Western Caribbean--Which dolphin adventure is best?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JenBill5, Oct 25, 2012.

1. JenBill5

JenBill5 Mouseketeer

My 9 year old dd's dream is to swim with dolphins. I want to surprise her on our June 2013 with a dolpin adventure. I see there is one at each port...Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya. Please share if you have experienced one or more of these dolphin excursions and the positives and negatives of each. If you have done more than one, which one was your favorite.

Thank you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

I would like to hear about this too!

popcorn::

4. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We did the dolphin experience at Chankanaab in Cozumel and loved it!

5. BeardedDragons

BeardedDragons Mouseketeer

My DS10 and I did the Extreme Dolphin Swim in Grand Cayman last year and loved it. Being pushed on boogie board and getting a belly swim from the dolphins were so great! Very education and interactive. Haven't done either of the other so can't offer a comparison.

6. modisneychick

modisneychick Mouseketeer

The swim in Costa Maya was great and spectators can watch for free (just off the main dock). I posted in a Costa Maya thread about it this summer (with pics).

7. jennab05

jennab05 Mouseketeer

I am signed up for the dolphin one in Cozumel but it's just the platform one where you don't actually swim with them. I hope it's good it looks like a lot of fun.

8. Hope2cruise

Hope2cruise Mouseketeer

We have only done the Extreme Swim at Grand Cayman so can't compare but we absolutely loved it. I would recommend that excursion to anyone with older kids. Our DS was 13 at the time. He loved it.

9. cypressmom

cypressmom Love my Disney vacations!

We went to Chankanaab in Cozumel and loved it. We did the push/pull, which would be perfect for your 9 year old. It included the standard kiss, hug, etc and then you hold a boogie board while the dolphin pushes and your feet. Next, You hold the dolphin's fins and ride belly to belly. At the end you dance with the dolphin. It was great. We had a small group, just 10 of us. After you are welcome to stay and see a sea lion show and explore the grounds. It was beautiful.

10. jaydensmommy23

jaydensmommy23 Earning My Ears

My daughter is 7 and also wants to swim with the dolphins, is there one excursion that is better than the other for a younger child?

11. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

We did the "push, pull, & swim" at Dolphinaris in Cozumel. I LOVED it! I have done dolphin encounters in Nassau, the Florida Keys,and here, and the Dolphinaris one was fabulous!
    My dds were 7 & 10 when we went there, and everyone wore a life jacket, as we were in deep water when we weren't standing on the platform.