Western or Eatern

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
which cruise did you like more and why?

Loved them both but if I had to pick one over the other it would be the Eastern. I love the extra sea day and love St. Thomas.

well we've done the western 3 times and haven't done the eastern yet... we're doing it next. Our host's onboard said they all liked the western better so we stuck w/it. W/the additional day at port it's nice to have the ship to yourself.... more space and more relaxing time at the Mickey pool. Having the extra day at sea on the eastern will mean more people on board at the pools and playing ping pong etc... they said the eastern is more shopping and not as clean??? I loved the excursions on the western... we've done the tours of Key West, in Grand Cayman I've swam w/the sting rays, went down in a submarine, took the tours of the island, went to the sea turtle farm... In Cozumel we went swimming w/the dolphins, went snorkeling...and shopping.. I love Grand Cayman :love: it is just beautiful!!! Next we're doing the eastern just to compare...but you can't loose on either...just being on the ship is heaven :cloud9: !!!

I liked the Eastern better. It's probably because we had previously been to some of the Western's ports on non-cruise trips. The ports on Eastern are places that are more expensive to travel outside of a cruise, so the cruise allows us to affordably visit other places.

I did an eastern cruise on HAL and a western on RCI - and I preferred the western itinerary. To me, the eastern itinerary has islands with pretty water - you've seen one...you've seen them all. The western ports actually have some substance...Mayan Ruins on the Yucatan peninsula and Cozumel...stingrays in Grand Cayman.

We an Eastern and Western (double dip to Costa Maya).

Hands down Eastern. I'm glad I did the Western. We had a great time. But if we book again, it will definitely be an Eastern. We loved St. Thomas. We did the Capt. Nautica snorkel excursion and it was incredible. I'd do that excursion again in a heartbeat!

Loved both and would do either one again. IF you are flexible about the week you can go, then I would probably choose the Eastern first because of the extra sea day. But if you have the potential for sea sickness, then the western might be a better choice because you can get off the ship more frequently.

With DD in high school, I now have to pick my cruise by dates, not by ports.....and both are good. That said, I prefer the Eastern. Better ports, extra sea day.

Do you think your host prefers Western because it is easier on the crew when the guests are on shore??? Just a thought.

I've done eastern, western and southern, all on different cruise lines. I like the southern first, the eastern next and the western third. Notice I didn't say last b/c they are all good. I just enjoyed Aruba. Beautiful island. I also really liked St Thomas and St Martin. I will say that St Thomas has changed a LOT since the first time I went there in 1989! I wouldn't turn down any of them!

I preferred Western due to the fact that it was one less day at sea and I loved Grand Cayman! St. Thomas and St. Marteen had great, beautiful beaches but I loved the stingrays and snorkling on the western. I really hated having to get up at the butt crack of dawn for immigration on the Eastern too!!

We've done both, and we prefer Western.

More (and better, in our opinion) ports of call, and no early am Customs inspection!!

we have never cruised before, but we are doing the Eastern for our first cruise. I like the ports of call better, and the extra day at sea. I would like to really enjoy the ship, so the extra day at sea will take care of that!

We prefer Eastern but seem to end up on a lot of Westerns due to dates, etc. St. Thomas and St. Martin are beautiful islands! They're definitely on our radar to do again in the future.

Cheryl

We have only done the Eastern but we are doing the western next. I love the Eastern:loved St. Maarten and St. Thomas, and the extra day at sea is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter