizza.

9. MrsDoubtfire

MrsDoubtfire Mouseketeer

During our annual vacation to Florida, we make a trek to Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. I know there is one in the Orlando area. We eat at the hibachi where you watch the chef prepare the meals - very entertaining and VERY tasty food. If you do decide to give it a try, call ahead for reservations so you're not waiting several hours for a table (depending on the time of year).

10. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE Sweet Tomatoes - super fresh and tons of choices. In fact we are in the process of making our ADR's for our upcoming trip..when I asked my kids if they had any preferences they both said Sweet Tomatoes.;)

11. haPevraftr

haPevraftr DIS Veteran

Bonefish Grill

12. KeepBreathing

KeepBreathing Earning My Ears

These are on the pricier side, but we like to do a couple of higher end dinners when we go on vacation. We have really enjoyed Texas de Brazil and Moon Fish. The last time we visited Orlando we were upset to learn that Rangetsu had closed as that had been a favorite of ours as well.

13. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

For dinners, we love Olive Garden, TGI Friday's, Chili's, and Cracker Barrel. Our favourite lunches are at Friendly's and Cici's. All are chains, though, so may not appeal to you........but they are novel to us as we have none of them here in our region of Canada.

For something different, I would highly recommend the Outta Control Dinner Show. Food is good (unlimited pizza, salada, popcorn, cake, and all you care to enjoy alcohol and soft drinks) and the entertainment is fantastic (Tony Brent is hysterical). At $22.99 pp its great value and a ton of fun.

14. Jenny3

Jenny3 DIS Veteran

Emeril's in City Walk; definitely our favorite meal of our trip!

15. Mysteria

Mysteria I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.

100% agree with this. I was so pleasantly surprised that the food wasn't horrible and the show is great! Went 2 years in a row and would go back again.

Any other non-chain suggestions?

16. JimMIA

JimMIA A little Miami humor...

Columbia Restaurant in Celebration. Classic old-line Spanish cuisine, gracious service, 1905 Salad to die for. A must trip every trip to WDW, or anywhere else there's a Columbia (Sarasota, St Augustine, Tampa, etc)

Here's a link to a "Best Offsite Restaurants" thread that will give you many more ideas.

17. susan13

susan13 Earning My Ears

Market street cafe in celebration

18. Joan1

Joan1 DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone - will check out some of the places we don't have near us. We have all the usual chains Macaroni Grill TGIF, Joe's crab shack, etc. we like some but really do not care for others. Bonefish we have by us but we really enjoy it so that is definitely on the list

19. figment814

figment814 Mouseketeer

We had a great breakfast here.

20. DanenRox

DanenRox Disney Junkies DVC Gold

Chevy's!!!! Mexican food right outside of the Downtown Disney entrance to WDW. Great food, great prices and we always go home with leftover (which become the next day's lunch). Bahama Breeze is also pretty good.
    :3dglasses

21. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

Not sure if I would want to eat it on a Disney trip cause we ate SO much, but Fogo De Chao opened fairly recently in Orlando and it is the BEST restaurant meal I've ever had.