WestJet!

I had to laugh when grantclaire called WJ a no frills airline! They are luxury compared to some in the states. They have TV's in the esats and they give snacks.

Many airlines in the US are no frills - no TV's, radios, purchase food items only.

Hi We have flown WJ many times, they are a nofrills airline. I have found they have very good customer service. I too have emailed them and have received prompt response. I am flying with them again in March. I believe the cancellation policy states same day cancellation not 24hrs. Does not hurt to ask! WJ fares do seem to change alot. The airline portion of vacations can be the most frustrating part.

It may "say" 24 hours (although I actually don't think it says anything at all because I have looked), but it is actually 24 hours.

I was advised of this less than 1 week ago.

FYI - I have personally within the last year cancelled both AC and WJ reservations within 24 hours without penalty (i.e. full refund).

Cancelling Your Flight: WestJet flights can be cancelled up until two hours prior to flight departure. When you cancel your booking (same day as booked) online , through the Sales Super Center or in person at an airport, you will have the option of receiving a refund minus a $25per booking cancellation fee back to your credit card; or, a full Future Travel Credit and no fee.

For cancellations after the original date of booking, a fee of $50 plus tax per person will be deducted from the total amount. The remaining funds will be transferred into a WestJet credit file. This credit file can be used for any future WestJet flight. A credit file is valid for one year from the date it was created, and is fully transferable.

SO, if you can cancel without penalty for a full future travel credit, can it not be cancelled and rebooked at the lower price?

The $50 change fee DOES NOT apply if the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours.

You get a full refund in your original form of payment.

This is the case with both AC and WJ.

The $50 change fee DOES NOT apply if the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours.

You get a full refund in your original form of payment.

This is the case with both AC and WJ.

That's right-it's $25

Hey don't shoot the messenger! I merely copied from their Website! If they differ..so be it!

Well then what did she say when you informed her of that? Did she lie about their policy? :confused3

For cancellations after the original date of booking, a fee of $50 plus tax per person will be deducted from the total amount. The remaining funds will be transferred into a WestJet credit file. This credit file can be used for any future WestJet flight. A credit file is valid for one year from the date it was created, and is fully transferable.

This is what she told me... since it was technically not the same day, the $50 per person applied for any changes to the file. Whether it be a name change, flight change or price change.

Yes the seat TVs are great! I have never flown a US carrier, I still remember my first flight to Orlando 20 yrs ago on Canadien Air. Full meal, wine and hot towels. Times have changed!

They were good with me. We booked a package and weren't offered to include the dining plan. When we called back a few weeks later to add it on we found out it was only additional charge of $140 for the 4 of us for the week, but they were going to charge us $75/person cancellation fee. When we mentioned we were never advised of the option to add this when we initally booked (we booked through a Visa rewards program and they booked through West Jet) they ended up waiving the fee.

This is what she told me... since it was technically not the same day, the $50 per person applied for any changes to the file. Whether it be a name change, flight change or price change.

Well, then, I guess I don't see the problem. This would allow you to get the new discounted price plus $50. They are allowing you to cancel. I'm not sure what more they can do.

Actually, I was charged nothing by WJ.

And I am 100% certain that at AC there is also no fee. I just cancelled a reservation in the last week and was fully refunded.

Yup, it applies to AC too. DF and I booked tickets with them in May - I can't remember why but we booked our tickets on two separate transactions. Well, the first one went through at the discounted price but I guess that was the last discounted ticket so when we tried for the second ticket it was a much higher fare. We called to ask what happened and the agent said we could cancel the first ticket without penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter