What are my chances re: T-Rex Cafe?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by scoutshonor, Oct 17, 2013.

1. scoutshonor

scoutshonor Earning My Ears

I currently have a 3pm ADr for T-Rex Cafe on Thurs 10/31. However, I'm not sure I want to rush out of AK too quickly for it and would like to go later in the evening. Online, there are no dinner reservations available, so I'm wondering they keep some space for walk-ins. I've never done ADRs on a trip before, so this is all new to me.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shortnsassy730

shortnsassy730 Mouseketeer

Hi! Call TRex directly. They only provide a handful of their open reservations to Disney. I'm sure they will have something better for you!

4. TinkerbellinNY6

TinkerbellinNY6 Mouseketeer

I have found that calling t-Rex directly I get better reservations. I look the phone number up online and then call. They have always had reservations for when I wanted. I was told they only release so many reservation times to Disney since it is not technically owned by Disney. So I would give the restaurant a call. :goodvibes

5. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Yeah just give the restaurant a call. They will most likely be able to accommodate you.

6. panixx

panixx Dis Dad Member #642

Yeah I had tried for weeks to find an open reservation for dinner in December but was always told no times were available (Disney's website), but when I called the restaurant, I had no problem securing the time and date I wanted.

7. scoutshonor

scoutshonor Earning My Ears

Awesome, I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

8. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

We did something similar. We had a lunch reservation but at the last minute decided we wanted to stay at whatever park we were at. I called them that morning and they said that they weren't taking reservations on the day of :( . The person answering the phone assured me that they do take walk-ins and that I should have no problems. When we got there we went to the hostess area and were told there was a little wait. 15 minutes later we were seated.

9. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

(407) 828-8739

10. DaisyNY

DaisyNY DIS Veteran

We walked up four days before Christmas with no ressies (one of the busiest times) and were seated immediately (family of five)...Good luck!

11. SandyinMonterey

SandyinMonterey DIS Veteran

We have an April 2014 (Easter Break) vacation planned. My 180 day out for making reservations opened a couple of days ago. Will be there for 10 days. I could only get T-Rex reservation for two nights, both at 8 p.m. Nothing else was available. Took one, husband wants to try it. Good Luck!

12. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

Definitely just call direct and make the reservation. I had been trying and trying to get this one with no luck for any time anywhere near lunch on the day we wanted in August. I called and they had openings at 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, etc.--basically any time I wanted. The Disney online showed absolutely no lunch times at all. And they still take the dining plan, even if booked direct.

13. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

If you call them direct you should have your choice of times. They only release about 20% of their tables to Disney's reservation line.

Call them at (407) 828-8739

14. rimomma66

rimomma66 Mouseketeer

Do you have to wait for the 180 mark to call directly?
    Thanks!

15. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

We are Landry's members (the old RFC Safari Club). I don't even bother with ADRs at T-Rex anymore since that card works to jump the line and go straight to seating.

HTH!