We're here - live from Saratoga Springs!!

Tink2312

<font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess
Hi all,

Well, after al the planning, we made it!!

We arrived on Saturday and so far we're having a great time - well, we were until today. Looks like we'll be making a trip to the Medical Centre as my Dad's cold has got worse and worseand it now seems like he may have a chest infection :sad2:

This has messed up the plans a bit (not to mention his holiday :headache:), but hopefully once he gets some meds in him, he'll be ready and raring to go again!

The weather has been awesome so far and SSR has exceeded ALL expectations!!

We've only been to MK so far but we had a fab time and managed to catch a soft opening of the newly refurbed Space Mtn!!! It didn't seem much different, apart from being darker and perhaps a bit slicker.

Today me and Mum are planning to head to MGM this pm and I've just booked us in to Hollywood and Vine for our tea :thumbsup2 I think we'll probably go to the AmIdol finale show and then to the Osbourne Lights.

But first it's off to the clinic to try to get Dad sorted:sick:

Glad that you have had a great time until now Catherine. Hope that your dad isn't as bad as it seems at that you can all enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Tell your dad to get well soon. Hopefully the nice weather will help make him feel a bit better too. :goodvibes

Thanks guys!

They're just off to the Medical Centre now, so hopefully Dad will have something to get him better soon :thumbsup2

I'm just getting ready to head over to DTD on the boat - I think some retail therapy is called for :lmao: I have however already managed to buy about a dozen pins - time for some trading I think ;)

hope your dad gets better soon, have fun I love SSR :thumbsup2

Well, having been to the LBV Med Centre, Dad's been told he's got Bronchitis (sp?) and has been given pretty strong anti b's. They were all very nice and helpful and $237 + $20 medication fee later and he's back in the villa. It just shows you how lucky we are to have "free" healthcare - thank goodness for holiday insurance!!

I, on the other hand, had a very lovely morning at DTD and me and Mum had a fab lunch at WPE - best CS so far (and that's saying something as every CS so far has been great!!).

Just having a shower and change now before off to HS.

Thanks for all the well-wishes :hug:

Hopefully the medication will help - don't be afraid to hire a wheelchair for your dad when he's feeling well enough to go out for a few hours.

Glad you enjoyed your shopping spree - I agree with WPE - really like that place :)

I hope that your dad is feeling better soon, the anti-biotics should start to work pretty quick.

Did you see the video games in the queue area on Space Mountain? I was reading on the Orlando Sentinal that they have installed them as part of the rehab.

so sorry to hear your Dad took ill..
i hope he's feeling better now that he's begun antibiotics!

wishing your Dad a quick recovery and you all a lovely holiday!!

Hi Tink2312,
Good to see you are enjoying yourselves at SS (illness permitting!), we are staying there in August, which block are you staying in?, any thoughts as to which you think would be the best forwalk to DD and main amenities at SS?

Thanks

I hope that your dad is feeling better soon, the anti-biotics should start to work pretty quick.

Did you see the video games in the queue area on Space Mountain? I was reading on the Orlando Sentinal that they have installed them as part of the rehab.

The video games weren't working when we went through the queue area, but we did see the control buttons attached to the railings. We wouldn't have been able to use them anyway as the ride was a walk on. The things I've read sound cool though. :thumbsup2

Hi Tink2312,
Good to see you are enjoying yourselves at SS (illness permitting!), we are staying there in August, which block are you staying in?, any thoughts as to which you think would be the best forwalk to DD and main amenities at SS?

Thanks

Hi Jmagla,

We're in Grandstand in the block next to the bus stop. It's a fantastic location and about a 4 min walk to the main bldg with restaurants and pool. No way would we consider walking to DTD - we walked to the edge of the Congress Park section (the section closest to DTD) and that was a 15 min walk in itself - add on to that about another 15 min to get to DTD and it really adds up! I think the whole complex is 65 acres, so it really is massive!
The boat to DTD is lovely and really quick - you can catch that from the main bldg.
If walking to DTD is very important to you then Congress Park is the way to go, but the trade-off is that you could be a 15 min walk or more from the main bldg.
Hope that helps and happy planning :goodvibes

Well, after 2 days in the room, Dad is feeling better and we're going to do some resort hopping this morning and then to DTD for some lunch. We're eating tonight at Coral Reef in EPCOT.
Me and Mum had a good day yesterday - rope drop at EPCOT with 3 rides on TT and a 5 minute wait on Soarin - the park was dead!! :cool1: We didn't even have to get off TT - there was nobody queuing up, so we just went round again...and again...and again :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter