What are some of your favorite 3-5 day cruises?

tamis

Mouseketeer
My husband and I would like to plan a short cruise for our 15 year anniversary next year. Other than Disney (whom we :lovestruc), what are some of the best 3-5 day cruises you've been on. We'll be sailing on the Disney Dream later this year so I'll get some first-hand knowledge of that ship, but I'd like to compare it to other good choices that sail out of the U.S? This will be our first vacation without kids, so I'm hoping to plan something special. Room quality and comfort are big draws for us as well as adult-only areas, pool layouts, and yummy food.

Oh..and I should add, please don't make this a debate about one line vs. another. We've cruised Disney, Princess and Carnival in the past and have many wonderful things to say about each line, but we've only ever cruised Disney for a shorter sailing. I'd just love to hear some honest & happy feedback about some of the other ships offering 3-5 day itineraries and the pro's of those ships. Thank you, Thankyou!!

We liked the RCCL's 3 night cruise out of Port Canaveral so much last year that we're doing it again in September. Their private island is very nice and comparable in our opinion to Castaway Cay. You do have to tender into Coco Cay, but it was not hard to do.

One special thing I liked was the "dining on your own" or whatever they call it. We had a table for two, dined when we wanted, and got to know our waitstaff as well as on Disney. They do make you pay your tips up front when you book that.

The Monarch of the Seas does have small cabins, but not as bad as some would make it seem. We did inside and are doing it again. It's very inexpensive and we had a great time.

I don't know what level of loyalty we are but when we pulled into Nassau, we were in the crown lounge having drinks and a nice spread of appetizers. That was fun.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I did a five day out of Fort Lauderdale on RCCL that I really liked. We went to Belize, Cozumel and had maybe two sea days? (I may have forgotten a port) Both ports were fun and the length was great. Belize was a tender, but not bad and I found a local company that basically took me on a private snorkel tour (Boat driver, guide, myself and other couple. My roommate did a caving advneture.. she enjoyed her's I LOVED mine!)

The benefit of the Fort Lauderdale, Miami ports is that you can get farther south then out of the N and Central Florida areas.

We liked the RCCL's 3 night cruise out of Port Canaveral so much last year that we're doing it again in September. Their private island is very nice and comparable in our opinion to Castaway Cay. You do have to tender into Coco Cay, but it was not hard to do.

One special thing I liked was the "dining on your own" or whatever they call it. We had a table for two, dined when we wanted, and got to know our waitstaff as well as on Disney. They do make you pay your tips up front when you book that.

The Monarch of the Seas does have small cabins, but not as bad as some would make it seem. We did inside and are doing it again. It's very inexpensive and we had a great time.

I don't know what level of loyalty we are but when we pulled into Nassau, we were in the crown lounge having drinks and a nice spread of appetizers. That was fun.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for your reply. I was a little nervous about the size of the cabins and the overall age of the ship, but you have eased my mind. I really appreciate your input.

I did a five day out of Fort Lauderdale on RCCL that I really liked. We went to Belize, Cozumel and had maybe two sea days? (I may have forgotten a port) Both ports were fun and the length was great. Belize was a tender, but not bad and I found a local company that basically took me on a private snorkel tour (Boat driver, guide, myself and other couple. My roommate did a caving adventure. she enjoyed her's I LOVED mine!)

The benefit of the Fort Lauderdale, Miami ports is that you can get farther south then out of the N and Central Florida areas.

Did you sail on the Liberty or the Navigator of the Seas? I haven't researched either of these ships yet, but would love to have any additional feedback about the ship itself. What were some of the things you loved (or didn't love :goodvibes) about the ship?

I've heard the cave tubing is quite an exciting adventure. My dad was thinking of doing that on his cruise last week.

Sailed on Navigator. Really liked the ship. Our first night dinner service was lacking but a word to the head waiter fixed that. Room was nice. I really enjoyed the atrium for drinks and people watching

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter