What are the chances of this

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by tinkerbellandeeyor, Mar 27, 2012.

1. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

I am very concerned about DH and I being put in a exit row what are my chances are that some one would trade with us considering we are disabled and would not be able to lift the door

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. a pirate's mama

a pirate's mama Earning My Ears

I am pretty sure guests with disabilities are not allowed to sit in the exit row because they cannot perform the duties required.

The plane wouldn't be able to leave if you were in an exit row.

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

100%. The flight attendants will not allow you to sit in an exit row.

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

All you have to do is say you can't do it and the flight attendant will reseat you. People love the exit row for the extra room, there will be no problem finding someone.

6. StanH

StanH Are my ears growing yet?

Exit row seating is highly desirable by many travelers due to the leg room. Depending on your airline, those seats will be long gone, taken by high volume customers....Plus what the previous people wrote! Relax, don't worry, and have a great time!

7. Mary976

Mary976 DIS Veteran

Families with young kids can't sit in the exit row either. One time when DD was young we got seated there...they had to ask these two guys to switch with us. I thanked the guys as we were moving, and they were actually super excited and thanking me because they were getting extra leg room. It was actually pretty funny.

So agreeing with PP, no worries whatsoever.

Mary

8. Que_Sarah_Sarah

Que_Sarah_Sarah Whatever is Sarah will be.

I would totally trade with you! Love the leg room, lol.

9. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

It's not about the chance, you will be moved. I think it'd be an awfully slim chance that you'd ever end up having to sit in an exit row anyways, but even if something weird happened, the flight attendants will ask if you can do whatever needs to be done. Once you tell them no, they'll find ppl. that will switch with you.

10. darrengs

darrengs DIS Veteran

As others have stated you can stop worrying about that even being a possibility. Airlines sell exit rows at an extra cost now and unless you pay for it you won't be seated there. And even if you were seated there FAA rules would not let you stay there if you felt you couldn't handle the task of opening the door, picking it up and placing it on the seat in front of you.

11. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

Thank God for that because my flight would not be a good one if I had to worry about the safety of others not that I am a selfish person

12. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

On U.S. flights, you also must be able to understand directions in English to be allowed to sit in an exit row. I was on a US Airways flight earlier this month where a passenger who spoke only Spanish was ordered out of the exit row.