What an experience at Build A Bear!

always quiet

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hyd
The new Build a Bear in our local mall just opened this morning. My DD, who had a birthday last week, received a $5 off coupon in thier birthday card which would expire tomorrow. I take all 3 kids to the mall. There were people there, not really crowded though. I think it's safe to say they have a few kinks in their store still! :rolleyes: First, one of the 2 stuffing stations broke. We all had to wait for the same stuffer. Finally, our turn is next and they open the other station. My youngest DD goes over to the new person and the girl who was stuffing alone gets a replacement so she can go on break. I think my 2nd DD was this guy's first customer! The bear is all stuffed, all he has to do is tie it up. He pulls the strings too fast and gets a knot. He thinks it's just caught, so he pulls it REAL hard....and breaks the string!! :eek: After he tries for about 15 minutes to remove the string (he now needs to restitich the bear by hand!), he can not get the tangeled mess to budge! He calls a supervisor over and they "rush" my DD's bear over to surgery! Finally, a half hour later, the bear and my DD return to the rest of us...she was assured the bear would make a complete recovery! :p Over an hour after we entered the store, we were finally able to leave!!

I guess I should be glad it didn't happen to a little customer....having a bear you just brought to "life" rushed to surgery could be quite tramatic! :rolleyes:

Was this Cherry Hill Mall? THey are putting one in there, right next to the Disney Store...

I know that one is opening soon, it did say July or August the last time I was there...

I know how crazy Build a Bear can be!!! We had DD's 5th birthday party at one, 24 kids!!!! Imagine trying to get 24 kids to choose a bear, get it stuffed, and then pick out clothes!!! We were there for almost 2 hours!!! Then we took everyone out to dinner at Rainforest Cafe, the kids LOVED that!!!!

No, it is next to the Oxford Valley Mall....also located next to the Disney Store! :bounce: I had to meet my husband for lunch at noon....didn't have time to go check out the Disney Store! :(

my 11 year old loves the build a bear at roosevelt field. she's bought several animals there and never had a problem.

here on Long Ilsand there's a company similar to build a bear that will copme to your party to do the animals.

Eeek, appearently this store just didn't have it all together yet. Normally I love going to build a bear though. They have the cutest, softest, sweetest bears and so many adoreable clothes and accessories for them. I'm planning on taking my neice to the one in the Opry Mills mall in Nashville soon. I know she'll have a great time.

Waaaaaaaah I wanna go to Build a Bear. I guess there's one at the Florida Mall in Orlando but I haven't been in ages. The only reason I go over that way is to go to WDW. :rolleyes: :p

I love those boxes that you get when you build on, the ones that say "I'm going home!".

My cousin is in love with American Idol. Her girl scout troop went on a trip there and she wound up getting sick. Some of her friends chipped in and made her a brown bear, complete with voicechip. A bunch of girls screamed "Ruben, YOURE my teddy bear!" into it. Guess we all know which Idol she was rooting for ;)

I've always wanted to go into the Build a Bear in the mall near us, but just never did..

When I graduated this year, my cross country and track coach said he wanted to do something special and out of the ordinary for me.. So he brought his daughter to the store and made me a bear! He called me the Queen of the team, so my bear was named Queen Laura.. complete with a tiara, septer(sp), and pink Skecher running sneakers! He recorded all the sayings he's used over the years - "Get the led out," "Drop the linen, start grinnin'.." I love it! Queen Laura is coming to college with me next month, no doubt LOL.

Hope they get things worked out! Build-A-Bear is pretty cool. I resisted taking dd's there for a long time. (I knew it was going to cost me money, once we started;) )But I get caught up in it too and find myself changing the outfits on the bears/dogs the girls have gotten. Grandma has taken each of them there for their b'day, and Santa and Easter Bunny have brought B-a-B Bucks, so it hasn't cost me tooooo much.:p Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter