What are resale GCV selling for?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by utahkennedys, Feb 7, 2013.

1. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

We own 2 50-point contracts and I am curious as I almost never see anything for sale on the resale sites?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

4. sechelt

sechelt Mouseketeer

Spoke to my guide and the waiting list is huge for our use year, April. The group at the top of the list went on there two years ago.

Direct prices are currently $135.

5. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

Thanks, that is why I was thinking small contracts may go for more on resale than the 90's...no point to sell now then. I prefer WDW and OKW so could get more points there for less $, but since we live on the west coast now it makes sense to hold them.

6. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

FWIW, the rental market for VGC points is very good. You should easily be able to get $13 per point and more for reservations made within the home resort priority booking period.

It's a bit of work, but I know some who rent VGC and then rent something at WDW. They say they always come out ahead. (Personally, it wouldn't be worth it to me, but it's an alternative to using expensive points at OKW).

7. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

I'm in ROFR for a 125 point contract there at $90/point.

According to Sharon at Fidelity, they recently (in Jan) had one pass at $89 for a contract in the 200 range.

The ones I've seen recently are priced between $90 and $105 and tend to go pretty quickly, although Fidelity does still have a few listed. But with their IT system they could already be sold, because the only update the site twice a week.

8. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone! DH says to just hold them now and possibly rent them the years we don't go to DL :)

9. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Good plan. You will do fine you can go thru a broker and minimize the hassle for a couple of bucks.

10. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

I think this is a good idea. This isn't an offer, just a general statement, but I know that I would pay $13-14 a point to get VGC at the 11 month window. I'm sure others would as well.

11. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Next time I will rent my points to someone who needs the 11 month window and then rent OKW myself! :thumbsup2