We're thinking about pool hopping next April, do you like the pool slide at CSR?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
Don't worry, we're DVC members, so hopping is allowed. I thought on one of our relaxation days we would try the CSR pool. We have never even stepped foot on this property, but the pictures look nice. So I'm a HUGE pool slide lover, can't get enough of going down a fun slide. So can you tell me all about this slide, is it fun? I don't like dark ones though. So is it worth an afternoon there? thanks.

I LOVED the CSR!! The slide is long but slooooow..it really wasn't a thrill kinda slide at all...but the pool area itself is AMAZING!! Slide alone is not worth the trip but the hotel grounds definitely are!

ok, thanks. Now can you compare the slide to say POR? I love that slide. Its not a thrill ride, but so much fun. Is it like that?

I really like that slide. There is a Jaguar perched above it, that has water coming out of it's mouth. It showers you as you slide by. I find that slide pretty darn fast. The first time I went on it, I hurt my knee. I have noticed over the last two years or so, the pool has become increasingly crowded in busy summer seasons or holiday weekends. If you do want to visit, try an off time. Be forewarned they close the slide at night.

You will love CSR pool - it was listed in the Family Fun magazine as one of the best pools in WDW:thumbsup2 We've stayed at all the mods and CSR so far has been our favorite!

ok, thanks. Now can you compare the slide to say POR? I love that slide. Its not a thrill ride, but so much fun. Is it like that?
No comparison. The POR/POFQ slides are tame in comparison. Those pools are better for toddlers.

4tr68mf.jpg

63r7a8h.jpg

Do you happen to know what time the pool and/or slide would close in December? We want to make sure we have time built into our stay to enjoy the pool! Great ariel photo, by the way!

Do you happen to know what time the pool and/or slide would close in December? We want to make sure we have time built into our stay to enjoy the pool! Great ariel photo, by the way!
I've never been in December but the times I have been there the hours for the lifeguards have been 10a - 8p.

Thanks, Buzz. When you have been there, are you allowed to use the pool (not the slide) when the lifeguards are gone?

I was swimming rather late one evening (think after pleasure island closed) with a friend at a quiet pool and the kind security guard came and told us the the other guests would appreciate if we moved to the main pool. ;) So I am pretty sure you can swim there when ever you want. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you're staying at Shades of Green if you can use the pools at the other resorts?

i thought dvc only permitted pool hopping amongst other dvc resorts... can dvc'ers hop to any pool ('cept SAB)?

that pool slide looks great... yet another reason we've chosen CSR for our next trip (after tomorrow's! LOL!)

i thought dvc only permitted pool hopping amongst other dvc resorts... can dvc'ers hop to any pool ('cept SAB)?

that pool slide looks great... yet another reason we've chosen CSR for our next trip (after tomorrow's! LOL!)
DVC members can go to any pool. I met people at the marina who were DVC members and they go to CSR to bring their grandkids to the pool and marina.

Actually with DVC pool hopping it is a little more complicated than that. AKL and SAB are off limits year round.

At other times of the year, holidays, etc. pool hopping for DVC can be cancelled completely.

During the times it is allowed, members are asked to contact the resort of choice prior to coming over, to make sure the resort is not full. It is up to the resort to allow or deny the visit. Also during the visit the lifeguards have the right to ask members to leave if the pool becomes too crowded.

Members can visit the other resort pools except for AKL and SAB as long as they are staying at a DVC resort on points. Otherwise no pool hopping at all.

In fact it is so complicated we never use it.

DVC members must be staying at a DVC resort on points and pool hopping cannot be blacked out (that happens for the days surrounding holidays and other busy times). So if a DVC member was staying at Shades of Green, they couldn't pool hop because you can't stay on points at Shades of Green.

Now that we've cleared up the DVC part of this;) , can we get back to my question? I'm hearing alot about the pool itself (thanks for that aerial pic btw, awesome Buzz), can I hear specifically more about the slide itself. Is it super fast, like SAB slide fast where you can get out of control? Or is it just plain fun fast, like a winding type of fun, kind of like the BW pool slide. I love the BW slide, but the SAB slide is too fast for me at the beginning.

Now that we've cleared up the DVC part of this;) , can we get back to my question? I'm hearing alot about the pool itself (thanks for that aerial pic btw, awesome Buzz), can I hear specifically more about the slide itself. Is it super fast, like SAB slide fast where you can get out of control? Or is it just plain fun fast, like a winding type of fun, kind of like the BW pool slide. I love the BW slide, but the SAB slide is too fast for me at the beginning.
If you lay back, it is very fast. You'll bank high on the walls. If you sit up it slows down the ride. I've watched kids as well as adults go down the slide and they all seem to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter