What are my chances at CRT??

LekiaHall

Mouseketeer
Don't know why I'm so slow on the uptake. Didn't even realize there was a princess CM in MK until a couple of months ago. :headache:

Now trying to get a ressie for my daughter's birthday (Dec 20).

What is the likelihood that something will open up? I know you have to prepay so it would seem like it's less likely that folks will cancel. Or have spots been known to open up?

Give me some hope please (or if necessary a harsh dose of reality)!

You dont have to pre-pay if you link the ADR to your dining plan, just have to give a CC for guarantee if you dont show up. Only have to pre-pay if you dont link to a dining plan.

With that said, openings come up everyday. You still have over a month until when you are trying to get the ADR. Keep trying...multiple times a day. I cant promise anything will open up, but there is definately a possibility.

Have a magical trip, we will be there during that same time. :santa:

If she likes Winnie the Pooh, you could make a Crystal Palace reservation now as a back up, and cancel it if you get Cinderella's Royal Table.

I've done CRT once, about 4 years ago with my in-laws and then 2 year old niece. We had a lot of fun. Eating in the castle and a day at the beach were the only things my in-laws said we had to do. The rest of the trip was entirely up to me. I had to re-plan the whole trip because there was only one day I could get into CRT, but it was worth it.

Good luck.

Don't give up hope! There's always a chance. Keep checking (constantly... many times a day!) right up to the date you're looking for. In the mean time, grab another character meal to celebrate so you have another option at the ready.

CP is a great suggestion, but if princesses are key and you're not wed to eating in MK...

You could look for:

1900 Park Fare dinner for Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner with Cindy's whole family (step-mom, step-sisters, Prince and Cindy).

Or Akershus at Epcot for B,L or D with Belle and other assorted princesses. (Akershus is one of our favorites. We'll be enjoying breakfast there on Sunday!)

Wishing you luck and sending you pixie dust. pixiedust: Happy early 4th birthday to your DD! :bday:

Oh... almost forgot! Check out my "avatar" photo. That's my kids in the photo with Belle that you get included with your meal at Akershus. :)

There's a CRT available right now on 12/16 at 5:25pm for a party of 4. You could take your girls and let your dh and ds do something for fun for the guys :). I'd grab that if you can and then keep trying for something to open up on the 20th.

There is totally a chance. It's not always easy or at the time you may want but I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted (all character meals) and I only started looking about a month ago. Our CRT is at 8:25pm but we're going to make it work with late naps and a slow morning the next day.

My only piece of advice would be to look at odd hours of the morning if you're up. I was up at 2 or 3 a lot of mornings and that was when I had the best luck.

There's also a lunch available for a party of 6 on 12/21 at 2:30pm... so there's availability, but you have to grab it fast because someone will. Check several times a day, something is likely to open up for the day/time that you want, but I'd book one of these others as a back up plan just in case.

Oh, and I just noticed that our first and our next WDW trips are for the same dates. Way cool. :cool2: Our 2010 trip wasn't that far apart either!

Fortunately, I forced my boys to eat at CRT during our first visit when they were 5 & 7. I don't think I could drag them in there now.:rotfl:

There's a CRT available right now on 12/16 at 5:25pm for a party of 4. You could take your girls and let your dh and ds do something for fun for the guys :). I'd grab that if you can and then keep trying for something to open up on the 20th.

That figures. Been checking CRT all day at work and something opens up once I leave for the day. And, of course, it's no longer available. :sad2: Well, it at least gives me hope that all is not lost!

There's also a lunch available for a party of 6 on 12/21 at 2:30pm... so there's availability, but you have to grab it fast because someone will. Check several times a day, something is likely to open up for the day/time that you want, but I'd book one of these others as a back up plan just in case.

I saw that one. Sadly, we're leaving on 12/21 so I couldn't make that time work. I wish though; it would've been at a perfect time.

Oh and how funny that our dates do match quite a bit!! Great minds think alike! :goodvibes I'm sure you saw me running around hectic at least once!

Thanks for the great feedback. Looks like the key is to just keep trying and grab what I can! I initially wanted the reservation on her birthday and have a cake brought out, but at this point, I'll take what I can get!

Wow. What a difference some Disney magic makes!!!

Since I posted this thread:

-I managed to coordinate a reservation from the Dec thread. Got 4 spots.

-Still needed 2, I just called Disney with a casual question about my daughter's BBB appt and joked about 2 people not coming to CRT. She checked....she had two spots available!! :faint: Nothing was showing online, I'm thinking they have a system that shows things sooner, maybe? Who knows? Who cares? I got my CRT ressie!

Thanks for the pixie luck. My daughter is going to be so happy on her birthday!! :cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter