We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

Yay! The start of your holiday! Ugh, not cool about the fibbing team, and those other parents! Wow, shame.
I'm looking forward to more! We fly out of SL International this Wednesday!!

We do the same thing. Pack lunches and try to find hotels with good breakfasts. Sorry his tourney didn't work out overall, but sad there are cheaters!

It never ceases to amaze me when parents leave their kids somewhere without even checking in to see if it's OK. We would have the same issues some years during our county fair, luckily most years were great kids and parents.

What a great way to start being out of Utah! Booze shop. :rotfl:
Looks like a fun tournament and I'm glad J got loads out of it. Team captain! How cool.

I find that being dumped with kids by their parents with prior consent to be very rude as well. I don't mind babysitting IF asked; but to do it without asking just infuriates me. :hug:

That makes me so sad that teams would cheat regarding the age of their players. Sure, winning is nice, but especially at this kind of change I think it is more important to work as a team and giving their best.

That red rock looks so pretty.

I have to say it is hard for me to imagine going to a grocery store and not being able to buy alcohol.

The pool looks very tempting.

I cannot believe that some parents used you as a babysitting service and did not even ask if this was OK. Rude does not even begin to cover it.

Corinna

How could parents leave their kids without telling somebody? What if something happened????

Those red rocks are beautiful!

Too cool Josh as Captain. I hope he had fun :) I'm sure he did but don't want to assume.

That pizza place sounds so good!

And what do you mean cheating? The ref didn't catch it????????

Yay! The start of your holiday! Ugh, not cool about the fibbing team, and those other parents! Wow, shame.
I'm looking forward to more! We fly out of SL International this Wednesday!!

Yay! Have a magical trip. pixiedust: Where are you in No Utah? We are in Davis County.​

We do the same thing. Pack lunches and try to find hotels with good breakfasts. Sorry his tourney didn't work out overall, but sad there are cheaters!

His tourney went great but yes its always difficult to swallow a loss when you play against cheaters.

Thats what we do. The hotel breakfast worked out well. It was better than continental but not as good as full hot.​

It never ceases to amaze me when parents leave their kids somewhere without even checking in to see if it's OK. We would have the same issues some years during our county fair, luckily most years were great kids and parents.

I know, I know, it's just nuts. The funny thing is they left their kids with the heathen family of the group. :lmao:

What a great way to start being out of Utah! Booze shop. :rotfl:
Looks like a fun tournament and I'm glad J got loads out of it. Team captain! How cool.

I find that being dumped with kids by their parents with prior consent to be very rude as well. I don't mind babysitting IF asked; but to do it without asking just infuriates me. :hug:

He loves being Captain. Its really kind of cool as he's the one that speaks with the ref during any sort of scuttle/call if communication is needed. he enjoys being a leader.

I am with you, had they asked we would have said yes but it's the not making that chaps my hyde/hide.​

How could parents leave their kids without telling somebody? What if something happened????

Those red rocks are beautiful!

Too cool Josh as Captain. I hope he had fun :) I'm sure he did but don't want to assume.

That pizza place sounds so good!

And what do you mean cheating? The ref didn't catch it????????

Fake birth certificates cheating. :crazy2: Its sad and all too common. And unless enough people make a stink, it doesn't get investigated. Its very to lose to a team who does that. Like painfully hard. Our boys handle it with grace though. They are such a good group of kids.

Grimaldi's was soon god and you know we love our pizza. :blush:

He had a blast; he loves the game so much. It be fun for you to see him play.

I have no clue what those parents were thinking. I would never leave my kids at 12/13 in Vegas without making sure someone was tending to them.

Off to get Gabby ready for her senior prom. I will post pics on FB and Instagram and eventually here. Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. :grouphug:

image.jpg

Tested posted pics from my phone. Love this new feature! This was Gabby last night. I will post more in a bit.

Happy Sunday friends. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Great start to the big trip! Too bad the other team cheated but I'm glad the boys played well and had fun. That's crazy the other parents just left their kids. What were they thinking?

I said it on FB but Gabby is absolutely stunning! Watch out California!

Jill in CO

Joshua played their final game at 8 am on Sunday. We went back to the Hampton to pack up and hit the road to So Cal! We had a meeting with a Mouse! :lovestruc

We filled up with gas and were on the road:

Because we got out of Vegas by 10:30 we weren't in a huge hurry. I canceled our Naples PS as we had a lot of pizza already on this trip.

The drive out of Vegas was so slow and there was a ton of traffic. On our way back to Utah, we saw the same traffic headed out of Vegas. I think that's just become the Sunday norm. What use to be reserved for holiday travelers is just par now.

The sign always makes me smile:

And a sight from childhood:

Baker could be the crappiest town ever! :crazy2:

We arrived in Anaheim about 3:30, stopped by Vons Pavilions to grab more beer and food, and then checked into the Embassy Suites South. It's no GCV but it worked. It changed the way we toured but not as much as I expected.

Michael dropped me off in front per usual and check in was easy.

Here's the view when I first walked in:

It was crowded but clean. Because I was using different rate deals throughout the trip, I had to check in and check out twice during the trip. Luckily we were able to keep the same room the whole time.

We had room 301 which was on the third floor, luckily, as the elevators were always packed and sometimes slow. We were near the end of the hall and it was quiet. It wasn't a long walk and you can kind of tell, the hotel is a square. It's like a motel but with inside corridors if that makes sense.
Pic of what my kids called the fake Mufasa:

The room was large with a separate bedroom so Michael and I had our space and the kids used the pullout sofa. The sofa mattress was thin af so we ordered extra blankets and that totally helped.

I took only a few photos of the room because honestly, it wasn't anything to write home about. It was fine for this trip and our rate was incredible so I cannot complain except for the view out the bedroom window:

:sad::sad::sad: Views like this cut to the core of my soul. I am now fully aware of what a hotel snob I am. I kept the drapes in the bedroom closed the entire trip aside from taking the initial room photos. :lmao: It was too much for me to deal with. ;)

Snacks, snacks, booze, and snacks:

Using every inch of that mini fridge:

The fridge was actually really nicely sized and seemed to fit more than the typical mini fridge. :woohoo:

The master bedroom:

The bathroom:

The front desk person comped our parking for the 5 nights which was incredible. pixiedust: That saved us close to $60 so I tipped him $20.

To be continued......

Great start to the big trip! Too bad the other team cheated but I'm glad the boys played well and had fun. That's crazy the other parents just left their kids. What were they thinking?

I said it on FB but Gabby is absolutely stunning! Watch out California!

Jill in CO

Thanks friend. I thought she looked incredible. :lovestruc

Yeah, it's always a bummer when people cheat but the boys played really well.

Hate the view but the room looks nice. Awesome on the parking being comped! The fridge looks nicely stocked. :)

Between the Dis and watching the new baby giraffe webcam, I'm totally not getting anything done today.

Jill in CO

View attachment 87800

Tested posted pics from my phone. Love this new feature! This was Gabby last night. I will post more in a bit.

Happy Sunday friends. :goodvibes

Beautiful picture!

Ahhh - boy's soccer. I remember those tournaments well, but ours were always in close places like Gettysburg PA and Virginia Beach. My favorite was Nashville. The boys are great when they are that age. They don't have any distractions yet and can be so serious about the game.

You KNOW how jealous I was of that toe picture!

Bummer about the view. I hear you about being a hotel snob. I seem to suffer from the same affliction. :faint:

You guys always seem to really enjoy your road trips! :goodvibes

I know what you mean by cheating teams. I deal with it a lot when I do basketball tournaments and have coaches and spectators cheat the system. There are always people that care about winning and will do whatever to win where these events should be all about fun and the kids and not about the parents.

It is bad for parents to do that and leave the kids without telling anyone if you can watch them or not.

I hate leaving Vegas to SoCal since most of the traffic is in that direction. Nice to see that you got to stay at ES Anaheim South and sorry about the view. I would not be happy as well as seeing outside.

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck what was up with that area in your view. It doesn't look like it was under construction, but it was definitely not a nice view.

However, everything else looked pretty good. The hotel looks nice and glad that while you had to check in and out, you never had to vacate the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter