*I'm Back!* We're getting married..at Disney World!!! Jeff & Kathy's PJ! UPDATE: Let's Party! (9/18)

An Irish Dinner

I checked us in and we waited about 10 minutes before we were called to our table. We had a table in the corner to the right of the main stage. It was probably one of the worst tables since we could only see the corner of the main stage, but it was alright, we could move if we wanted to see. We started off with some beer and cider!

Mary chose to create her own beer flight. She really liked her choices. Jeff and I both got a cider, and my dad chose a red ale. All choices were great. We decided to start with a couple orders of the Dalky Duo

My dad had these the last time we came and we all thought they were really good. I mean how can you go wrong with fried sausage and a mustard type dipping sauce?! You can’t. Next up were our entrees. I started off the with the shepards pie.

I had this the last time and really enjoyed it. I love a good shepards pie. They asked if I wanted cheese on top and I said sure. I’ve been to England before and I remember my host mom putting like shredded cheese on top, so I was expecting it the same way. Nope it was just a slice of cheese, I think provolone. I did not care for it but luckily I could easily pull it off and enjoy the goodness of potatoes and meat! Jeff chose the pie of the day

The pie of the day was Chicken. It looked really good with a flakey crust. He really enjoyed this, he said it was super hot to start with but once it cooled down it was very good. My dad and Mary chose the ham.

They both thought it was very good. This is not quite what we were expecting for ham, this is more of a pork loin. The portion size was huge! Mary wasn’t able to finish hers, but my dad found his way around his.

We decided to pass on dessert even though Raglan Road has a very good dessert menu. We enjoy watching tables order the bread pudding for each person at the table, then watching their faces when it come out! We had it the last time and it was soooo good, but even between 3 of us we couldn’t eat half of it. Tonight we had other plans :) So we made slowly made our way to our next destination.

Il Vivoli is a gelato shop out of Florence, Italy. Mary had heard of it before, and we were a little sad we didn’t know about it when we were actually in Florence. But since it was opening at Downtown Disney we were excited to try it! When we passed earlier there was no one in line, but it was a different story this time. The line wasn’t terribly long but it was a little outside the door (the inside isn’t very big to begin with). Once you get up to the register you place your order; you don’t tell them what flavors you want yet you just have to say what size and whether you want a cup or cone. You will pick your flavors after. They also had some cookies/pastries in the case.

We all decided on a small cup. You can get more than one flavor in your cup, I think it’s usually about 2 for a small, 3 for a medium, and I have no clue for a large haha. You can also sample flavors if you would like. I had my eye on a caramel, but sadly my dad ordered his cup before me and finished off the caramel. I was able to taste his though and it was very good!

Jeff chose chocolate and banana, the guy helping us asked if he wanted to try the banana first but he said no, he’d just go with it lol. He loves the combination of chocolate, banana, and peanut butter.

Mary went with her perennial favorite, stracciatella (chocolate chip) and pistachio. She loves this combination and was very happy with her choice.

Since I had planned to get caramel and they were out, I had to decide something else. I decided to go with stracciatella and strawberry. The fruit gelatos are similar to sorbets. I enjoyed the combination together.

Afterwards, we stopped and picked up a few things we had seen earlier that we wanted to get, and then headed back to the room. We had a busy day ahead of us the next day! It was our planning session!

couple orders of the Dalky Duo

That looks really good. I wish I could go there with a group of people and share a few of the apps...I never have room myself to have both an app and an entree but the apps always sound so good. I may just make a meal out of those next time lol

I started off the with the shepards pie.

Looks really good. Weird what they did with the cheese but...good thing it was easily remedied.

He loves the combination of chocolate, banana, and peanut butter.

I agree - that sounds delish.

I decided to go with stracciatella and strawberry.

That sounds really good too.

I love the food and atmosphere at Raglan Road. And that gelato place looks really good too. At least somewhat authentic too.

Ragland road and gelato looks great! I have been debating between Raglan Road and Rose & Crown for our next trip. Looking forward to hearing about the planning session!

Awww, I really hope you can work some Spitsville into your wedding weekend, especially considering how bowling played such a big part in your relationship! I think that would be so sweet! :lovestruc

Yummmmm Raglan Road! That's one of our favorites that's kind of fallen by the wayside in our quest to try new places. Your photos make me think we're due for another visit!

That gelato place looks fabulous - I'm glad to know you can try multiple flavors in one cup! We're hoping to go to The Boathouse for lunch next trip so I think I've picked our dessert spot!!

That looks really good. I wish I could go there with a group of people and share a few of the apps...I never have room myself to have both an app and an entree but the apps always sound so good. I may just make a meal out of those next time lol

Looks really good. Weird what they did with the cheese but...good thing it was easily remedied.

I agree - that sounds delish.

That sounds really good too.

I love the food and atmosphere at Raglan Road. And that gelato place looks really good too. At least somewhat authentic too.

We just got one Dalky Duo for the three of us, and my dad ended up eating 5 of them, there are 9 pieces. But it is delicious! So was gelato, it was definitely authentic gelato!

Ragland road and gelato looks great! I have been debating between Raglan Road and Rose & Crown for our next trip. Looking forward to hearing about the planning session!

Oh man thats a tough decision! I like both places a lot! I'm working on the planning session update, hopefully I'll get at least some of it up tomorrow!

Awww, I really hope you can work some Spitsville into your wedding weekend, especially considering how bowling played such a big part in your relationship! I think that would be so sweet! :lovestruc

Yummmmm Raglan Road! That's one of our favorites that's kind of fallen by the wayside in our quest to try new places. Your photos make me think we're due for another visit!

That gelato place looks fabulous - I'm glad to know you can try multiple flavors in one cup! We're hoping to go to The Boathouse for lunch next trip so I think I've picked our dessert spot!!

I really hope we can too! I would love to at least bowl 1 game there. If not everyone, just the 2 of us would be fine with me. The food there looks pretty good too!

We love Raglan Road too, but its so hard to add new places and keep all the other yummy places! Theres too many good places to eat at Disney! A trip to the gelato place is a must! I would love to eat at Boathouse but again it comes down to finding the time! haha

Love the ham at Raglan Road! So much so, that I already know I'm going to order it when we are there in December (I typically don't order duplicate meals, there's too much good stuff to try!

I was at the gelato place visiting my bff the other week. It was yummy!!! And so many choices! I could have eaten the whole store. LOL

I've never been to Ragland Road, wanna go.

Love the ham at Raglan Road! So much so, that I already know I'm going to order it when we are there in December (I typically don't order duplicate meals, there's too much good stuff to try!

I try to get something different but most of the time if I find something I like I want it again! :rotfl:

I love Raglan Road! I've only been there a couple times, but the food has always been good there.

It is a very good place to eat. We enjoy it. This time our table wasn't the greatest but someone has to have the bad table right?

I was at the gelato place visiting my bff the other week. It was yummy!!! And so many choices! I could have eaten the whole store. LOL

I've never been to Ragland Road, wanna go.

I agree all the flavors sounded good! I would definitely recommend Raglan Road!

It's Planning Session day!! Part 1

We woke up this morning excited to get to our planning session (me probably more than Jeff). Our session started at 9, so we decided to stop for breakfast before. Since we were staying at the Polynesian we of course went to Captain Cooks!

Jeff and I again decided to go the pastry route for breakfast. We like our carbs apparently!

Jeff chose the cheese Danish which is always a good choice! I went with the classic cinnamon roll. I popped it in the microwave for a few seconds which makes it even better. Mary and my dad decided to go with more savory options.

Mary went with the breakfast burrito which consisted of eggs (lots of them as you can see), bacon, and cheese.

My dad chose the breakfast sandwich. This was a croissant with eggs, cheese, and bacon. We all wish sausage was an option...being Midwesterners we enjoy our sausage! They shared both. Mary really liked that the burrito came with a side of salsa. Both were very good.
After eating we tried to kill a bit of time but didn't have much luck so we slowly started walking over to Franks! I was soooo excited!

We made it! Mary was smart and decided to make us take a couple pictures before we went inside.

The last one was a bit of a fail :rotfl: I think I was just too excited! We walked inside and they were ready for us. We were finally meeting Carol! She showed us to the room we would be spending our planning time in.

I was very excited to plan, but going in I didn't really have any set ideas of what I wanted. I had a few ideas but not many. We started out going over a few details. Carol said this was usually the time she tells brides they need to work on filling their room block but at this point we are over our room block rooms so that wasn't something we needed to discuss! A lot of ours is family and my dad can be a bit intimidating when he needs to be :)

It's been a while now so I can't remember the order of what we went over, so I'll just kinda go with it. We talked about the welcome party. We are going to have it at the Marina at the Grand Floridian. We decided to have them pipe in the music. We also went over our menu:

• Slider burgers
  • Almond crusted cheesecake from Narcossees
  • Banoffee tart from f&w Scotland booth
  • Sundae bar
At this point the cheesecake was somewhat tentative, based on whether Jeff liked it at the tasting or not. But spoiler alert, it's staying! :rotfl2:

We decided to have a bar at the dessert party so we picked that. We are having the party from 8-10 instead of like 8:45-9:45. But we will only have the bar available for an hour and a half, they'll stop once the fireworks start. While we were talking about the bar we discussed the bar for the reception as well.

Next, went over the ceremony order. We discussed our unity ceremony which we haven't set in stone yet but I saw someone on here found the lovelocks and I think we are going to do something similar to this.

Next, we moved onto the reception. We decided to have a head table, with 6 big rounds on the floor and use the remaining tables on the second floor for seating. We'll need about 21 tables total. We decided to name them based on the rides at Disney. We would talk more about that later. Then, we started discussing style of cake we wanted. Jeff and I liked the mad hatter style but that was about as much as we knew. Carol showed us some examples and we chose this one.

We are going with pretty much this look. The stripes and the diamonds will be in jade. The middle layer, you can't tell from the picture, has silver swirls which we will have as well but some will be hidden Mickeys. The flowers will be fuchsia. For our toppers we chose the Mickey ears. Bride ears will be white, grooms will be silver. Not long after this our cake tasting arrived!

For cakes we tasted lemon, marble, yellow, and chocolate. For icing we chose strawberry mousse, Bavarian cream, amaretto crunch, and peanut butter. We were of course brought a cup of butter cream and the cake to the side was almond cake with amaretto icing.

Carol left the room while we were tasting so we had some time alone to discuss what we thought of the toppings. None of us were fans of the amaretto crunch so that was out. Jeff's a big peanut butter fan but thought the peanut butter itself was a bit much. As an alternative if we wanted a peanut butter icing, Carol suggested the peanut butter cup. She said it was one of her favorites. For our layers we chose

• Top layer ("anniversary" layer):Yellow with Amaretto Mousse
  • Middle layer: Yellow with Peanut Butter Cup
  • Bottom layer: Red Velvet with Cream Cheese
  • Sheet cake: Marble with Amaretto Mousse
We ended up really liking the amaretto mousse, which is one I had thought about trying but decided to try the amaretto crunch. I'm so glad it was the icing on the slice of cake! We decided on the marble because it is a family favorite. And of course you can't go wrong with red velvet cake.

Alright, I am going to stop here because this is getting long, but next up our floral planner arrives!

Yummmm breakfast carbs. That burrito looks good, even though that is a LOT of egg! I guess that's better than no egg!

I love your adorable Franck's pictures! So cute :)

I love the lovelocks idea!! Just like that super romantic bridge in France (which I heard you can't do anymore :( ) I think it's so sweet!

Yummm cake - love your choices!

I agree, that wasn't a long enough post. You're mean keeping us hanging. LOL

Amaretto is a sweet spot for me. Although I don't think it would go well with Peanut Butter, as that's my husbands favorite.

Yummmm cake! And that Love Lock thing is super cute! Can't wait to hear more about your planning session/tasting.

That cake was all so good! But the amaretto was amazing! I can't wait to eat it in a couple months! For the love lock I was thinking about finding a cute quote and making a board of our own, but I need to get on that! I just keep adding to my to do list!

That wasn't too long at all! Can't wait for more. :)

Haha I'm sorry! I write it in google docs then transfer over and it seemed really long on there, like 2 pages long. There will be more soon!

Yummmm breakfast carbs. That burrito looks good, even though that is a LOT of egg! I guess that's better than no egg!

I love your adorable Franck's pictures! So cute :)

I love the lovelocks idea!! Just like that super romantic bridge in France (which I heard you can't do anymore :( ) I think it's so sweet!

Yummm cake - love your choices!

I think I took a bite of the burrito and it was really good, I love eggs so lots of eggs is alright by me!

Haha thanks! I was totally laughing in the kissing picture.

I like the love lock too, the only downside is it will take all of about 2 seconds to do. So no song or anything. I heard they took down the bridge too and won't be letting people do it anymore. The weight of all the locks was pushing the bridge down which just sounds crazy! That's a lot of locks!

I can't wait for all of our food on the wedding day! I might have a food baby by the end of the night!

Great update! Loving following along.

Thanks for following along! There will be more to share in the next, especially more wedding food!

I agree, that wasn't a long enough post. You're mean keeping us hanging. LOL

Amaretto is a sweet spot for me. Although I don't think it would go well with Peanut Butter, as that's my husbands favorite.

Lol I'm so sorry! I write in google docs and on there it seemed pretty long so o decided to cut it there, I'm working on the next post which should go up tomorrow with lots more planning! I wasn't trying to be mean haha

Peanut butter is DF's favorite too! He loves it! We are having both so we'll both be happy :) just don't put them together and it works haha

Mary was smart and decided to make us take a couple pictures before we went inside.

Duh, well of course :)) Glad you did though...you look so happy and excited!

And of course you can't go wrong with red velvet cake.

That is my absolute fave. I could eat the whole cake. But I do love the presentation of the tasting...all the cute little pieces of cake and tubs of icing...I'm such a sucker for that stuff lol

It's Planning Session day! Part 2

I am so sorry it took me so long to post this! I had every intention of getting this typed up and posted on Thursday but my sister came into town on Wednesday night for the bridal shower and bachelorette party this past weekend. We were busy getting things ready and when we weren't we both just wanted to relax and watch some tv. So with all the craziness of the weekend you had to wait, but I am working on the next one as well so hopefully you will have 2 updates to read! Now without further ado, part 2 of our planning session!

Soon after deciding our cakes our wonderful floral planner arrived! Her name was Sarah and we had just as much fun with her as we did Carol. We started off by discussing what we wanted for personal floral. I already knew I wanted to carry stargazer lilies so we talking about what type of bouquet I wanted to have. I wasn’t sure when she asked if I wanted a round or loose bouquet but after she showed me a few different ones, I chose a round bouquet. It will be a mix of stargazer lilies and hot pink roses with greenery accents. There will be some crystals with of course a hidden Mickey! My bouquet will be wrapped in a jade ribbon.

My bridesmaids will be carrying a small bouquet of stargazer lilies with some filler greens. Mary, my MoH will have some crystals with a hidden Mickey, the rest of the bridesmaids will not. Their bouquets will be wrapped in fuchsia ribbon.

For the boys, Jeff will have an ivory rose with a Mickey. The groomsmen will all have a hot pink rose, with just the best man having a Mickey. Our 2 ring bearers will be wearing hot pink spray roses. Jeff’s uncle (our officiant) and my dad will both also be wearing an ivory rose with a Mickey. So anyone who has an important role in the wedding will have a Mickey. We then started to discuss what my flower girl would carry. Sarah started showing us a few options and we knew instantly we found the one!

My sister and I saw this and instantly gasped! It is just too cute! She will have a combination of hot pink and ivory spray roses with a fuchsia ribbon. I sent a picture to her mom and she loved it as well! Next up, was to discuss the ceremony. We are going fairly simple here.

We are going to do similar to this picture, only instead of the wreath we are going to do small flower balls. We are also going to have a mix of ivory and pink rose petals in a swirl pattern down the aisle. There will be some swag tied to the chairs with small clusters of pink and white roses attached where the drapping attaches to chairs. For our chairs, we chose the white garden folding chairs. I am really excited for the next element we chose. Since we will be getting married in the afternoon, we know it will probably be fairly warm. So to help shade the guests, we are going to have parasols for the women. Mary came up with a great idea to have 50 white parasols and 10 pink, to have just a bit of pop. I think it will look great in pictures! Carol has already said she will make sure it all looks balanced!

Then it was time to move onto the reception space! We decided to go with minimal decorations for the cocktail hour since people will only be there for a short amount of time. We discussed ideas for the table names. We told Sarah we wanted to name the tables by rides so she showed us a few things they could do and I LOVED these small signs.

They are just too cute! And this ride also happens to be Jeff’s moms favorite ride. So we will have a mix of jade and fuchsia with coordinating ribbons at the top of the sign. Since we were talking about rides Carol was telling us we would have to decide rides and we figured out we would have 21 tables. She started to say that she wasn’t sure how many rides there were but hopefully there were enough. My lovely sister chimmed in and says “There are 35 rides in Disney World so we’re good”. You should have seen the look they gave her! I think around this point is when they realized just how big of Disney fans we are!

So having decided table names, we needed to decide our escort cards. This is one that Jeff actually chose. Carol had given us a few ideas earlier, and when we were taking a bathroom break he looked around Francks. She had said something about different chocolate options, and Jeff really liked that idea.

SCOl9uqAdthmKWOvqW8njoNnd8LjtfRl8g6EpsvpbyjAv9opDmtdKzuHvfj72fJbMtWY005KzR42DFGeaRKQrGC44wxV4_RN6kSCt1WFmuYaJVSLzhA155oypMc3ZW_siP4AqXs

We decided to go with the name tag chocolates with each person’s name and the ride (table) they will be sitting at. Ours though, will be chocolate with men’s names in silver, and women’s names in pink. Then they will be tied with a hot pink bow. I’m really excited about these. We knew we wanted our favor to be edible, we’ve just been to so many weddings where they have given us something that wasn’t and it usually ends up sitting in a drawer and eventually getting thrown out.

Mary also had another idea, to have a board set up with the escort cards with a chart of where the tables are so people can find them easily. At the top it will say “Be Our Guest”

As for centerpieces, we decided on a few different ones, but I forgot to take pictures. We’ll have a mix of tall and short on the floor where the 6 tables will be. The only centerpiece that will have stargazer lilies will be the one at the head table, so the lily will ‘follow me’. There will also be petals sprinkled along the front of the table in a swirl pattern. I did remember to take a picture of the centerpieces for the remaining 4 tops.

We will have these 3 cylinders at each table with a pink orchid inside each, topped with a white candle, so pretty much just like the picture only a pink flower instead of the blue and purple. For chairs, we will be using silver chivari chairs instead of the ones that come in the space. We will have white table cloths and our napkins will be Jade.

They asked if we needed a card box and/or a server set. We decided to go ahead and add them but I don’t think we will keep at least the card box. What we have decided to use as a card box needs a little explanation. A while back, Mary and I started joking about wanted to get the mickey pants sundae and enjoying it on the hub grass. We would say we wanted “Mickey pants on the hub grass”. We brought this up in the session and Carol was curious what this Mickey Pants sundae was. Later, we started joking that our hashtag should be #mickeypantswedding. It started as a joke, but I don’t think it’s a joke anymore :rotfl2: We have said it so many times that it’s just going to stick. So I think we have decided to use this little cutie as our cardbox :)

We may need to have more than one just in case, but how adorable is that!! We used it to hold the envelopes at my bridal shower this weekend, and even attached a tag to it that said #mickeypantswedding (my phone already has it as one of my most used hashtags). Sarah then asked what flowers we liked and didn’t like, to which both my sister and I said we are terrible girls here and don’t really know any flower names. We were able to come up with a few we did and didn’t like to give her an idea of flowers she could use.

And with that, our planning was over! We still had a few hours before our tasting would begin and we were already a bit hungry so we decided to wander back over to the Poly and grab a light lunch to share between the 4 of us.

We decided to share a pepperoni flatbread and the pork nachos. These were both really good. We enjoy the flatbread over the usual Disney pizza. The nachos have a mix of homemade chips with Kahlua style pulled pork, pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, and cheese. This was a great snack for the 4 of us, and it filled us up just enough to hold us until our planning session. We just hung out in the room for a little while, I think Mary turned on Harry Potter for a bit. Jeff and I took a little nap to prepare ourselves for the afternoon!

Next up, our tasting session!

Last edited:
Yay, Sarah is our florist too! We're actually having similar centerpieces. Everything you've planned so far looks awesome. It's so cool how everything really comes together during the planning session.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter