We've been invited to meet THE QUEEN!

That's wonderful news Sarah, well done to your and your DH! It's lovely that people take the time out to recognise the people who make a difference in our country. Enjoy the day! :thumbsup2

OMG that's brilliant news :goodvibes

I sincerely hope that you both will be one of the lucky ones that are selected to be introduced to HRH when she goes walkabout. That would just be the icing on the cake!!

Patrick

We were invited to a Royal Garden Party a couple of years ago. The tea was delightful and the grounds spectacular. We also walked through Buckingham Palace to gain entry to the gardens.

Very, very few are invited to speak wth the Queen, we weren't chosen but she smiled at us as she passed by about 2' away, and we spoke to the Duke of Edinburgh in his line, after the Queen had passed in her line.

Men do NOT need to wear morning suits, in fact very few did and lots of ladies wore fascinators if that is what you would like.

Altogether we were there about 4 hours so wear VERY comfy shoes and have a great time.

PS No cameras allowed.

how exciting, congratulations :goodvibes

well done....my friend has been before several times, linked to various things.

We were invited to a Royal Garden Party a couple of years ago. The tea was delightful and the grounds spectacular. We also walked through Buckingham Palace to gain entry to the gardens.

Men do NOT need to wear morning suits, in fact very few did and lots of ladies wore fascinators if that is what you would like.

Altogether we were there about 4 hours so wear VERY comfy shoes and have a great time.
Thanks for advice.

Our 'bumf' says morning suit or unifrom (no medals)
I will definitely wear a fascinator then!
I have a big head lol! So hats aren't great on me. :)

I was thinking flat shoes or a little heel, I don't fancy falling over in heels LOL.
Sarah X

Fair enough - maybe they've changed the rules.

Whatever, have a fab time - it's a great day and a great honour.

Wow - what an honour - congrats!!
Whatever you wear - have a fantastic time!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Well done Sarah:thumbsup2
I hope you enjoy the day half as much as Matt did 3 years ago, he was chosen for an invite to Queens 80th Birthday party, only 1000 invites went out, he was allowed to take a friend and a parent. More informal I guess as it was for children but they were allowed to wear anything and take cameras, a few pics below. Unfortunatley I didn't go in, I let Karen go in with them but I was massively disasapointed. I got to watch England play in a nearby pub(at least they won).
This was the event.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article679466.ece

We made a full day of it, went to Madam Tussauds (1st 2 pics) Me with Sven, Matt and Dan with Sir Richard, can't believe how much matt has changed in 3 years, now thinner and 6' 2", other 4 inside the Palace grounds.

QueensBirthday36Medium.jpg

QueensBirthday37Medium.jpg

QueensBirthday43Medium.jpg

QueensBirthday143Medium.jpg

QueensBirthday73Medium.jpg

QueensBirthday66Medium.jpg

Congratulations Sarah, that's a great honour, I hope you will have a wonderful time. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

My auntie was invited several years ago and I sent her a spoof letter from the Queen's lady in waiting listing the dos and don'ts.

She totally fell for it until the last parapgraph when I explained she couldn't wear anything from the latest M&S collection incase she ended up wearing the same as the Queen. Then the penny dropped! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter