What are you getting your 9 year old girls for Christmas?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
Every year there is always one kid I struggle to find gifts for. This year it's my 9 year old. She isn't asking for anything (which is awesome, but tough).

What are you getting your 9 year old girls? I could really use some ideas. Her birthday was 2 weeks ago and I think she recieved every shopkins thing made.

When my daughter was 9 I also struggled. This is when I started to add in a little "your growing up" things to start transitioning her room into the preteen and teen years. A lap desk, personalized jewelry and makeup case (with some things to start it off), etc. nothing too expensive but it wasn't the child quality room stuff either. A lot of the stuff came from pbteen or similar stores (usually purchased online). It's things she still very fond of and remembers when she got it.

Our 9 year old girl is a little different.

We got her skis, Star Wars bedding set, board games, Disney Infinity figurines, etc....

My 9 yo girl so far got a new scooter. She uses my older dtrs (big wheel scooter kind) and my older dtr who is 14 complains about that and my youngest wants her own. That alone was $70.

She also wants a dog but instead she is getting a calendar with dogs on it (mean parents but oh well!).

I got her a shirt but I needed to see if it fit her so I bought 2 of the same style and gave her one and that one fits. I have bought a bunch of stocking stuffers.

She has a huge list but I haven't read it yet. She will probably get some Legos. She doesn't play with Barbies and I really want to get rid of them but I am sure she will complain. She still likes LIttest Pet Shop but if I get her something for that it will just be the pets. I am also thinking of getting her a pogo stick since she is my 3rd and we don't have one.

I will go to 5 below and get some stuff in there-nail polish and I will see what else they have. I know I got some book at Michaels for her but for the life of me I have no idea what kind of book it is!

My youngest DD turns 9 on the 27th. She is asking for a robot- Meccano Mecanoid or whatever its called. She plays Barbies A LOT, so a couple of Barbie "sets" (frozen yogurt shop, and bakery), a chemistry set (Mc2 Girls) Legos, Boots. We are getting a new TV, and a Wii U for the basement for all three of the girls too.

My 9 year old is asking for an electronic keyboard. We have a piano, but she wants something that makes different sounds. She still likes the Ever After High and Monster High Dolls. She is asking for American Girl stuff, but I'm a little hesitant about that. She played with American Girl Dolls and their things constantly from age 3-7, but now that she is 9 they mostly just sit there and don't get played with much, so I hate paying their expensive prices when she really has outgrown playing with them. She is asking for Infinity 3.0 and Furbacca (the Furby Chewbacca) because all the kids around here are in a Star Wars frenzy right now with the new movie coming out, and she is just seeing all the movies (other than the original movie which she saw when she was younger) for the first time. She is interested in the MC2 girls- the ones that come with the science experiments. She is no longer interested in Barbies at all. She still likes Legos. She is interested in trying to learn to sew, needlepoint, cross-stitch, latch hook right now (she does not get any of that from me-I'm pretty sure it came from watching Project Runway), so I may get her something related to that. We usually do some board games. She really wants a phone, but the answer to that was No!

If she likes Shopkins, she might like miworld. DD went through a miworld phase around her 9th birthday. I think we have about a whole mall built in her playroom.

Last edited:
No idea. She loves dolls but already has two American Girl dolls. She'll get a doll outfit or two, including a matching one, but I'm stuck for a big gift idea. I had thought about a sewing machine so she could learn to sew dolls clothes. But she said she doesn't want a sewing machine. (Also, I don't have a clue how to use one so I need her frustration tolerance to be high while I figure it out too. So, she really needs to want one. I'm filing this idea in my brain for a later date though). There's a chance she'll get another American Girl doll as there's one she keeps looking at and hasn't come right out and said no. Or yes. But not a no is the best we're doing right now.

As for Roominate, she got that last Christmas and does enjoy it but doesn't want any additional sets.

At one time, there was a Lego Friends set she wanted, but she changed her mind.

At one time, she wanted one of those yard geese with outfits to change it. But she also changed her mind.

She loves Minecraft but doesn't want any Minecraft stuff. She doesn't play other video games.

She's always been my hardest to buy for, no matter what the age. She doesn't want much and gets overwhelmed when she has too much. That's usually a good thing but not when she doesn't have Christmas ideas! Last year, her big gift was a night at a hotel with an American Girl package and going to the store and picking out one outfit. So, also think about experiences to further your options.

My daughter's last birthday gift was a floor beam. So, if your child is into gymnastics at all, a floor beam could work as an idea. We got one that folds up. The regular beams were way too expensive. Plus, this way, I don't need to supervise as much!

My daughter is turning 9 two days after Christmas. For Christmas, among other things, she is getting The Grace American Girl doll with some outfits and accessories, a few Shopkins playsets and the new Shoppies dolls. She is also getting an Ozobot. They looked pretty interesting and the educational value of it is a plus.

For her birthday 2 days later, she is getting yet another AG doll that I got from a Jill's deal sale. I couldn't resist at that price! She is also getting an iPad mini and a few other odds and ends.

Feel your pain. DD has never been into dolls much, not terribly into a lot of sports, and so on -- our options get limited. This year it is about music. She's getting a used drum kit. She and her brother are sharing a rock band game from santa. Also getting from us or relatives:
* pillows for her room (squishable s'more, emoji)
* books
* posters (Gravity Falls, Harry Potter, minion)
* clothes
* craft stuff

FYI, for less expensive AG stuff, go the knock-off route as that fits just fine. Our Generation at Target and there's another line at Wal-Mart. Online at Wal-Mart you can get the Springfield line for even less but usually comes with fewer accessories.

We went one year and got newborn nursery doll.Not sure if those are around anymore but they have really cute dolls .They have one called a babble baby that will talk back to you in baby talk .You can just buy the dolls online but it's funnier if you find one still around and can adopt your own .They are kind of cute and something they might for a long time .

http://www.madamealexander.com/baby-dolls/lee-middleton-dolls-newborn-nursery.html

For my 9 year old niece's birthday this year, I bought her a Pop Star Show Stage Lego set and I was planning to get her the Tour Bus set for Christmas.

Thanks for all the replies! You guys are awesome.

My dd is into AG but she received a lot of AG stuff for her birthday a few weeks ago so the only AG thing I bought for Christmas is the purple bed that was on a package deal. I found a Canon point and shoot camera refurbished on canon.com this weekend so I bought that as her major present. It was only $40. We also bought her a kindle. I'm still working on the other stuff but I'm reading all the suggestions. Thanks again.

. I found a Canon point and shoot camera refurbished on canon.com this weekend so I bought that as her major present. It was only $40. .

My DD adores her Canon camera point and shoot. We picked up an older model unused and still in the box in came in on ebay for around that same price about a year or so ago. Before that, she had my old one which was the same model, but it met with an unfortunate accident. I have a much newer model Cannon and I swear that old one sometimes takes better pictures than mine does. I think that camera will probably be a big hit!

Mine is getting a kindle form my mom, infinity 3.0 and a few other thigns from my mother in law, two disney Attractionistas dolls from us (trip was in nov) and from Santa???????? No clue! She's 8.5. I am thinking a bow and arrow set there are makers on etsy that make them out of pvc for 30-80 plus arrows. She loves harry potter I might get a few things for her room or the new illustrated book.

I have no clue for my four year old son this year either! I don't want a ton of junk...

Mine had a very simple list for me: 1) something Tweety, 2) something Snoopy, 3) something "Turtle", 4) Magic Pens, and 5) some kind of craft. Nothing in particular, just those categories. She later added that she wanted the Project MC2 lab. I got her Beados, a giant Snoopy Pez dispenser, Little Live Pets turtles, Magic pens and coloring books, jigsaw puzzles, Shopkins, and the Project MC2 lab. I also got her a crayon carver, stuffed animal, Barbie sisters, and shrinky dinks jewelry. I haven't found anything "Tweety" that seems just right. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

My almost 10 yo DN is asking for ice skates (which is probably what she'll get) a PS4 (the only game she plays is Minecraft) and Mine con tickets (she has no idea where or when it is! lol) Barbie clothes and a Tsum Tsum. She does know the Mine con is probably not going to happen and when pressed the main thing is the ice skates. I gave her skating lessons last Christmas and she enjoys it and has stuck with the lessons, DB pays for them now! I got her a medium sized Duffy Tsum.

While the holidays this year are being dominated by trip related gifts, my older one turned 9 over the summer. Her gifts were a Disney Dooney wristlet, a Lego set, and a shopping spree at Justice. She also got a few "un-birthday" gifts on her sister's bday...Maleficent for Disney Infinity, a book, and a couple mini Lego sets.

My girl is several years younger but I know a few girls in that age range and they will not stop talking about a thing called Shopkins. I mean, it's like Minecraft. (INot *actually* anything like Minecraft, but like it in that the-children-are-obsessed way.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter