We've been booked for awhile now through Disney...we want to switch to DU for rebates

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by IvyandLace, Jun 15, 2004.

1. IvyandLace

IvyandLace Certified pixie dust user

Our family cruise (12 people, 4 rooms) was booked while aboard by my Mom who is heading up the vacation. Because of this, we got a significant discount and each room received a $200 credit. Can we take advantage of the rebates that DU is offering on top of what we have already received or would we "lose" our orginial rebates/onboard credits if we switched to Dreams Unlimited??

Has anyone had success with retaining their orginial offers and gaining DU's as well?? How would we go about doing that?

Thanks...always searching for the best deals, you know!

:p IVY :p

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DMS_cruisers04

DMS_cruisers04 S@H DAD

:bounce:
    Just a friendly bump.

4. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can get the rebate that DU is offering but not an additional shipboard credit. I know this because I rebooked while I was still onboard, saved the 10% and got a $200 shipboard credit. I then transferred to DU, got their rebate ($75 in my case) but am not able to get the shipboard credit since I already have one and mine is higher than the one from DU. It seems that their credits are from DCL so you can't "stack" them.:( I don't think that's fair, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

ReneƩ

5. mark & sandra

mark & sandra DIS Veteran

Other TA's also will match DU's rebates. We used AllSeasons because they beat Disney and DU's price by 600.00. They also matched any rebates offered by other TA's. They post their prices on their website. It's www.allseastravel.com

6. dis4me

dis4me <font color=navy>Has experienced the original Magi

Do they mach rebate if their price is lower?

7. mark & sandra

mark & sandra DIS Veteran

The rebate is an added perk for booking with certain TA's. Since many rebook onboard and then have an opportunity to transfer there ressie to another TA, some TA's offer inducements to do so. Those who book onboard already have a discount and stateroom credit so the only thing left to give you is a rebate. The rebate is not determined by the better price, but the rebate is directly related to your cost. The higher your cost the higher the rebate. It usually runs from 100-250 dollar rebate...Mark