*I'm Back!* We're getting married..at Disney World!!! Jeff & Kathy's PJ! UPDATE: Let's Party! (9/18)

Hey everyone! We have been back from our fantastic trip for a few days now. I really wish we could have stayed longer, it was so much fun and I didn't want it to end at all :( It didn't help either that we had some family and friends who were there 2 more days than we were and I wanted to still be there! :rotfl: We did get there a few days before which was nice.

We ended up having 106 guests at our wedding which was CRAZY! But so much fun. We also had like 30 some people staying at the Boardwalk with us so we couldn't go anywhere in the hotel without seeing someone we knew. In fact, the day we changed hotels (which after having so many people at our resort I'm SOOOO glad we did) Jeff went down to get us breakfast while I packed and it took him almost an hour to go to the bakery and back to get food!

We did run into a little bit of craziness a couple days before the wedding. If you are in the Disbrides facebook group you will know about what happened, if not I'm going to leave you in suspense for now :)

I absolutely LOVED everyone we worked with. We didn't do much as closely with Trinity as we did The Roots so I would say we loved The Roots a little more, but that's not to say anything against Trinity. They are meant to be more in the background anyway! And our planner, Carol....AMAZING! She was so wonderful and we absolutely loved her. We saw her in the lobby of the Boardwalk the day after the wedding and were SOOOO excited to see her even though it had been less than 24 hours! :rotfl2:I only wish we had gotten a picture with her!

I wanted to share some pictures we have from the wedding. Some of our guests got some fantastic pictures! We also did a surprise for everyone at the reception. We had Mickey and Minnie!! Only 4 of us knew, the 4 that were at the planning session. Everyone LOVED it!! My dad even got a fist bump from his business partner for keeping it a surprise! So without further ado....pictures!!

This is a picture from our first look. It was pretty cool, several of our rooms overlooked the courtyard we did the first look in. So our whole bridal party was able to go into the room the guys were getting ready in and watch from the balcony. I knew they were up there, but in the moment I completely forgot so it was perfect being able to turn around and see everyone.

Our bridal party. I must say, I think we have the cutest ring bearers and flower girl every!

I babysat these boys, they did such a good job! I was so proud of them!! :love:

The beautiful flower I got from our floral coordinator. She was so sweet :)

My beautiful flowers! I loved them so much! And the cute little Mickey on the back :)

Mickey and Minnie are here!!

I didn't realize it, but we got to dance with just them. Mickey was a good dancer!

They of course helped us cut our cake. They weren't fans of us kissing :laughing:

Group picture!

One of my cousins little cutie's and me :) This was the first time we met her and she's adorable!

My flower girl and me. She was so adorable! She called me the princess all day! She had been sitting on her mom's lap but decided to come sit with me.

And I love love LOVE this picture of me, my bridemaid Shelby, and her daughter/our flower girl. We decided to take a picture and she all the sudden threw her arms around both our necks and pulled us into this cute picture. :love:

Just before The Root's left, they handed us a little packet and said it included some of their favorite shots so far from the day. I am so in love with all of them that I can't wait to see the rest of them! Here pictures of the pictures they gave us. :cloud9:

As you can tell from this last picture, it was raining during our ceremony. When we started, there was a dark cloud near us, but several people were watching the radar and it looked like we would be able to fit the ceremony in before it started, we even started a little bit early. Well, turns out were weren't able to. We were fine with it though! It started sprinkling a little bit, and didn't start raining that hard, until then, when we were walking out. If you've been following along with my PJ since the beginning, you may remember that my mom is not longer with with. It actually started to sprinkle a little when we were talking about her, so we just say it was her tears of joy. And I really think that's true because that was the ONLY time it rained the entire time we were there :)

No one complained about the rain, and we had parasol's that we had planned for using to shade the women so they worked as umbrella's instead! Unfortunately they were paper so they weren't the best but it worked. And like I said it waited to really come down till we were done so it worked out :) I wouldn't have had it any other way though. I would have rather had our ceremony outside with some rain, than inside in a ballroom. Carol loved how chill Jeff and I were with it. Actually our everyone was pretty chill with it.

Overall, it was a fantastic day and I wouldn't have done it any other way :) Disney does fantastic weddings. I will start doing some pre-wedding posts, and I got some cute pictures of us getting ready from my sister so I have several updates I can do before we get the professional pictures. I can't wait to relive everything!

Wow!! Congrats!!! How exciting!!! I love your pics and how cool that you got to have Mickey and Minnie at your wedding!! That is so special!!

Absolutely love everything you have posted!!! and I had to scroll back up to see your reception pics after seeing the rain one! Your hair and makeup were still perfect....amazing! So glad your day was so wonderful!

AAAHHH! Love, love, love!

Me too!! I can't wait for more of our professional pics

Wow!! Congrats!!! How exciting!!! I love your pics and how cool that you got to have Mickey and Minnie at your wedding!! That is so special!!

Thank you!! It was amazing! We had the best time! It was definitely special having Mickey and Minnie there.

Absolutely beautiful! :goodvibes

Thank you! Looking at some of the pictures I barely believe it's me haha!

Ahhh beautiful photos! Congratulations! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! I can't wait for more of our professional pics! I think they will be amazing!

Gorgeous! You are glowing in your photos!

Thank you so much! I loved my dress, as for the hair and make up that was all the magic of Beaute Speciale haha. I look at myself in the pictures and don't believe it's me!

Absolutely love everything you have posted!!! and I had to scroll back up to see your reception pics after seeing the rain one! Your hair and makeup were still perfect....amazing! So glad your day was so wonderful!

Thank you so much! The hair and make up for sure held up! I don't know how they did it. We were covered most of the time so my hair didn't really get wet (I don't think) either that or she put a ton of spray in my hair!

What gorgeous wedding pictures! Congratulations!!

Thank you!! We had a fantastic time!

Gorgeous pictures! Can't wait to see more and hear all about it!

Thank you! I can't wait to share my story :)

Congrats!

Thank you!

Beautiful!! Congratulations, looks like you had a wonderful day.

Thank you! It was a fantastic day! We loved absolutely every minute of it, even with the rain!

You've been previewed on the blog!!! Everything turned out stunningly!!

I saw that! I somehow missed it the day it was put up and was so excited when I saw it! They got some great shot's it looks like, I can't wait to see more!

You looked SOOO beautiful. what a lovely story about the rain. I am so excited to hear more.

Thank you! I hardly believe it's me! Make up and good photography does wonders! :rotfl: I'm going to try to post some updates tonight or tomorrow!

Stunning photos! and yay I recognised you guys on the Roots blog too! So beautiful and I love what you said about your mum's 'tears of joy' :lovestruc

I feel like such a terrible diser! I have been so busy I haven't been able to update! But things have calmed down a bit now so I should be able to get some updates done. And we got our professional photos back! They are amazing and I can't wait to share them with you all! I promise I will try to post updates soon!

Things have been very crazy since we got back from the wedding, so I apologize for taking so long to start my report. I may have forgotten a few details about the days leading up to the wedding, but let’s be honest, you’re all here for the wedding day! So without further ado….

We were leaving for Florida the Tuesday before the wedding. Monday night was a lot of rushing around making sure we had everything packed that we needed with us. We quickly realized our guest book was not going to be easy to take with us. Luckily, I had a friend who was driving down and would arrive on Friday who was kind enough to bring us not only our guest book, but the toasting flutes my sister bought us.

Needless to say we went to bed pretty late, and we had to be up pretty early for our flight. We were leaving at around 6:00 am so we had to be up around 5:00 (the airport we fly out of is itty bitty and security itself doesn’t open until about 30 minutes before the flight haha). We were able to check a couple bags, and I just carried my dress on. A couple weeks before we left I called and made a steaming appointment with Carolyn Allen’s.

Luckily this time, all of our flights were on time! With the luck I’ve had the last few times we really needed things to go well this time! We arrived to the Orlando airport and waited for our bags. Then we walked over and got our rental car. I had decided to just go to the courthouse to pick up our marriage license instead of mailing it, which I wish I hadn’t decided to do. Once we got to Florida all I wanted to do was go to Disney!! We went to the Kissimmee courthouse and there was no wait to get our license. It only took about 10-15 minutes which wasn’t bad, but I was ready to be at Disney (haha!)

My sister takes the red-eye from Phoenix so she was already in the parks! Unfortunately, our room wasn’t ready for her to take a little nap but I think she survived the day. She decided to hit up Epcot while waiting for us. Since we were staying at the Boardwalk and it was Food & Wine she definitely had to go! Her first stop was the pub in the UK for a drink!

She loves the half and half so she got one to enjoy while she made her way to her favorite F&W item. She made a stop on her way at the Farm Fresh booth first though.

She decided she wanted to try the Loaded Mac n Cheese with pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers, and green onion.

She thought it was pretty good. But she had her mind on a certain food! So she made a beeline for the Mexico booth!

She got her absolute FAVORITE the Tacos de Camaron: battered shrimp, pico de gallo, pickled onions, and chipotle mayonnaise.

She LOVES the F&W taco. I think over the span of our trip she had 4 or 5 of them! Since she was still waiting for us to land, she made her way over to America to check out the Chase lounge. She was kind enough to send me some of the hilarious signs they put up!

It was just about time for the Voice of Liberty to start, and their show was outside on the stage. I was super jealous! Although you can’t beat them inside under the dome.

She went and took a little nap during the American Adventure (that partly what it’s for right?!). After her long night, she needed a little rest to make it through the rest of the day. After her nap, I mean show, she made a stop at the Hops and Barley booth. One of our family favorites from last year was the carrot cake. So she enjoyed a fresh baked carrot cake with craisins and cream cheese icing, as well as a Florida grass fed beef slider with pimento cheese.

At this point we were at the courthouse and would soon be making our way to the Boardwalk so she stopped at one more booth on her way back to the resort. She stopped at Brazil.

She got the crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato. This was another food item we all enjoyed last year. She enjoyed it again this year! She also apparently got a beer but I'm not sure what kind. She continued her way around to the international gateway while we were seeing this beautiful sight!

We had finally made it! I was so excited!! My dad and Jeff just laughed at me because I was dancing in my seat from excitement! We met Mary in the lobby and got ourselves checked in! We ended up having adjoining rooms, which was both a good and a bad thing haha. We got settled into our room, then we made our way over to Epcot. We had a few fastpasses to use up and needed a little something to eat to tide us over until dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter