What are we drinking tonight?

Well I had some dulce de leche liquor and a watermelon/cherry martini earlier (i was using the end of some bottles)... but then we went to the store so I have a bottle of Pama and have been sucking down Pomegranite martinis. It's one of my best "recipes" :)

I see you're in So Cal My MiL is in Van Nuys and We have close friends in El Segundo. Might have to visit you next time I'm out, seeing as you're such a wine conasuer (I'm sure I didn't spell that right!)

I am spitting distance to Van Nuys and I used to live in Marina del Rey, which is near El Segundo. Whoooo!

Throw in HD TV and NetFlex and I can be had:hyper:

Yeah, I'm so sorry. Three HDTVs, the living room one is just over 60". But no NetFlix.

I am spitting distance to Van Nuys and I used to live in Marina del Rey, which is near El Segundo. Whoooo!

Yeah, I'm so sorry. Three HDTVs, the living room one is just over 60". But no NetFlix.

Oh! Such a sacrafice !!!! Cantw8 when are we going out to drink HandbagLadys wine...... I mean VISIT HandbagLady !?!?! I'll be out there in March for MiL's 70th BDay. ;) And where do you live Cantw8 ?

All y'all are making me wish I liked wine. I have tried it and beer over and over and I am just not a fan. :(

Well then try a Bloody Mary !

It's past bedtime on the east coast. Good night fellow drinkers !

LOL I have sipped my husby's but I just can't drink ketchup. I do like my vodka and rum... my preference is a cosmo or pom martini or peach martini. Or appletini.

Night!! BTW I lived in Marietta for 2 year... in the section that is basically Smyrna. Just a bit off Windy Hill :)... I hope to visit it again someday!

All y'all are making me wish I liked wine. I have tried it and beer over and over and I am just not a fan. :(

You know, it is okay. Really. I didn't like wine until I was like 33. Beer, I've always liked. I only recently started really liking scotch.

Oh! Such a sacrafice !!!! Cantw8 when are we going out to drink HandbagLadys wine...... I mean VISIT HandbagLady !?!?! I'll be out there in March for MiL's 70th BDay. ;) And where do you live Cantw8 ?

Yes, VISIT. I might even show you the wine. :goodvibes

Handbag Lady said:
You know, it is okay. Really. I didn't like wine until I was like 33. Beer, I've always liked. I only recently started really liking scotch.

Hmmmm I am nearly 33 and still loathe wine. All wine. Sangrias, champagne, can't even drink a mimosa. However... Even tho I don't like beer... I know more about it than most beer drinkers due to my husby.

Seriously... I am like a generic cicerone!!

Hmmmm I am nearly 33 and still loathe wine. All wine. Sangrias, champagne, can't even drink a mimosa. However... Even tho I don't like beer... I know more about it than most beer drinkers due to my husby.

I think this is what makes life great, though. I LOVE martinis, but not the girlie fruity kind. I prefer gin to vodka and I have friends who claim a martin can only be made with vodka. :wave2:

Noooo an original martini is gin but nowadays a lot of the specialty martinis arevodka! I am not a gin fan but I *do* scoff at "martinis" with only rum in them.

Oddly enough... I am not.a big fan of chocolate martinis. It is a RARE occasion I would order one... and my husby would probably have to finish.

I like lemon (extra sour), pom, or sometimes cosmo. Or peachy! But not super sweet...

I LOVE lemon martinis!

The best martini I've had so far is at DCA in the Carthay Circle lobby bar.

Handbag Lady said:
I LOVE lemon martinis!

The best martini I've had so far is at DCA in the Carthay Circle lobby bar.

Was it gin???

If not, I am interested... I love good (vodka) martinis! So by fruity girly you mean sweet. I don't do super sweet :)

I like the lemon martinis at bonefish... One of the best I've found. Don't usually find good martinis at Disney on land... I feel like a freak/alcoholic when I order some basic martini not on their specialty menu. DCL.., they know some good tricks tho

I have to be careful with lemon tho :(. I think I have a slight citrus issue bcz I get sores... awhile back it caused a canker sore IN MY THROAT! Ugh... Only me.

I have to be careful with lemon tho :(. I think I have a slight citrus issue bcz I get sores... awhile back it caused a canker sore IN MY THROAT! Ugh... Only me.

Oh, crikey! That sounds painful.

Mizner's at the Grand Floridian had some great martinis the last time we were in FL.

At Carthay Circle, they do them gin or vodka.

Oh, crikey! That sounds painful.

Mizner's at the Grand Floridian had some great martinis the last time we were in FL.

At Carthay Circle, they do them gin or vodka.

It was awful... they (and I) thought it might be strep but I was neg for that thank goodness. The only thing they could give me for it was "magic mouthwash" (it numbs a bit) and time.

But anyways! I've been to Mizner's... they are pretty good.

I used to be like you, then I discovered my "taste" for wine and can't get enough. I started with very sweet wines like Zinfandels and reislings. Once I liked those I was able to appreciate Merlot and pinots. Now I can drink any wine except those made with muscadine grapes. Still hate those.

I did the same with beer, though I'm still quite selective with which beers I will drink.

I am sad though because I'm avoiding alcohol at this time. I've gained 8 lbs since Oct and I think at least 6 are from the bottle :rolleyes2. Gotta get ready for my cruise in March!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!