We're Home

Elise79

DIS Veteran
Well we are home - had a great 9 nights at BLT.

Flight back was delayed and long due to the ash cloud - we were routed in over Spain and France rather than accross to Ireland - added nearly an hours flying time. For those flying VA soon the Cabin Crew are only expecting the delays to get worse while the ash cloud stays were it is.

We were on VS28 back to LGW and both MAN flights were delayed too. On our return flight I think I saw that another Disser was in PE too - I couldn't remember who and didn't like to say anything incase I got the wrong person :scared: Anyway we were sitting in 79 C, H & K so hi if it was you :wave2:

I am not doing a trip report but here are a few highs and lows:
Highs
  • Bay Lake Tower was amazing - it was so great being able to walk to MK
  • Top of the World Lounge - some nights it was like having our own private bar but it the most amazing place and I recommend it to any DVC owner staying at BLT
  • Weather was hotter than we were expecting and was perfect
  • Got to see Space Shuttle Atlantis sitting on the pad at KSC before her last flight
  • Dessert party at MK - was good but not a must do every trip but still gald we tried it
  • Teppan Edo - my surprise new restaurant of this trip

Lows
  • Ash cloud didn't stop us getting home!
  • Lots of school groups especially the first week

Off to bed now to try and get back in a normal routine!

Welcome home. Glad you liked Teppan Edo, we have an ADR there in August:thumbsup2

Welcome home :wave2:

Would love to hear more of your Teppan Edo experience :goodvibes

Suitcases are unpacked now ;)

For those of you interested in Teppan Edo:

It was DH, DD (22mths in a Highchair) & myself. We we seated at a table with 3 other couples who were all considerably older than us (all had grown up children) however they were all nice enough. The tables are designed to seat 8 in a horseshoe shape - 2 on each side and 4 along the back. This was the only downside for us as they seated us along the side so we had to squeeze in a highchair as well as the 2 normal chairs.

The food was amazing - the waitress takes the order, and delivers any appitizers as they are prepared in the kitchen out back. Then the chef comes out with the food for the entrees on a trolley. She went through what we ordered and asked how we would like our steak cooked. I ordered the steak & chicken, DH just had the chicken and DD shared (although later we decided next time she would get her own!).

The chef cooks all the food the whole time 'talking' with you and putting on a show. Our chef was great and really kept DD entertained.

She first of all cooked the noodles - these were sooo tasty IMO we didn't have enough of these - I would have quite happily given up my rice for a second helping if I could! :rolleyes1 The noodles are cooked with zuccine and onions.

Then she went on to cook the meats chicken & shrimp first then the steaks. She asked me what DD was going to be eating and I told her a little bit of our chicken so she cut it up into small pieces all ready for her and served it straight on to her plate. DD loved this as she likes to be treated the same. The meat is roughly cut into 1/2 inch sqaures normally - which is just a nice size.

Both my meats were really tender and tasty :love: The portions are not large here so you will not walk out feeling stuffed. The dessert selection was small and nothing we fancied so we passed and got the check and left.

One other point for anyone with young children not on the DDP - we got a sprite for DD and it was a normal child sized one and we were charged $2.95 for it which is the same as an adult drink :rolleyes: It was just a bit of shock as the Disney owned restaurants didn't charge us for DD drink when she wasn't getting a meal and I just forgot that Teppen is owned by an outside company.

We will be going back as we loved the food and the seating issue would resolved as DD will need a chair next time with a booster as she is getting too big for the highchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter