We're Graduating High School, Spring Break - Mishaps, Mayhem & Magic! *COMLETE*SEE YA REAL SOON! 7/8

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
Hello All!:wave2: :welcome:to my first ever Trip Report!!!!:woohoo:

For all of those who followed me in my very short PTR (Found in my Signature), it's great to see you again, and for those who are new here on board - WELCOME! I am so glad to have you all here! :D

First of all let me introduce myself:
IMG_1796.jpg

This is me! My name is Alison. I am 18 years old and a huge Disney fan (which I bet most of you would say!::yes::). Between the movies, the music, the merchandise, and of course the parks, Disney is a HUGE part of my life. Disney World is my favorite place on this entire earth, and it holds a huge spot in my heart.

Some of my favorites...

Disney Movie(s): The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Up, Monsters Inc, Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs
Character(s): Mickey, Minnie, Snow White, Ariel, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell
Park: Magic Kingdom!
Ride(s)/Attraction(s): Peter Pan's Flight, SDMT, Splash Mtn, Wishes, Fantasmic
Disney Snack: DOLE WHIP!

Other things non Disney related that I enjoy are - Boy Meets World, The Goo Goo Dolls, U2, sushi, and iced Tea! :bitelip:

(For all you Boy Meets World fans out there...........)
Boy Epcot-600x441.jpg

:love::worship::love::worship::love::worship:

Anyways!

This trip marked my 9th trip to Disney. While I usually go with my family, this was my first trip with just friends.
We went From March 27th - April 3rd. It was during our Spring Break, and we were celebrating our graduation from high school! Now, this was also my frist time going to Disney World during Spring Break, and let me say, it was pretty hectic, manageable, but hectic! But before I get ahead of myself -

Let me introduce you to the rest of the party!

IMG_1783.JPG

This is Natalie! The last time she had been to Disney was when she was about 6, so she didn't remember too much.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride(s)/Attraction(s): Rockin Roller Coaster, Peter Pan's Flight, Wishes
Character: Mulan

IMG_1771.jpg
This is Kellyann! As you can see she is a ballerina ::yes::

This was KellyAnn's first time at Disney World. She had also wanted to go, but never had the chance to. She was very excited for the trip, but also didn't know what to expect.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride: Peter Pan, Space Mountain, RckinRC, Fantasmic
Character: TinkerBell (More on that later)::yes::
IMG_1906.jpg
On the right you will see Danielle! Danielle had only been to Disney once as well, when she was 5, so she also didn't really know what to expect.

Parks: Magic Kingdom & EPCOT
Ride(s)/Atrraction(s): Space Mtn, Rockin' Roller Coaster, 7DMT, Peter Pan
Character: Goofy, Mulan, Snow White
View attachment 109255

IMG_1915.jpg
This is Caroline. Before our trip, her last trip to Disney had been when she was 11, so there was plenty of new things for her to see as well. ***This is not really important information for the TR, but just some info, we aren't really good friends anymore...it was a lot of things, not from the trip at all, we just learned we really weren't working anymore.***

Park(s): Magic Kingdom
Ride(s): RRC, IASW:cutie:, Splash Mtn
Character(s): Chip & Dale, Donald, Daisy, Belle

IMG_0233.JPG
This is Alessa! The last time she was at Disney she was about 12, so she had been there most recently out of everyone, except me. Alessa was probably the most excited and into the planning pocess for the trip. She would give me suggestions and was always the one to talk to me about every single detail.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride(s)/Attraction(s): RnRc, ToT, Space Mtn, Peter Pan
Charcter: Minnie & Snow White

So that was the group! Something to keep in mind for this TR, not everyone in this group was very close at the beginning of this trip. They used to be, but just because of growing apart and such, this occured. I can explain more of that later... lol Let's just say, I am the "neutral" one, and I was in the middle, not in a bad way.

I was also the "Mom" on the trip...which I am sometimes called in everyday life :flower:

Now, where did we stay on this extravaganza?!

IMG_2075.jpg

Disney's Art of Animation Resort! :love::love::love:

Even though I had visited the resort before this was all of our first time staying in the resort, so we were so excited!

After months of planning, our trip was finally happening. The night before, I was receiving last minute text messages, calls, and questions about packing, the trip, everything! At around 11pm everyone calmed down and finally had sweet dreams.

Overall, we were so excited..... because.....

WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Up next - Departure Day!

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Chapters:

Welcome & Introductions!

Day 1 - We Can Fly! - but not through check in!

Day 2 - BEST DAY EVER!
DAY 3 - "ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE", EVEN WITHOUT VISITING THE PARKS!
Day 4 - "Thrills, Chills and Long Lines Await!"

Day 5 - "Have a Wild Time!"
Day 6 - Around the World in 12 Hours:
Day 7 - Our Last Full Day:
Day 8 - Saying Goodbye...
Wrap Up Post: here

LIFE UPDATES!:

- Life Update #1 (Posted 11/30/15) ALADDIN ON BROADWAY!
- Life Update #2 (Posted 4/14/16) MY SPRING BREAK ADVENTURES
  • Part 1 - The Departure
  • Part 2 - NYC Adventures
  • Part 3 - NYC Adventures Continued/Random Fun Stuff
  • Part 4 - Random/Fun Stuff Continued
-Life Update #3 (Posted 3/27/16) - EASTER/COMPUTER TROUBLES/ 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Last edited:

Day 1 - Part 1
We Can Fly!

Today was the day! We were going to Disney World! After spending months working out butts off, it was finally time for us seniors to have a week full of fun!

I woke up that morning, excited but a bit nervous. I just wanted a good trip, and hoped everything would go well. I packed my last minute items into my luggage.

Here is my luggage for the trip!
IMG_0031.jpg
The suitcase on the right is a Disney Parks suitcase. It has Mickey Mouse cartoons all over it, many of you have probably seen it in the parks. It is a great suitcase, I love it!:cloud9: That is the carry on size, which was practically empty going to Disney. I saved that room for souvenirs, which I would get plenty of......::yes:: :thumbsup2

I also had my Minnie Mouse backpack all ready! It may look like its just a stuffed animal you can wear on your back, but let me tell you, that thing can fit a good amount of stuff! I am able to fit, My Iphone 6, a small wallet, my autograph book (a must!:goodvibes), a pen, Chapstick, tissues, sunglasses, and even some more! I have had it for about 10 years and it is my one and only park bag when I go to Disney!
FullSizeRender.jpg
You can't see it very well, but I was also rocking my classic Mickey Tee, I figured it was good for the occasion!:woohoo:

My friends were coming to my house around 10:45.
We were flying out of John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). This was not my ideal airport to fly out of, becuase it was a little out of the way for us, but since we were flying during Spring Break, a very popular time for travel in the US, I had to find the best rate possible - which was JFK! We used JetBlue for the flight. That is pretty much the only airline I use, I love their service and always seem to have great flights!
Our flight was not until around 2:30 pm, but my friends and I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get settled at the airport, and not rush once we arrived. We also wanted to make some time in case there was traffic.

Right before we were about to leave, I had to get a picture of the 6 of us!
IMG_0036.jpg
Happy girls ready for Disney, with my suitcase in front of us!:rotfl:

***From left to right*** (Natalie, KellyAnn, Alessa, Danielle, Me, and Caroline)

After our picture was taken, we were off on the road to the airport!
The drive was quiet, and no traffic, so that was good thing!:thumbsup2 It took us maybe about 30 mins to get there. So we were there by like 12 ish. We checked in, and then headed over to security. Kellyann and Alessa both had JetBlue Pre-Check because they were apart of the TruBlue program. Caroline also randomly got pre-check. No big deal!

So Alessa, Kellyann, and Caroline all went into the Pre-check line, while Natalie, Danielle, and I went in the regular line. Both lines weren't too long, so we al got through security in no time!

By this point we went over to the JetBlue terminal in JFK, which is so nice! There are so many great shops and eateries all around! As it turned out, we left probably much earlier then we should have. As it was only about 12:30ish when we sat down at the terminal. We had less then 2 hours to go until we started boarding.
Most of us were hungry since it was lunch time, so half went to go get food. When they came back I went for a walk. Then we all just hung out at the terminal waiting for our plane.
The plane had no delays so we were happy!

While there I saw a Dylan's candy bar - yum!:goodvibes
IMG_0038.jpg

Our plane (I think lol!) :rotfl:
IMG_0040.jpg
Not the best quality, but some candid shots!

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

After much waiting, we finally boarded the plane!

IMG_0048.jpg

Minnie and I were very excited to go home! :goodvibes

IMG_0056.jpg

Minnie looking out the window :rotfl:

(continuation in the next post)

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4

Day 1 - Part 1 (continuation)
We can fly!

Very soon, I saw this on my screen!

IMG_0053.jpg
We were in Florida!

Once we had landed, I was freaking out, we were actually in Orlando!:jumping1:
After a quick bathroom break, we headed over to the fake-o-rail to go fetch our luggage. Then we headed over to a very special bus - Disney's Magical Express!
(I knew we would all want our bags right away, so instead of putting the tags on our luggage for DME to pick it up, I figured it was easier to do it ourselves!)
Not going with my Disney instincts, I disappointedly listened to my friends on where to go to for the bus. :confused3 Mouseketeers, ALWAYS go with your instinct! ::yes::
After finally going to right way, we saw the lovely sign for Disney's Magical Express!

We got in this lovely line!
IMG_0064.jpg

And within 5 minutes, we saw this beautiful form of transportation!
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg

It's so magical! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

We got on the bus in no time, bags and everything were safely on the bottom of the bus. (Yes, I did give the driver a tip!) We had a very relaxing ride!

The overall experience with DME was great! My family usually rents a car when we go to Disney, but I knew my friends and I wouldn't want to drive in Disney, so DME was a great option for us! I would definitely use it again in the future!

Not the best shot, but I had the biggest smile on my face when we passed this beautiful sign!
IMG_0068.jpg

Since my friends and I were staying at AoA, we were dropped off first!

Again not the best picture but still very exciting!
IMG_0070.jpg

We got off the DME, grabbed our bags, and walked into our new home for the next week. We got on the check out line, and weren't prepared for the mayhem that was going to happen next! :scared1:

Coming up soon: Day 2 - What's NOT supposed to happen when you check into a Disney resort! :eek::eek::eek:

Ok, I'm playing catch up on the Dis right now, but I just wanted to say hi real quick and let you know I'm here and ready to read along!

I know I can't wait! Part of it is actually a belated high school graduation celebration for my cousin who I'm going with. We get back just in time for her to start university!

AWESOME! I wish you and your cousin an amazing and magical trip! :goodvibes

Ok... I'm back and finally read through the updates.

I was also the "Mom" on the trip...which I am sometimes called in everyday life :flower:
I guess somebody always has to be the responsible one.

(I knew we would all want our bags right away, so instead of putting the tags on our luggage for DME to pick it up, I figured it was easier to do it ourselves!)
I like this plan. I'd want to do the same thing rather than wait around for bags to show up eventually. I guess it all depends. Maybe if I was doing DME and going straight to the parks I'd let them deal with it, but I tend to be anxious about making sure my bags come off the belt at the airport before I want to leave!

The overall experience with DME was great! My family usually rents a car when we go to Disney, but I knew my friends and I wouldn't want to drive in Disney,
Um... you probably weren't old enough to rent one anyway. :rolleyes1

Looks like a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing what's not supposed to happen when you check in... :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter