what about dining plan if you stay in 2007 AND 2008 ?

nadp28

Earning My Ears
We'll be in Disney from Dec 28 to Jan. 4th . We bought the trip and the dining plan in May. With the new DP rules in 2008, no appetizer et no tips included for the last 3 days of our trip ? or they will honour the 2007 rules for those who bought the plan before they changed the rules ????

Thanks !

NP

They will honor the 2007 Dining Plan, as long as you have a single continuing reservation.

I have read that in 2008 they are changing the way reservations work. Now if you come in say value season and it overlaps with regular the whole reservation is at the value season price. In 2008 it will not be that way. Your prices will reflect different prices for the different seasons. I would assume that since the reservation begins in 2007 you may have the whole time at the 2007 rates/included items. You can call to make sure though. I would. Have a great time visiting during the holidays. If you have never been to Disney while decorated, you will be wonderfully surprised!!

I sent Disney an email asking this very question. In my situation, we are arriving in late Dec. and departing in early Jan. We are staying at SSR (renting DVC points) and our reservation is actually split into 2 confirmation numbers (1 from end of Dec. to early Jan. and the other in Jan.) due to the DVC owners point requirements. I explained all of this in my email and this is the exact response I got:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

While we appreciate your interest, please know that since your dining
would start on the 2007 dining plan it will not vary."

I sent Disney an email asking this very question. In my situation, we are arriving in late Dec. and departing in early Jan. We are staying at SSR (renting DVC points) and our reservation is actually split into 2 confirmation numbers (1 from end of Dec. to early Jan. and the other in Jan.) due to the DVC owners point requirements. I explained all of this in my email and this is the exact response I got:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

While we appreciate your interest, please know that since your dining
would start on the 2007 dining plan it will not vary."

I would print that response out and have it with me just in case. Have a great trip!

I would print that response out and have it with me just in case. Have a great trip!
I second, third, fourth, and super-endorse this suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, reasonably, the poster in question did PAY $38.99 per adult for her/his Dining Plan, even with the split reservations, disneyfan55 is right - bring backup! bring backup! bring backup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter