• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Western Diving Since Hurricanes?

FlynnStone

Earning My Ears
My husband and F-I-L are all set to book a diving excursion for this January either in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Has anyone done one of thes excursions *since* the Hurricanes?

Can anyone recommend one excursion over another? They may go diving in both locations, if its nice.

thanks!

I can't say much about GC since our cruise (Oct 23rd) couldn't go there. However, Cozumel was not really hit much by the huricanes. We snorkeled there and the reefs were beautiful. There were also some divers on the same boat with us and they seemed very happy with the diving.

Pamela

My husband went diving in GC and Cozumel last week on the cruise and loved them both. Said that the water was clear and he could see forever. The water was warm for him but one gal wore a 3mm suit. He did get to see a HUGE lobster (like 3 feet big) a huge crab, an eel....stuff like that. He loved it! Wants to go back really bad! The dive boats at both locations were wonderful as far as catering to the excursion. One person didn't get the correct equipment and the boat radio'd the shop and they sent someone out on a jet ski to bring it to the boat. The boat in Cozumel offered a nice fruit platter and did a lot of the "work" for you. Seriously, my husband couldn't stop talking about it and he dives at home here in NC. If you want more info though-PM me and I'll have him answer any specific questions for you that I didn't cover. I don't dive so I'm only telling you the wonderful stories that I heard.

Have fun-Ginny

Can anyone recommend excursion companies? We are not sure to book the Disney ones or not. I've read good things about Eagle Ray in Cozumel. Anyone used them first-hand?

thanks!

Ginny, did your husband book on the disney excursions, my husband also will dive in both Cozumel and Grand Cayman, and I was just booking him on a Disney excursion I figure it will be easier......

FlynnStone:

We had a GREAT experience with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel. Although our experience was for snorkeling, there were 4 divers also on the boat with us. There were 2 guys that were passengers from one of the other cruise lines and there were 2 women that were crew from the Magic. The guys were just there to dive. The women were working on their certification and this was their 3rd or 4th time out. Each pair had their own guide who dove with them. When we were all on board between the two reefs we visited, everyone was talking about what a great time we were having and they all said that the diving was great.

Getting to Eagle Ray Divers is easy - you just catch a cab from outside the pier where the Magic docks to the Caleta Marina. I believe the fare (for all 3 of us) was $8 each way. For the return, Chellie (one of the Eagle Ray owners) made certain that we had a cab and checked that the driver knew where to take us.

Pamela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter