Whale Rider

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
I don't know who put it out, I don't know even when it was released...but if Disney put out just one movie every 5 years with the heart and the soul that the movie "Whale Rider" has, they would be back in my heart as the best of the best.

I picked this movie up today on DVD, and I have to say, it's one of the best I have ever seen in my life...and I'm a movie junkie...

Sorry this isn't Disney news, I just wanted you all to know it's well worth the 20 bucks or so to buy it.

I just got it and am planning on watching it tomorrow night. Would a 6 & 10 year old like it?

My 7yo son was kind of bored through the beginning then all of a sudden he just sat down and watched it to the end. It's a slow beginning, especially for younger ones, but I would say, especially if you have daughters, it's a must, must, must have/watch... You're 10 y.o. should love it if he/she is into nature or things tribal (we are big on indigenous cultures around here) We had just done a bunch of reading on the Maori before the dvd came out. That may be why it was so touching to me.

It was just such a wonderful, wonderful movie.

And just a heads up, the special features are just as entertaining, at least for me, as the movie itself. I loved the way they showed the making of the canoe...

:):):) I hope you all like it!

Thanks! I have really been looking forward to this, and it sounds like something my 10 yr old DD will love!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter