We're late, we're late, for a very important date.... - A Nov. 2014 TR

I was beginning to think you forgot about us. :sad:

Is it really? :confused3 We've never watched it because everyone always claims it's just a place to get out of the heat and the show is horrible. If it's funny, then I want to laugh.

:eek::scared1::eek::scared1::faint:

Must do? Are you joking or being serious? :confused3

Is this part of the walk-through only or can FP people see this mirror thing? I know nothing about ETWB other than the audience helps with the story and it has long waits. That's all I know. I had a FP for it last October but 100% of my crew voted to skip it. :sad:

Okay, I may have cried just a little bit.

And there went the box of tissues. Too sweet!!!!!!! :love::cloud9:

ROFL....I've been busy with other things, important other things, like getting to 100 in WoW but ya know.....

We definitely think it's a must do for us but then again we are WEIRD. You may go and not enjoy it but we LOVE it, just for stupid lyrics sake. In fact I was laughing at your comments and how you thought I was being sarcastic so I told DH what I was laughing at. DS1 starts singing, "Don't Whoop him momma, don't whoop him momma, just shoot him instead!" I think you should DEFINITELY try it out on your next trip and if you like it, you can come over and thank me. If you don't like it, you can come over and beat me. Either way it's a win for me because I get to see you! (Oh bring the kids too!)

You will get to see the mirror as that's a room that everyone goes into. Be SURE to fastpass this for your trip! TOTALLY worth it!

How wonderful he got to dance with Belle! Love your report so far. I agree scooters are tough to navigate. We've gone with my mom twice and she needed a scooter and it took some getting use to. Can't wait to read more!:love:

Thanks for hanging out with us!! Yes I feel awful now that our trip is over that I wasn't more accommodating and understanding but in the moment it's hard. =( Dancing with Belle was the highlight of our trip for him!

We headed out to our bus stop and left Magic Kingdom. We had fastpasses for Wishes and Festival of Fantasy on another day so we decided it was time to go back to the hotel.

Our trip back to the Lodge was quick and uneventful. Soon we were inside grabbing drinks at Roaring Forks and getting ready for our evening out.

I have this photo from that time period but I'm not sure why I took it. =)

This next story is one of the times that we experienced some frustration due to the scooter and rude bus drivers. There were two times that really upset mom. This one made me downright angry so skip if you want a happy story. Once we were all ready we headed down to the bus stop and oh my goodness the line!!! Upon closer inspection, I realized that ALL these people were indeed heading to Downtown Disney just like us. I told mom that we would just wait for the next bus. She agreed but did not realize that I meant we would just hang out over here away from the pickup point so she began scooting over to her "box" on the ground to wait. Along the way I could hear the people grumbling and complaining about how they had been in line for 30, 45, even one hour and here we were going to just get on before them. We had no intentions of doing that but I totally understood their frustrations because they didn't know what we were going to do and honestly that's how bus stops work. Within 10-15 minutes a bus showed up. Immediately the bus driver went to the ramp door and opened it up. We got his attention ahead of time and told him politely that we were going to wait for the next bus as we had only just walked up. For the purposes of this story, I will say that he was not the same race as us. He immediately began fussing LOUDLY (almost to the point of hollering), "WHAT?! You don't want to ride my bus? Just get on the bus!! Sure, fine, do whatever you want!" It was by far the rudest thing a bus driver has ever said to us. Mom was traumatized. We felt like he thought we were racist because we wouldn't get on the bus. Well let me tell you, after he closed that door and headed back to the front of the bus fussing away, people in the line began to thank us and to come over to tell us how much they appreciated it. We did it because it was the right thing to do and because so many times we are the family waiting in the long line. The bus driver should have NEVER reacted like that. Now, before you ask, no I didn't report him because honestly I never saw his name. We didn't get close enough to read it and we didn't ride the bus so I never caught it but it was an awful experience all the same.

ANYWAYS, a lot of people in the line never made it on that empty bus (that's how long the line was) so we felt better about getting on the next bus which pulled up just as the first one was leaving. We hopped on and were off to DTD.

Our first requirement of going to DTD was to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express. The line was the longest I've ever seen it but honestly we only waited about 15 minutes to place an order. When I went inside the building to order with hubby, mom pulled around and went in the exit to sit at a table. This restaurant is not very scooter friendly so I'm thankful that she could walk some. Dinner was delicious as usual!

I tried the bacon wrapped meatloaf on this trip. While I did enjoy it, I rather the rotisserie chicken.

Their cheesecake is heavenly!! I love WPE and always enjoy eating there!

After eating we went around looking at shops through DTD. The boys were itching to spend money so we visited the toy store.

They enjoy looking for video games in Once Upon A Toy. I know that's not a typical Disney souvenir but it's what they like.

However, on this day we didn't find anything worth buying so we headed out but first....

....a picture of Donald for DS2.

We also visited the new Marketplace but I have no pictures to prove it. =( After that we left and were home in time to watch the electrical boat parade. Mom was cold and decided to grab some hot chocolate and stay inside. We took the kids, our coats, and went out to the boat dock. It was cold. It was windy. It was worth it!

Here are three short videos from the parade. You can hear the wind in it. You can also hear me say, "I don't even know where our kids are." Before you call child protection on me, they were on the deck somewhere.......

And with that, we headed up to our room. Tomorrow was Epcot and a meal at a new restaurant for us. Thanks for reading along!

Last edited:

Oh yes, it is depressing! My answer - Always start planning your next trip before the current one is over! lol....thanks for reading along!
I agree - plan your next trip pronto.
Thanks for the videos of the Electric Water Pageant - it is a classic !

Joining in! Love all the Christmas decorations!

We do too!! Hubby is thinking of not going this year at Thanksgiving and that would make me awfully sad!! lol.....

I agree - plan your next trip pronto.
Thanks for the videos of the Electric Water Pageant - it is a classic !

No matter how many times we see the water parade, we still get excited when we hear the music. It's one of our favorites!!

We are following along too! Thanks for writing this trip report- we always mean to write one, and I will even start one, but have such trouble finishing it! We are going Nov 9-15 this year and saw your trip report hoping we could plan better for the crowds and the weather. We have gone the first week in December in 2012, and in October both 2013 and 2014 (actually had a Disney Wishes wedding last October with 50 of our closest family- most of which had never been to Disney before...such a mix of greatness and frustration I cant even begin to describe...I need to really do that trip report)... but long for the Christmas season again... and thought the 2nd week of November might have the right mix of weather, crowds, and Christmas... any pointers for us? Just 2 adults this time, no scooters (had my mom in one for the first time last year...so I feel your pain in your posts!), just 2 WDW vets...

We are following along too! Thanks for writing this trip report- we always mean to write one, and I will even start one, but have such trouble finishing it! We are going Nov 9-15 this year and saw your trip report hoping we could plan better for the crowds and the weather. We have gone the first week in December in 2012, and in October both 2013 and 2014 (actually had a Disney Wishes wedding last October with 50 of our closest family- most of which had never been to Disney before...such a mix of greatness and frustration I cant even begin to describe...I need to really do that trip report)... but long for the Christmas season again... and thought the 2nd week of November might have the right mix of weather, crowds, and Christmas... any pointers for us? Just 2 adults this time, no scooters (had my mom in one for the first time last year...so I feel your pain in your posts!), just 2 WDW vets...

I love November at Disney. A lot of the resort Christmas decor won't be up by the 15th yet but you will be able to see the stuff in the parks. The weather for the last two years has been chilly but we go later in November. You will have an awesome time!

The next morning we were up and at 'em early to head to Epcot. I'm going to apologize in advance for a lot of this trip as I never planned to write a trip report. I took the pictures strictly for my enjoyment and didn't take notes. In fact, it wasn't until we had been home a couple of months that I decided to write one so there are some days that I just don't remember as much as others. (this is one of those days!!)

On this day we had fastpasses for Spaceship Earth, Figment, and Test Track. I knew that Mom could not do Test Track but I figured we would all keep the same schedule. Looking back I should have gotten her and I a set of Soarin fastpasses but before the trip I didn't think I would skip Test Track. Ahhh, but that's jumping ahead because right now we are at the beginning of our day.

Mom was VERY excited about Epcot because she had only ever visited Magic Kingdom. She loved the countries concept and was eager to see each one. As we got off the bus at Epcot, she joked that she didn't even see the park and we all laughed because she had no clue going in as to how big everything was. I was beyond thankful for her scooter!

I believe that I photograph the "golf ball" more than I do Cinderella's castle. It is to me "Disney"!

While walking into Epcot, we found Stitch who is DS8's favorite character so of course we needed photographs!

He really is smiling, folks!! lol.....the sun in his eyes really messes up his pictures and any little bit of sun will make him squint. :rolleyes2

Next up, our first fastpass - Spaceship Earth! We journeyed through time to the Ice Age and ended up in our future! Mom LOVED the 50-70s areas. She enjoyed our ride a lot.

A view of our future - apparently in the future I lose sections of my hair.....

The boys' futures!

Of course, after we journey through time, we have to power cities using clean energy.

My boys love these games but we found this trip that they don't work as well as they used to. Definitely time for a refurb! All in all, the boys still loved the game and did well enough to power their city.

That's a professional photo right there! Can you see anything?!?! :teeth:

Mom and I left to find her scooter and I took this beautiful picture of.....you guessed it - Spaceship Earth!

Next up - Figment!!! We LOVE Figment! It is a family favorite and we are that annoying family that sings the song EVERY.SINGLE.TIME it plays in the ride! :jumping1:

Yep, that's us!!

After Figment, we headed to the Land. Mom was amazed at how much was in the Land.

We headed in and had lunch at Sunshine Seasons! We love Sunshine Seasons (honestly we LOVE just about everything Disney). I always get the rotisserie chicken and DS12 gets the salmon. The desserts here are heavenly as well! After lunch the boys headed over to Test Track while mom and I rode Living with the Land. Here a few pics from our ride -

Love how they spelled Epcot but I couldn't quite get it all in the picture.

After Living with the Land, we headed over to meet the boys at their ride.

Another pic of the "ball".....

Love these Mickey heads at MouseGear

A great photo of Mom near Test Track

Up next, we head to the countries. Would mom like the countries? Would she be surprised by what was there?

I bet your mom loved WSC! :love:

So ... in this future ... do we all lose sections of hair or is it just you? :confused3:lmao:

After enjoying time with just me and mom, we met the boys at the dump area of Test Track. I took some really sorry pics of their cars and the scores they received.

The boys excitedly told my mom about their trip around the track and after hearing the cars overhead, she decided that it was definitely a GOOD thing that she hadn't ridden the ride!

Once we finished at Test Track, we decided that it was time to head over to the countries because Mom was very excited about those and it was almost 2 p.m. by this point.

Our goal was to finish all of the countries from Mexico over to France where we would have dinner at Chefs de France and then enjoy Illuminations before heading out.

Before we could get to the countries, we had to stop for pictures of the Christmas tree.

Excuse the drips on my lens. I'm a professional photographer I tell ya! lol....

Mexico was up first. We parked Mom's scooter outside and went in. The kids colored a character on a stick at the Kidcot center while we looked around. The boys also completed the Mexico quest for Phineas and Ferb while inside. Finally we rode the Three Caballeros ride.

See that is my proof of riding! Mom did okay in Mexico but she did struggle towards the end with all the walking. I never noticed until this trip that scooters really can't fit inside the country. It's unfortunate for people who are really not mobile as it would be very hard for them to enjoy it.

Up next, Norway and our other favorite country ride.....

oh wait, never mind, it's gone now. :( :worried: I'm not in favor of the changes to Norway at all but that's another thread for another day right??

At least the troll is still here for us to pick his nose!

In Norway, we decided to grab a snack to say we had eaten "Norwegian" food so we all headed into Kringla Bakery. The food there is weird! :scared: Their menu has things like Salmon and egg sandwich, ham and apple sandwich, and the dessert looked different as well. We ended up getting some waffle thing that I don't see on the menu anymore.

And we were off to head to China!

While the kids did a mission, I looked around the large store.

Do they actually sell these?? There is also a jade pagoda that I think I have a pic of that is thousands of $$. I can't imagine going to Disney to buy those but I guess it takes all kinds.

These are cute.

Finishing off with China we are about halfway around to our dinner destination. Mom is having a grand time and we are trying to keep up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter