What 2 do in Nassau w/2.5 yr old twins?

candlemakerw/twins

Tower of Terror - 14 times in one day - now that's
Any advice on what to do in Nassau w/2.5 yr old twins? We are not really beach people and we leave in 2 days!!!!! Disney Wonder May 4th!
:yay:

Stay on the ship and enjoy the pools while they are less crowded (if they are potty trained) or just use the time to enjoy the ship...you are not missing anything by not going into Nassau!

ditto.....your kids will not miss Nassau. Enjoy the ship and resting time...you will need it! IMO Nassau is not worth exiting the ship.

On our trip this past February, we rented a room at the Atlantis so that we could use the pools. We have a five year old DD and twin boys who were 15 months at the time of the cruise. At the Atlantis you can take them inside through the aquarium, and there is a ton to see outside as well. There is beach area inside the resort with water from the ocean, but it is shallow with no waves. There is also a huge kids pool behind the big Myan temple slide that we discovered about half-way through the day. Once the boys found that, we were there for the duration.

The room also gave them a place to nap for a bit.

If that all sounds like too much, I would stay on the ship. But keep in mind if your twins are not potty trained, then they have to stay in the one ear of the Mickey Pool that has little fountains (cannot use the pools), which might get old for the entire day.

Have a great cruise and don't hesitate to use Flounders to watch the kids. They are fantastic and will allow you to have a little alone time, which is nice.

If you do a search on these boards, you'll find a resort in Nassau that welcomes cruise guests to use its pools....I'll hunt around and try to find it, too.

Another MOT here - I vote for staying on the ship and enjoying all it has to offer. :wizard:

As soon as my DD3 stepped out of the ship she started to complain that it was too hot, she was tired and did not want to walk. We walked the Hard Rock Cafe and went back. It was muggy and I wasn't too impressed. My family w/older kids (7+) went to Atlantis and loved it. We enjoyed the ship: pool, lunch, and the characters meet hassle-free. Next time I am not even attempting to step outside.

Thank you! Thank you! Great advice. I will check with the hubby tonight and see what he thinks. I am just feeling like I didn't want to "miss out" on anything but maybe staying on the ship will be better for the girls after all.

Less than 48 hours to boarding!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter