We're Going To Disney, But It's Our Little Secret

Okay, so if I'm living vicariously through this PTR, then what am I to do between posts??? :confused3 I tried finding more stuff that I can go ahead and pack - notta! I tried double-checking our itenerary spreadsheet for needed changes - we both know it's perfect! . . . so here I am re-reading all the posts and dreaming of the day that you'll post " Tomorrow we leave for Disney!!! . . . sigh . . .

Okay, so I guess I'm over my "poor little me who has to wait 25 whole days to go to Disney World with free dining and deluxe upgrade with her 8 most favorite people in the world . . ." I guess I don't have much grounds for a pity party do I???? :rolleyes1 Good night DBFF! :hug:

Your surprise plan sounds great!!!

We are also surprising our kids with our October trip! We are telling them the night before we leave, with a scavenger hunt. They know we are going "when Andrew is in 3rd grade and Adam is in 1st", but they are SURE we are going in March. So, it will be quite a surprise!

I can't wait to see the video of you telling them :)

Your plans sound great - can't wait to read more!

Your surprise plan sounds great!!!

We are also surprising our kids with our October trip! We are telling them the night before we leave, with a scavenger hunt. They know we are going "when Andrew is in 3rd grade and Adam is in 1st", but they are SURE we are going in March. So, it will be quite a surprise!

I can't wait to see the video of you telling them :)

Your plans sound great - can't wait to read more!

A scavenger hunt will be so fun! My kids think that we are going when my youngest is in Kindergarten, which is a whole year from now! I can't wait to surprise them! I'll send a little pixie dust your way that you are able to carry out your plan as well!!! pixiedust: Keep us updated!!!:)

:) Ok just a quick update. I told the kids yesterday about having to take their "Nana" to the airport for her trip in a few weeks! :lmao: They totally bought it....hook, line and sinker!!! :thumbsup2 They are also under the impression that DBFF and her family are flying out of Baton Rouge :confused3 Ohhh, I can't wait!!!! The only one I was really worried about telling was my DS8. He is a thinker and figures things out. It helps that my MIL is going to be playing along for the surprise! :goodvibes

I just had to share! 24 more days!!!!

Yay for the Nana plan!!!! :cool1: I hope Peyton doesn't overthink the whole thing and catch on. He shouldn't though since now he thinks we're flying about of Baton Rouge. Maybe he won't put 2 and 2 together????:confused:

Loving your TR. Can't wait for more!!

Thanks so much for reading!!!!:goodvibes

I'm enjoying it so far! Can't wait to read more!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! I am glad that you are enjoying it! I have another update coming soon with a few pics :)

I love the video! Your ADR's are making me hungry!

Me too! I am very excited about having the DDDP this time! I can't wait to try all those new to us restaurants! :thumbsup2

Yay for the Nana plan!!!! :cool1: I hope Peyton doesn't overthink the whole thing and catch on. He shouldn't though since now he thinks we're flying about of Baton Rouge. Maybe he won't put 2 and 2 together????:confused:

Hehe, the "Nana Plan". That cracked me up! Yes, I too am hoping that he doesn't figure it all out. I would be so disappointed! Oh and my kids are so sad that ya'll are going that they asked if ya'll could bring them back souviners! :rotfl:

Hehe, the "Nana Plan". That cracked me up! Yes, I too am hoping that he doesn't figure it all out. I would be so disappointed! Oh and my kids are so sad that ya'll are going that they asked if ya'll could bring them back souviners! :rotfl:

I don't think I could listen to Emma and Syd's little sweet girly voices putting in souvenier requests without scooping them up and telling them that it's all okay and they can just come too! :rotfl: Too funny!!!!! Did they happen to mention what kind of souveniers they wanted? Just curious as to what they saw last time that they remember wanting - since ALL Bo talks about is how he doesn't even have a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal!!!!! I know, we're the meanest parents on the face of the earth, right? :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading!!! :goodvibes

Anytime they ask why I am looking at WDW stuff, I tell them I am just helping DBFF (Aunt Melonie) plan their trip. They get the longest faces with the saddest little looks. It kills me, but it's worth it!!!! :thumbsup2

I love it- but, it is sad. But, always remember - it will be so worth it to see the looks on their faces!!!!! Your plan for the surprise sounds like it will go very smoothly. Just remember, when you feel weak - You can pull this off! It's so tempting at times to let it sneak out. Just stay off the phone with Disney when the kids are around. I've been caught a couple of times humming Disney songs after gettting off of hold.

You have some great ADRs and it's so neat that all of you adults are such great friends. One day we'll do HDDR - I've heard it's great. Are you going to tell the kids about which ADRs you have or are you going to surprise them each day? That's my next decision to make about our surprises.

:goodvibes
I love it- but, it is sad. But, always remember - it will be so worth it to see the looks on their faces!!!!! Your plan for the surprise sounds like it will go very smoothly. Just remember, when you feel weak - You can pull this off! It's so tempting at times to let it sneak out. Just stay off the phone with Disney when the kids are around. I've been caught a couple of times humming Disney songs after gettting off of hold.

You have some great ADRs and it's so neat that all of you adults are such great friends. One day we'll do HDDR - I've heard it's great. Are you going to tell the kids about which ADRs you have or are you going to surprise them each day? That's my next decision to make about our surprises.

I know in the end it will be worth it, but it sure is hard sometimes. Me and DH and DBFF have to talk in code around the kids. So far it has worked, lol! :thumbsup2 I am so ready to get it over with though. We have gone this long and I would just DIE if they found out now!!:eek:

I am really excited about our ADR's too! That is a good question about keeping that a surprise too. That may be fun too!!!

:woohoo: Ok, quickie update. No real new info to share. I started putting somethings in a suitcase. Kind of gathering of items, lol. This process is especially hard when they don't know anything about the trip! :)

While my DS8 and DD5 were at school and DD4 was occupied :)

008.jpg

009.jpg

I took my camera, sneaked into my room and snapped a few pics. This is what I have so far:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

I sooo loved getting this packet in the mail!!! It makes the trip seems so much closer! :wizard: :cool1:
006.jpg

Luggage tag still on the suitcase from last trip :)

007.jpg

Well, that's all for now. I will update more soon!!! 23 Days to go!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got to start packing!!!! (Even if you do have to lock yourself in your room and hide stuff under the bed) :lmao: Oh, and love all your goodies - did you find any cool stuff at Walgreens today?

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got to start packing!!!! (Even if you do have to lock yourself in your room and hide stuff under the bed) :lmao: Oh, and love all your goodies - did you find any cool stuff at Walgreens today?

The Walgreens in Gonzales is CRAPPY, they didn't have anything :confused3 Guess I see a visit to CVS in the future! ;)

Since I am pretty caught up on my PTR, I figure there is only one way to pass the time.....Posting some of my favorite memories from past trips should do the trick! Hope you enjoy!!

This is from our first trip in March 2006. DH had been to WDW a few times growing up, but I never made it. We were supposed to chaperone a trip for his sister's senior trip, but I found out that I was pregnant with DS so we had to cancel. It just wasn't the right time to take a trip and I was nervous with it being my first pregnancy and all. The first time I was able to go was when we took our kiddos in 2006. It was so EXCITING!!! :)

This is DS Peyton on his first WDW bus to MK!!

l_746fcd06b3c576e083e7dd0bff730bdb.jpg

This is the 1st pic I took at MK! Cinderella Castle!!! It was so beautiful, I got all teary eyed :goodvibes

l_ecf766a16452e78b12b6ad6fc73bdc21.jpg

This is DH and DS in 2006 our first trip. This was the first thing he wanted to do!

l_16321c73c2b0cfa5b38d7cb8dfc40654.jpg

DH and DD Emma, waitng in line for IASW, our 1st ride in 2006!

l_35a24c85168f51032c7c02197cdd092c.jpg

My little DD Sydney - Her 1st time in Minnie's House! She turned 2 while we were there!

l_700a1123dc5985c8fc4db0b2ba129133.jpg

The is DD Emma the first time she saw Cinderella. It was during the afternoon parade. Can't you just see the amazement on her face :goodvibes

l_a66a54998be2a78e9e659f8f59b494c7.jpg

DD Sydney with her 1st frozen lemonade in MGM!

l_6a412cd95e6a4dda23038791e407ccd4.jpg

Cont. in next post.......:)

Here are some of my favorites from our Thanksgiving trip 2007. I loved seeing the castle and everything lit up for Christmas, but I personally would not go again. Waaaayyy too crowded for us!!!! ;)

Here is my family with my Mom & Dad at the MGM Spectacle of Dancing lights. It was amazing. We really enjoyed it. Too bad the weather wasn't cooler, lol!

l_585cdcc15fabaa775473f465dbb93cc7.jpg

DS Peyton vs The Beverly at Club Cool! :lmao:

l_6f31e16492e9c2a91f6f7bb9ca676b72.jpg

My girls bowling at POP! They loved it, and they even gave out little prizes. Just a little Disney Magic :wizard:

l_f49b32e5c8a898769db112785b515198.jpg

I love this one. I told DH he looks like a Princess security guard. Here he is carrying DD Sydney after a long day in MK!

l_501f76036ea1fdef3cdcda350ce240-1.jpg

DD Emma with my Dad at Crystal Palace breakfast

l_189e2cc66b8de45bcbdbcea020d67b69.jpg

My girls with Belle at Akershus Princess Lunch

l_b9dd2a69d9b8968d2d39c36d145e1810.jpg

My kiddos got to open the HDDR show! They were so excited :yay: So was I!!! They announced them by name and where we were from and they got to ring the "dinner bell" for the doors to open! It was a great moment!

l_42afd171c248a9a9a09e9b77ffdce443.jpg

They each got a Magical Moment certificate. Here is DD Sydney with hers!

l_8cb762a4ce1a0dabeefe56fb8253a7c0.jpg

DH and his friend, lol :rotfl:

l_49df31dc8daeeaa6dfb16f7d6c8d3614.jpg

DH and DS playing around

l_61f44d99dbb9ef7c52c4b5735eae6ddd.jpg

Zourg Jail!

l_66c130f97d2c8b2f618b8192b5056ef4.jpg

I think that is all for now. Hope you enjoy the pics! :goodvibes Stay tuned!

I love all the pics!!!!!!!!!! Can't get over how little they were that first trip! And OMG Syd's legs - I so miss toddler legs! :goodvibes Where does the time go? :confused3

I love all the pics!!!!!!!!!! Can't get over how little they were that first trip! And OMG Syd's legs - I so miss toddler legs! :goodvibes Where does the time go? :confused3

I know! Isn't it sad...they grow so fast!!!Oh and you made me laugh outloud.....Sydney has the chunkiest (sp?) toddler legs, the ones you just wanted to squeeze! :goodvibes

I know! Isn't it sad...they grow so fast!!!Oh and you made me laugh outloud.....Sydney has the chunkiest (sp?) toddler legs, the ones you just wanted to squeeze! :goodvibes

Yep! Those are the legs I'm talking about - both of my kids had them and some days I just wish I could have them back at that age for the day. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter