• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're here for the food! Sept/Oct Trip report! (Updated 1/16)

Day 5, part 1 – Sunday October 2nd!
Extra Early Morning Magic!

It was good we got to bed early the previous night because we were up at the crack of dawn this morning! We showered and got ready and were at the bus stop by 6:35AM! Keeping our amazing bus timing tradition alive, we got to the bus stop 3 minutes before our bus to the Magic Kingdom arrived! There was one other couple waiting at the bus stop who also got on the bus with us. We swung by the Beach Club next, but no one was there, so we made our way to the Magic Kingdom! The bus driver asked as we neared if any of us had dining reservations at any of the MK hotels and noted if we did he could drop us off there. Neither us nor the other couple did, so we went straight to the park!

We arrived just before 7:00AM…and it was still dark out. There were about 5 other families who were already there milling around in front of the empty park. My mom and I took some pictures of the emptiness while we waited.
IMAG3266_zpsklokvzzj.jpg

PA022811_zpsqugh2qjr.jpg

Eventually around 7:15, a cast member came out and asked us to head over to the far left entrance. My mom and I were the first ones there and first in line, yippy! The couple who we were on the bus with were right behind us. We ended up chatting with them, they were so sweet and offered to take pictures of us being first in line!

PA022814_zpsaikoyuud.jpg

PA022816_zps0xrqc3lf.jpg

DSC02794_zpsrd2hfxnn.jpg

A few minutes later, around 7:20, a cast member told us that we needed to break into two lines, the EMM people and the ADR people. Now, there was this super obnoxious group of women who arrived right when they had originally told everyone to head over to the far left entrance and who pushed and shoved their way in front of everyone who had been there 30+ minutes prior to them to try to get to the front. Fortunately, the couple behind us did not let them push through. But when they told us to split into the ADR and EMM line, those women SPRINTED over to try to be first in line. Well, some happy Disney magic/karma happened because they ran to the furthest entrance, but the CM told us we only needed to head to the next one over. HA!

These women ended up being in line right behind us though, and they were horrible! They kept pushing in on us to the point one woman was actually leaning on me. Keep in mind, at this point there was maybe 30 people in line, so it wasn’t exactly packed in there! She was also sick and kept coughing into the side/back of my head. I could feel the spit on my face. I finally turned around and told her to please stop leaning on me, and she looked shocked that I had a problem with it! She didn’t say anything, just glared at me as if I was the horrible person, and went on chatting with her group. She did move slightly further back though, but still close enough that she was brushing up against me. Needless to say, the wait to get into the park seemed to take forever!

Finally, at 7:25, they started letting us in. Well…they let us scan our magic bands then go wait by the tunnel. It was kind of amazing being the first ones into the park! We ended up waiting in front of the tunnel until a little before 7:45. My first pictures inside the park have a time stamp of 7:43, so I’m guessing they may have actually let us in at 7:40!

Of course the first thing we did when we got in was head over to the photopass photographers. We are so totally obsessed.

MK_TSHOLIDAY_20161002_7819170402_zpscticvmzg.jpeg

While everyone else ran to get to the rides or their ADRs, my mom and I took our time heading up Main Street to check out the store fronts we usually miss and of course take pictures. Our reservation wasn’t until 8:35, so we were in no rush!

DSC02797_zpshmjfovja.jpg

PA022818_zps9kzvioyq.jpg

DSC02799_zpsyjitvoco.jpg

DSC02802_zpsd2ngnwod.jpg

DSC02803_zpscoegzfc4.jpg

DSC02807_zpskoj7rpxp.jpg

PA022823fixed_zps4a0ssayz.jpg

We finally made our way back to Be Our Guest for our breakfast!

DSC02815_zpsvzudoxme.jpg

Since we didn’t arrive until around 8:07 (assuming the clock on my camera was accurate), the initial rush was over. When we got there the cast member told us we could use either line since there was only one other family there, so we got in the left and soon we were at the ordering station. Now, we had pre-ordered our food, but we still had to go verify we still wanted it. It took only a minute and soon we had our “rose” and made our way into the ballroom to find a table.

There were a ton of tables left so we picked one next to the window in the back. My mom decided to wait at the table while I went and got my beverages and then we would switch. I got my coffee and some water, and then my mom went up. Right after she left our food arrived! I got the Feast a la Gaston and my mom got the croissant doughnut. I was worried my dish would be too much food, but it’s fairly small servings of each item, and I don’t eat sausage, so my mom ate those for me.

Since my mom was still gone when the food arrived I waited for her to come back before I started. She came back a few minutes later, but had no drinks, and looked very upset. I asked her what happened to her drinks, and she told me that the coffee and the juice things were down, and she didn’t want to drink just water. She was pretty upset, so when a cast member swung by to ask how things were, I asked if the coffee and juice things were working yet. Instead of going to check, he asked how we liked our coffee and what juice we wanted, then headed off to another room. A few minutes later he came back with our coffee and our juice! What fantastic service! He was so incredibly kind, I think he could tell my mom was upset that she couldn’t get her drinks, so went above and beyond to cheer her up. I love these great CMs!

Of course before we left we had to take some pictures:

IMAG3268_zpsfkbzoxle.jpg

We finished up around 8:40 and made our way over to 7DMT. We arrived right around 7:45 which is just when they started letting the non-EMM people on. There were only a handful of families in front of us, so we walked right onto the ride. It was such fantastic timing!

MK_MINETRAIN_20161002_7819186912_zpsxio6jbej.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_20161002_7819188481_zpsz16xwhit.jpeg

The ride is definitely cute, but not something we’d waste a FP+ on if Thunder Mountain had not been down. But, because Thunder Mountain was down this trip, we had a FP+ to ride it again in a few minutes! I think our favorite part of the ride was AFTER the ride on the walkway out there was this gorgeous grey cat just hanging out and everyone was stopping to take pictures of it! Ha!

After our first ride on 7DMT we had about 15 minutes until our FP+ for it, so we decided to wander around fantasy land and take some pictures.

DSC02809_zpsxvhsrghe.jpg

DSC02814_zpslmjbpu7p.jpg

PA022825_zpssursvsa9.jpg

There was still no one around!
PA022827_zps4ie49tvr.jpg

DSC02816_zpspxjtgucq.jpg

DSC02821_zpsbxpf4ojr.jpg

It was finally time for our FP+, so we made our way back to ride 7DMT again. This time we got front row seats!
MK_MINETRAIN_20161002_7819198888_zpsgn1ixfbt.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_20161002_7819202853_zps4ubeueab.jpeg

After 7DMT we had some time before our next FP+ which wasn’t until 10:25, so we decided to wander around and take some pictures:

MK_MSBRCART_20161002_7819170751_zpskrpdynf0.jpeg

MK_OUTERHRIGHT_20161002_7819215576_zpsmwjy6a4c.jpeg

MK_FNTSYBRG_20161002_7819208084_zpswj3lcxtl.jpeg

We also made our way over to Main Street to do some shopping. I ended up chatting with a CM at one of the shops about the 45th anniversary, and she told us we made a good choice to not try to come the day before for it. She said it was a mad house there for most of the day!

While shopping I made some “only in Disney” kind of purchases and got myself a Swarovski crystal tiara, because, well, in my mind I’m totally a princess. Did I need it? Of course not. But oh boy did I want it!

After our shopping and photos it was finally time for our next FP+ at Space Mountain! We made our way over and walked right on.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20161002_7819294882_zps5smzp13w.jpeg

Space Mountain was fun as always, for me at least, my mom still doesn’t like it.

Our next, and last FP+ of the day was at 11:30, so we had a bit of time to burn until that one. We ended up, I’m sure you’ve guess it, taking more pictures!

MK_TOMBRDG1_20161002_7819306772_zpsbqxksnhs.jpeg

MK_TOMBRDG1_20161002_7819306769_zpsgt19wf7x.jpeg

Soon enough it was time to head over to our next FP+ for Splash Mountain! If you couldn’t tell from previous posts, we kind of love this ride. I decided to wear my new tiara for the picture this time around!

MK_SPLASH_20161002_7819363078_zpso18shbum.jpeg

Once we wrapped up on Splash, we were pretty tired, so we decided to head back to the resort for our afternoon break. We headed out of the park and made our way to the monorail, but of course had to take pictures on the way out!

MK_MSMKTHOU_20161002_7819268237_zpsw2buhuwi.jpeg

MK_ENTR_20161002_7819396787_zpsahhui3bf.jpeg

We got there just as one was about to leave and we lucked out and were able to hop right on! We switched to the Epcot monorail at the TTC and soon enough we were on our way to Epcot!

Next up, Day 5 part 2!

That must have been really fun to be the first ones in MK that day. We were there that morning, too, but not that early. It was a beautiful morning. :)

I think our favorite part of the ride was AFTER the ride on the walkway out there was this gorgeous grey cat just hanging out and everyone was stopping to take pictures of it!
Was there a cat roaming around the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride?

e also made our way over to Main Street to do some shopping. I ended up chatting with a CM at one of the shops about the 45th anniversary, and she told us we made a good choice to not try to come the day before for it. She said it was a mad house there for most of the day!
We had heard that there was a huge line down Main Street that was for people who wanted to purchase the special merchandise. We talked to a CM in the Pirates dump shop who said that every piece of anniversary merchandise was sold out.

While shopping I made some “only in Disney” kind of purchases and got myself a Swarovski crystal tiara, because, well, in my mind I’m totally a princess. Did I need it? Of course not. But oh boy did I want it!
I love your tiara. I have been tempted to buy one because they are gorgeous. Have you worn it anywhere besides WDW?

That must have been really fun to be the first ones in MK that day. We were there that morning, too, but not that early. It was a beautiful morning. :)

It was, and it was such a perfect morning! As exhausting as it was, I'm glad we got there so early!

Was there a cat roaming around the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride?

It was hanging out in front of the house you pass as you exit, just basking in the morning sun. It's the first time I've seen a cat in the park!

We had heard that there was a huge line down Main Street that was for people who wanted to purchase the special merchandise. We talked to a CM in the Pirates dump shop who said that every piece of anniversary merchandise was sold out.

Yeah, the CM we spoke with said something similar. Would have been nice to see what special items they were offering, but we don't like lines that much!

I love your tiara. I have been tempted to buy one because they are gorgeous. Have you worn it anywhere besides WDW?

Thank you! I actually wore it for Halloween! I decided to go as a princess :-)

Day 5, part 2!
Little Food, Little Wine, A Whole Lot of Singing!

Once we got to Epcot we decided since we were there we might as well grab some food from a booth for lunch since we were hungry. First though, we had to make it through security. I was a bit concerned since I had all my bags from my shopping at MK, and some of the items were wrapped and packed in boxes, but security went smoothly, and we had a great guard who jokingly took the dog toy Mickey Ice Cream bar out of the shopping bag and pretended to eat it. HA!

Once through security my mom mentioned we should go do the Chase Character meet since we were there. So we made our way over, only to find the line was insane!!! It was a little after 1:00 at this point so it had only opened a few minutes earlier, but the line already wrapped its way throughout the whole building! Seeing that line my mom and I decided it was not worth it, we could go to the regular character spot and have a shorter line! Instead we decided to go make our way over to World Showcase to grab some food and drinks while we made our way back to the resort.

Our first stop was New Zealand! My mom got the Lamb Meatball and the Venison, while I got the Venison and the Pinot Gris. Everything was delicious!

Here is my Venison and Pinot Gris:
DSC02834_zpslmovymrp.jpg

Here is my mom’s Lamb Meatball and Venison:
DSC02835_zpsjzsaas9k.jpg

After eating we slowly made our way around World Showcase. Our next stop was Mexico where I got the Pineapple Margarita which was delicious! Also super refreshing. This was the one day of the trip we found to be uncomfortably hot.

I sipped on my Margarita while we made our way through the countries. When we got to Germany we just HAD to have our pictures taken
EPCOT_ECROVE2_20161002_7819506648_zpsvvrxfgpn.jpeg

Afterwards we made our way to Italy since we both were dying to try the Limoncello Margarita. Luck was not on our side though, when we got there the CM informed us that they had JUST run out and to come back later. But but but…it was our last day! There may not BE a later! Sadness. After that disappointing news we decided we were too hot and grumpy to continue so made our way out of the park for some quality pool time.

On the way out, I was still a bit hungry, so we stopped by Hops and Barley and I got the Beef Brisket and the Sam Adams Grapefruit IPA. At this point I was so hot and exhausted I didn’t remember to take pictures. Fail.

We eventually made it to the pool and it was packed! The only chairs we could find were the non-lounge chairs on the island in the middle of the lazy river. Good thing we were there to swim and not to lay out! We had a nice refreshing swim, and then decided we just HAD to get a sunken treasure because, well, when in Rome!

After finishing up our drinks we felt thoroughly relaxed so decided we could try Epcot one more time for those Limoncello Margaritas. So we headed back to the room to shower and change.

At this point I was seriously wishing I had brought more clothes, I was completely out of clean shirts. First time in my life I’ve ever under packed!

After a quick turn-around and finding the least stinky shirt, we made our way back to Epcot. We made a bee-line right to Italy.

This time luck was on our side and the margaritas were back in stock! So we each ordered one and my mom also got the Chicken Parmesan. Both were amazing! We were surprised how light the chicken was, we expected a heavy dish so didn’t really want it earlier when we were so hot, but it wasn’t heavy at all!

Of course we took pictures:
PA022849_zpsmn7yc3ru.jpg

Once we wrapped up at Italy, my mom had one more booth she really wanted to try before the end of our trip, so we made our way over to the Wine and Dine studio. Both of us got the Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese. It was really good, and included one of my favorite wines, Conundrum! The cheeses paired really well and were all delicious.

DSC02837_zps358njomx.jpg

PA022853_zpsb0nde7vc.jpg

PA022854_zpsr5idxroc.jpg

By the time we finished up at Wine and Dine, it was a little after 7, so it was about time to head over to our entertainment for the night, Jellyrolls!

We love Jellyrolls and make a point to go at least once each vacation. This time was fantastic as always, we got a table right up front, and they played every song we requested! My mom did have one complaint, a lot of the songs they played she had never heard before! They did play a lot more new songs than they have in the past, but it didn’t bother me since I actually knew them, but I can see for someone who wants to sing along it would be annoying if you didn’t know the songs!

We wanted to stay until closing, but we had to wake up silly early the next morning to catch our flight home, so ended up heading out around 12:30. We’ve already planned for our next trip to do Jellyrolls in the middle of the trip and have the next day a rest day so we can close up the place!

The best thing about our room at the YC was it was SO close to Jellyrolls, so we were back in our room and in bed in a matter of minutes for our last sleep at the World. :(

Next up…Day 6 – the saddest part of the trip

I thought that the weather was oppressively hot and humid. Maybe it was because the hurricane was headed to Orlando. Or maybe it was just normal Florida, but it was as least as hot as our June trip.

Once through security my mom mentioned we should go do the Chase Character meet since we were there. So we made our way over, only to find the line was insane!!! It was a little after 1:00 at this point so it had only opened a few minutes earlier, but the line already wrapped its way throughout the whole building!
That is a crazy line. I wouldn't stand in it, either. We've had good luck when we go at the end of the evening, after 5 pm or later.

We eventually made it to the pool and it was packed! The only chairs we could find were the non-lounge chairs on the island in the middle of the lazy river. Good thing we were there to swim and not to lay out! We had a nice refreshing swim, and then decided we just HAD to get a sunken treasure because, well, when in Rome!
We went swimming at SAB that day, too, but it was later in the afternoon. I'm pretty aggressive about picking up towels off chairs that look abandoned and settling into those chairs. So far no one has come us to us to tell us that we stole their chairs.

Both of us got the Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese. It was really good, and included one of my favorite wines, Conundrum! The cheeses paired really well and were all delicious.
This looks really good. We've just discovered how good the cheese pairings are. The wine looks good, too.

We love Jellyrolls and make a point to go at least once each vacation.
We've never set foot in the place. I've heard a lot of good things about it, though. Some day we'll have to try it.

Last edited:
Day 6! Back to Reality :(

I totally dropped the ball finishing this trip report…oops! I figure since my next trip is coming up in just a few short months, I should really wrap this one up so I can start fresh for the new one!

My mom and I both had flights around 10AM, but for some odd reason they had put her on the ME bus an hour after mine. So first stop of the morning was the concierge desk to see if we could get her on the earlier bus with me. Fortunately, there was room, and soon we were out front waiting for the saddest bus ride of the trip.

We got to the bus stop about 15 minutes before it was supposed to arrive, so passed the time just observing the morning operations. A few minutes after we arrived, a CM pulled up to the ME sign in a golf cart, took out a ladder, and proceeded to put blank white boards on both sides of the sign, completely covering it up.

This concerned me slightly, so I went to talk to one of the CMs to see if they were moving the ME bus stop. He assured me that they weren’t, and they would tell him if they were. Feeling better I went back to wait for the bus with my mom.

Soon enough we saw the bus turn down the long driveway into the YC. We gathered up our luggage and got ready for our ride back to reality….until the bus slowed down and turned in front of the conference center! What!?!?!?

It quickly occurred to us that in the 15 minutes we had been waiting, they did in fact move the location of the bus stop!

We ended up sprinting down the pathway, luggage in tow, to get to the conference center hoping to get on that bus! That sprint felt like a mile, and I suddenly regretted all the souvenirs I had stuffed in my luggage!

Fortunately, we turned the corner around the conference center to see the bus still there waiting. Phew!

I mentioned to the bus driver that no one told us they moved the bus stop, and she confirmed even she didn’t know they moved it until a few minutes before she got there, so it had just changed. She did note however that since she figured people would be confused about this change, she was going to wait longer than usual.

Eventually we were on our way….to the BC, then the Boardwalk, then CB, then finally the airport! We got to the airport less than an hour before our flights, if my mom had stayed on her assigned ME bus, she would have certainly missed her flight!

We made it through security relatively fast, and were at our gates about 30 minutes before our flights. Just in time for boarding, yay! My mom and hugged goodbye, and made our way to our respective gates.

I had purchased the extra space seats on my JetBlue flight, so was in the boarding group right after people who needed additional help. Once those people were on board, it was my turn! I get on the plane only to find that the group who had been let on first were in my seat! So I tell the woman that she was in my seat, but she just stared back at me with a blank expression, apparently she didn’t speak English. The flight attendant came over at this point to as what was wrong, so I told him that there was someone in my seat. His response? “Oh, just go sit somewhere else.”

Um? Seriously, I paid extra to sit in the front row so I’d have more space AND be off the plane first! So I tell him this, so he tells me that I’d have to wait then to see if any other extra space seats were available.

This was 100% not acceptable, and I tell him this. Finally one of the woman in the group who were in the wrong seats spoke up and admitted they didn’t realize the seats were assigned, and thought they could sit wherever they wanted so just decided to sit in the front two rows!

Ugh.

The flight attendant finally at that point asked the person in my seat if they could move, but kept glaring at me as if I was the one in the wrong. It wasn’t like I was forcing the disabled persons in the group to move, he wasn’t the one in my seat, it was one of the younger members of that group that was! And it would be completely different if I hadn’t paid extra for that seat, but man, that flight attendant got a nasty review from me when I got home!

To make getting back to reality even more jarring, once we were all seated they announced the tvs on the flight weren’t working. Aw man, the magic from the past few days was fading fast! To make up for the tvs though, they were sending everyone on the flight a $25 voucher for a future flight!

Eventually we were flying, and after a quick flight and metro ride I was back home with my fur baby! He got his very own Mickey ice cream bar…

DugIcecream_zpsm5vzgg7m.jpg

Later that day I called my mom to tell her about my flight drama and to let her know about the voucher for the future trip. When she heard about the voucher her first reaction was, “maybe we should go back to Disney this year!”

Um? Seriously? YES!!!!! The Disney magic was back!

A few days later we were emailed the BB offer, which cemented our plans to return. Going to Disney twice in a matter of months is like winning the lottery!

Now back to planning the next trip!

Saw your TR on the Yacht and Beach Club board - thanks for sharing I have really enjoyed it as, strangely enough, my Mum and I will be doing that exact trip on almost the same dates this year! Can't wait. We were all in WDW for Flower and Garden this time last year too so I am sure you will have an amazing trip! Have fun!

Saw your TR on the Yacht and Beach Club board - thanks for sharing I have really enjoyed it as, strangely enough, my Mum and I will be doing that exact trip on almost the same dates this year! Can't wait. We were all in WDW for Flower and Garden this time last year too so I am sure you will have an amazing trip! Have fun!

Thanks! I'm so jealous you're going in September, I'm still trying to convince my mom we should go back this fall! As much as we enjoyed our trip this past week, we preferred September. The crowds were so much lighter in September than this past week, and we missed having all the special events like they do for Food and Wine.

Hope you have a fantastic trip this fall!

Thanks! I'm so jealous you're going in September, I'm still trying to convince my mom we should go back this fall! As much as we enjoyed our trip this past week, we preferred September. The crowds were so much lighter in September than this past week, and we missed having all the special events like they do for Food and Wine.

Hope you have a fantastic trip this fall!

Thank you! We can't wait. We do love Fall time at WDW too :) My husband and I Disneymooned in early Sept and that was great - so quiet! Mum and I just bought our MNSSHP tickets so we are super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter