What are our chances of getting BLT 2 bedroom standard?

RooRach0906

"Oh Goody, Horray!"
We are already looking ahead for next year in September around the 13 - 20 (2016) maybe a day later on one or both dates. We would have to book at 7 months out for BLT, what are our chances of getting a Standard view 2 bedroom view??? (We are just wondering because it would be nice to save the points but we will be able to stay there points wise even if we have to do lake view).

Any tips or advice to for better chances!

Thanks in advance!

I looked at booking BLT 2bds at the 7 mo mark for the end of January (I'm an owner of BLT but decided "last minute" to go to DW bc of cheap airfares). There were no std studios or 2bds except for 1-2 days here or there at the 7mo mark.

The lake view isn't that much more....and you are guaranteed not to be stuck on the ground floor if you go that route!

Have fun!

I would say that if your dates coincide at all with the food and wine festival start dates or include at MNSSHP day then your chances are very slim. I would plan on lakeview and be pleasantly surprised if standard is available at all. Once MNSSHP starts in September it is hard for owners to get standard view rooms so they will be unlikely at 7 months.

BLT standard can be difficult to get most of the year at 7 months out and that includes 2BRs. Despite that Sep until the end of the month is one of DVC's lower demand times of the year, BLT standard 2BRs, both dedicated and lock-offs, were missing 4 to 7 nights per week in Sep at 7 month out in 2013, 2014 and 2015. In all three years, lake view was open for the week you want.

Ok thank you everyone! We do have enough points for a lake view and if that is what we have to book to get bay lake we will. I just wanted to know my chances of saving a few points. We are taking a family with us who has never been to Disney and really likes that Bay Lake is so close to Magic Kingdom.

BLT owner here, and have always had to book at the 11 month window to get standard rooms. Getting a 1 bedroom is sometimes a little easier. I did manage a 1 bedroom standard just recently by waitlisting for it at the 7 month window, but it may have been because poly had just opened and many members were moving their reservations around. I agree to hope for a lakeview and still try for a standard. You could even waitlist for a standard, as long as you are not borrowing points to do it. You never know. Keep in mind while you save points with a standard, the views and locations go with the price. I've stayed in a standard 5 times and they have been almost all on the ground floor and I've always requested an upper floor. (they supposedly go to the 5th on one side and 3rd on the other). Heading there again next month and am hoping for a parking lot view, 2nd floor........LOL

I looked at booking BLT 2bds at the 7 mo mark for the end of January (I'm an owner of BLT but decided "last minute" to go to DW bc of cheap airfares). There were no std studios or 2bds except for 1-2 days here or there at the 7mo mark.

The lake view isn't that much more....and you are guaranteed not to be stuck on the ground floor if you go that route!

Gotta say we love the ground floor, but thats us.

Have fun!

BLT owner here, and have always had to book at the 11 month window to get standard rooms. Getting a 1 bedroom is sometimes a little easier. I did manage a 1 bedroom standard just recently by waitlisting for it at the 7 month window, but it may have been because poly had just opened and many members were moving their reservations around. I agree to hope for a lakeview and still try for a standard. You could even waitlist for a standard, as long as you are not borrowing points to do it. You never know. Keep in mind while you save points with a standard, the views and locations go with the price. I've stayed in a standard 5 times and they have been almost all on the ground floor and I've always requested an upper floor. (they supposedly go to the 5th on one side and 3rd on the other). Heading there again next month and am hoping for a parking lot view, 2nd floor........LOL

We booked at the 7 month mark for our march 2015 trip and had lots of selection for standard. We ended up with 4 days at BLT then split to 4 at BC.
Never say never. and this was at March break.

I actually got a 2 bedroom standard VERY easily AFTER the 7 month window for that same week in September this year. I was shocked to see it there for 5 nights. I only booked 4 and last I checked that last night was still available.Between that and getting a Poly SV studio less than 7 months out I feel like I am having ALL the luck with my DVC reservations.

Definitely budget for a Lake View and cross your fingers you can find a standard. We can't always get a standard in Sept for ourselves and we're owners so can book at 11 mos.

Not ideal but you may be able to book a split stay as another option too if you can fund 3-4 nights at one go at BLT Std.

We are already looking ahead for next year in September around the 13 - 20 (2016) maybe a day later on one or both dates. We would have to book at 7 months out for BLT, what are our chances of getting a Standard view 2 bedroom view??? (We are just wondering because it would be nice to save the points but we will be able to stay there points wise even if we have to do lake view).

Any tips or advice to for better chances!

Thanks in advance!
If you play the wait list well and look a full 7 months out I think your chances of ultimate success are fairly high. If you're not up to the risk or uncertainty, book the LV and wait list the entire standard view. If you have enough points, book the LV AND any days available on the standard view wait listing the rest one or 2 days at a time. Then stalk the website for any days that may come available but haven't matched your WL.

We have booked Lakeview many times at 7 months but never have we seen standard view available. We consider standard view essentially just for owners and lake view for 7 months. Sometimes you might get really lucky but as often as not it will be unavailable.

I actually got a 2 bedroom standard VERY easily AFTER the 7 month window for that same week in September this year. I was shocked to see it there for 5 nights. I only booked 4 and last I checked that last night was still available.Between that and getting a Poly SV studio less than 7 months out I feel like I am having ALL the luck with my DVC reservations.

While I too was successful in getting a 1 bedroom standard at less than 6 months this year, for the first week of August, keep in mind that this year was a little different because of the opening of the poly. When the booking started for Poly there were people moving reservations all over the place and a huge rippling effect going on. It provided alot of pixie dust this year for some last minute bookings at hard to get places. It was like the perfect storm. I know I got a "gift" this year to be able to book a 1 bedroom standard at BLT under the 7 month mark. I'm a BLT owner and have had trouble at the 11 month window getting a standard room and I never travel during holidays, generally early May and late October (but October I use my BWV 11 month window for standard there).

While I too was successful in getting a 1 bedroom standard at less than 6 months this year, for the first week of August, keep in mind that this year was a little different because of the opening of the poly. When the booking started for Poly there were people moving reservations all over the place and a huge rippling effect going on. It provided alot of pixie dust this year for some last minute bookings at hard to get places. It was like the perfect storm. I know I got a "gift" this year to be able to book a 1 bedroom standard at BLT under the 7 month mark. I'm a BLT owner and have had trouble at the 11 month window getting a standard room and I never travel during holidays, generally early May and late October (but October I use my BWV 11 month window for standard there).

Yeah it's pretty awesome that I was able to get the reservations I got. I wonder why so many folks switched to Poly? I mean I know it's the newest but to me BLT has more appeal ( different types of rooms, walk to MK, easy access to TOW)

I guess I will be able to understand ( or not) after my January trip

The chances of getting a specific difficult type of reservation goes up dramatically if one takes any single days available, wait lists single days, stalks the availability and adjusts the wait list accordingly as one snags additional days. With this method it'd not only possible, but likely, to get even the most difficult of options including AKV concierge, value and VGF.

Yeah it's pretty awesome that I was able to get the reservations I got. I wonder why so many folks switched to Poly? I mean I know it's the newest but to me BLT has more appeal ( different types of rooms, walk to MK, easy access to TOW)

I think it is because it's new and when people see it available they figure they'll try it because they don't know if it will ever be available again. :) Also, at this time, it's the one resort with every day available as the 7 month mark moves forward. If people have or want to change plans it may be the only option that works and is completely available.

I'm a BLT owner and think poly is a better deal for studios. Similar or less points and much bigger studios at the poly. Obviously for 1bds or bigger I'll be doing BLT...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter