*I'm Back!* We're getting married..at Disney World!!! Jeff & Kathy's PJ! UPDATE: Let's Party! (9/18)

I have been lurking but wanted to join in to say I love your invites! I LOVE the colors and the Boardwalk outline and stripes are just fantastic! You have great taste!

So pretty invitations. The colors are fabulous. Glad to see things are falling in place.

Thanks! I am loving them! They turned out so great!

Love the invitation colors! Looking forward to more PS updates. :)

Thank you! There will be more soon :)

The colors!!! THE STRIPES!!!! Ahhhhhh I love your invites! They're gorgeous, well done! That's the kind of invite you save!

Thank you! I love them too! They turned out great! Keeping them has got me thinking about a scrapbook or something, but I'm not that creative haha!

I love those invitations!! Glad it all worked out despite the SNAFU!!! They are beautiful...and also...anything that mentions Disney lol...is so amazing...your guests are very lucky people!

Thank you! Now I can see why the snafu happened!

Looooove those invitations! They look great!

Thank you! I love them too!

I have been lurking but wanted to join in to say I love your invites! I LOVE the colors and the Boardwalk outline and stripes are just fantastic! You have great taste!

:welcome: Glad you decided to comment! Thank you! I am so happy with them! I was questioning the colors early on, thinking they didn't really fit the Boardwalk, but I just love them!

Shrunken heads and a Beastly dinner!

We knew what we wanted to do before heading back to MK to use our next fastpasses. We had a date at 4! We left the room at around 3:45 and walked over to get in line for Trader Sam’s! Luckily the line wasn’t very long!

It was interesting being there as soon as they opened because they had a Cast Member counting people as they walked in. The capacity inside is only 51 people so this would make it easier than having people walk in for a table only to have to walk right back out. We were able to grab 4 seats at the surfboard table in the center of the room.

This one lady was kinda rude and grabbed a menu off the table just before we sat down, there were 3 on the surfboard table. She was just sitting at a 4 top with her husband and 2 kids. I guess her and her husband couldn’t share a menu? So 3 different groups at the surfboard had to share 2 menu’s. I was watching and once they put one down I went to ask for it haha.

We perused the menu trying to decide what we wanted to drink. Our waitress also took a bit to take our orders but they had just opened so it’s completely understandable.

My dad ordered a Krakatoa Punch: reserve and spiced rums, orgeat (almond) syrup, Sam’s gorilla grog, and hibiscus grenadine. Mary ordered the Polynesian Pearl: RumChata cream liqueur, grand marnier, and cinnamon with tropical juices. They both enjoyed their drinks, although Mary likes the Krakatoa Punch better. She had one when we were in Disneyland.

I ordered the Polynesian Pearl as well. Jeff ordered the margarita. He doesn’t usually drink much so this was good for him! I really enjoyed the Pearl, it was just the kind of drink I like. The atmosphere in this place was awesome! The staff was great as well, they really got into it!

We hung out and enjoyed our drinks and watched all the cool effects that happened when people ordered certain drinks. Definitely somewhere to check out next time your there! Once we finished our drinks we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom, we had a fastpass to use up! We were headed to Seven Dwarves Mine Train!

Not a great picture but I was trying to be quick. Funny story, the people sitting behind Jeff and I were also the couple who were sitting next to us on the surfboard at Trader Sam's! They had left quite a bit before us to go stand in line! :rotfl:

Once we got off the ride it was the perfect time to walk over to check in for our ADR at

We were excited to have dinner here. Mary and I had eaten here for dinner once before but my dad hadn't, and this was Jeff's first castle experience! So we checked in and waited....and waited....and waited.

I watched many people who got there after we did, get seated before us. We went over to try to get the attention of one of the seaters, but were ignored, not cool! At about 30 minutes of waiting our pager finally went off and it wasn't our name! Somehow our name wasn't attached to our pager number. They tried to tell us that we didn't have a table, we have a pager how could we not have a table! It got sorted out after a few minutes, but was a bit of a mess for a minute. Luckily we were seated in the West Wing!

We had a fantastic waiter! His name was Mark and he did a wonderful job! I would try to request him next time. We decided to order a couple drinks.

My dad and sister both got glasses of red, and I got a glass of the Conundrum, a white wine. It was really good! My dad and sister both enjoyed theirs as well! Jeff on the other hand, had a delicious glass of...diet coke! You won't see him order too many alcoholic beverages. We all had an idea of what we wanted for dinner. But first we started with the cheese and meat tray.

My dad also decided to start with a cup of the French onion soup

This soup is really good. I'm not a fan of onions so I usually just have a bite of broth and cheese :rotfl2: but my dad and sister love French onion soup. Next our entree's came....we made it very easy on the waiter. 4 New York strips please!

We really liked these!! We are big meat eaters, my dad owns a meat shop and Jeff is the manager and cuts meat there, we have to love meat! One of my sister and my favorite parts is the fries! They are so yummy!

We all decided to pass on dessert, I love the strawberry cupcake but I wasn't about to get one for $4.50 when I can get a different cupcake twice its size in the parks or resorts! Before we left the manager brought us over these.

My dad told the manager we weren't looking for anything, we had just wanted to make him aware of the situation. But we appreciated the fastpasses. After dinner we decided to use one for Peter Pan. The line for this is always so long! Then we walked around and waited for haunted mansion. Then we made our way to use our fp+ for Jungle Cruise, which we really didn't need :confused3. Our plan was to head across the park to Space to use our fp, but for some reason the Electrical parade was running about 30 minutes late. We decided to just head out of the park. Jeff and I decided to make a quick stop for a snack at the Great Ceremonial House, my dad and sister got off the monorail at the TTC. Jeff and I decided on some rice Krispy treats. We also grabbed a bag of one of my dad's favorites.

I got a chocolate sprinkle rice Krispy but I forgot to take a picture of it. We got back to the room and my dad and sister weren't there, they were out on the beach to watch fireworks so we joined them. After the fireworks it was time for bed after a long day!

Next up: We're that family!

The capacity inside is only 51 people

Wow....I had heard it was small...but that's really small!! No wonder it's always so busy.

I really enjoyed the Pearl, it was just the kind of drink I like.

Looks like the kind of drink I would like too. Cool cup also.

Definitely somewhere to check out next time your there!

I do hope to...although...I will be with my 9 year old so...not sure...

Luckily we were seated in the West Wing!

Love the West Wing. Your cheese and meat tray looked really good...as did everything else...sorry about the table SNAFU and all the waiting!

Yum yum Trader Sams!! I had the Pearl as well when we were there and it was great! Kevin and I plan on ordering the Nautilus next time ;) I'll have to try the Krakatoa Punch in DL, there's a chance I might be there next month!

I can't believe they fudged up your seating so badly at Be Our Guest - and to try to tell you that you didn't have a reservation when you were holding a pager! It's nice to see management apologize for it even when you've been clear you weren't expecting anything.

That steak does look really good! Makes me feel bad that I talked Kevin out of ordering it on our last trip (we were going to Yachtsman later that week, and I assumed they would do steak better!)

Wow....I had heard it was small...but that's really small!! No wonder it's always so busy.

Looks like the kind of drink I would like too. Cool cup also.

I do hope to...although...I will be with my 9 year old so...not sure...

Love the West Wing. Your cheese and meat tray looked really good...as did everything else...sorry about the table SNAFU and all the waiting!

The nice thing about Trader Sam's, even though its small, is that people go for a drink or 2 then leave. There aren't a lot of people that stay and hang out for the night. I'm sure your 9 year old would LOVE the inside, it's really cool to see. I would just say go early like we did, then you can get your drink and head back out. She would also really like all the antics the CM's do!

Yum yum Trader Sams!! I had the Pearl as well when we were there and it was great! Kevin and I plan on ordering the Nautilus next time ;) I'll have to try the Krakatoa Punch in DL, there's a chance I might be there next month!

I can't believe they fudged up your seating so badly at Be Our Guest - and to try to tell you that you didn't have a reservation when you were holding a pager! It's nice to see management apologize for it even when you've been clear you weren't expecting anything.

That steak does look really good! Makes me feel bad that I talked Kevin out of ordering it on our last trip (we were going to Yachtsman later that week, and I assumed they would do steak better!)

My dad talked about ordering the Nautilus but didn't. Might have to next time. I also want to try the Uh Oha. I love the chant they do with it haha!

I couldn't believe BOG either! It was crazy! Pager in hand, what did you think we stole it from someone?! It was a bit crazy, but ended up alright. Our first day was just full of things not quite going like we wanted. That steak is so good. My sisters favorite is the fries though, they totally make the dish! I will say, we like salty, and these are salty! I think its like a garlic salt but for us it was so good! DF is not a fan of salt so they were a little too salty for him, but he didn't seem to have much trouble putting them away :)

We're that family!

This morning we woke up and decided to do something we have never done before. You see, one day Mary saw a limited edition Polynesian Village shirt on disneystore.com. She decided we all needed these shirts. So we made sure to bring them with us and on this day, we all wore them. We're not usually the family that is wearing all the same shirts, or all the same colors unless one of our teams is playing. But I think we looked pretty darn cute :)

This morning we were headed to Hollywood Studios, and we decided to just grab breakfast there instead of the resort. We were driving so the car was closer than Captain Cooks :rotfl2: So our first stop upon entering HS was

Starring rolls has your usual breakfast offerings, and of course their usual cupcakes. We decided on the "healthier?" options lol.

Jeff and I both got the cheese Danish, we both really enjoy these for breakfast. Jeff chose nesquik chocolate milk, and I got regular milk. My dad and sister both split a cinnamon roll and an everything bagel. These are things they both enjoy and couldn't decide which so they shared! While looking around Mary and I saw these beauties!

We decided we wanted to come back and get one on the way out because we didn't want the chocolate to melt and we didn't feel like carrying it around. I won't leave you hanging....we forgot :( we were very sad too because this was our only HS day.

After breakfast we strolled down Hollywood Boulevard and decided to wait in line for Rockin Roller coaster. Stupid tier system won't let us choose rockin and toy story fastpasses! So I chose toy story, which SPOILER ALERT, ended up being a good idea! The wait time for Rockin wasn't too bad, I think 40 minutes. By the time we got off the ride we were off to Tower!

We had kind of rotten luck with the fastpass lines, just that most of the time the line to scan first was long. Of course because people get in line before their time which holds up the line. But it moved quickly. We were avoiding the 125 minute stand-by wait for tower. Yes ladies and gentleman you read that right 125 minutes! One of the sides was down for a while, but by the time we got down it was open.

Next, we had some time to kill so we waited for Great Movie Ride which had a posted 50 minute wait, but it wasn't quite that long. We enjoy this ride and were excited to see the new movie at he beginning and movie montage at the end. We really liked both of them, especially the first one, we wanted to see the whole thing but it's 45 minutes so we'll have to go back several times. I however am not much of a fan of Robert Osbourne's narration during the ride, I think it should still be the CM's.

After we got off it was time for everyone's favorite TSMM! Normally I am the highest in the car, and while I beat my family (forgot to take photographic evidence) I was not the highest in the vehicle like I usually am!! I was so sad. Next it was time for lunch!

But I think we looked pretty darn cute

You sure did! I want to do this with my DD next time...but it can be hard to find kids' and adults' matching shirts!

we were very sad too because this was our only HS day

So sad. There are so many good looking treats at Starring Rolls that I want to try...sad.

time for everyone's favorite TSMM!

I can't wait to go on this!!

I like your shirts! They seem very fitting to your family and pretty subtle! And hey, that's a pretty healthy breakfast from Starring Rolls if you ask me.

The lines at Studios are so awful now! It's too bad they couldn't open new things before they started closing even more :(

Is it weird that it makes me happy when I see people stopping at Starring Rolls or otherwise buying desserts at DHS?

I agree with you about the new narration on GMR. It just doesn't feel as fun for me anymore. I'm also mixed on the new montage at the end. I like that it has new movies, but it doesn't feel like it flows as well as the old one did.

You sure did! I want to do this with my DD next time...but it can be hard to find kids' and adults' matching shirts!

So sad. There are so many good looking treats at Starring Rolls that I want to try...sad.

I can't wait to go on this!!

For shirts you could always look on Etsy, there's always options there! We don't usually do matching, but we made an exception for these shirts.

I like your shirts! They seem very fitting to your family and pretty subtle! And hey, that's a pretty healthy breakfast from Starring Rolls if you ask me.

The lines at Studios are so awful now! It's too bad they couldn't open new things before they started closing even more :(

Thanks! They do fit our family very well! In terms of what we could have eaten at Starring Rolls, I agree that was a pretty healthy breakfast haha.

I agree, I really hope they hurry to build the new attractions and areas. HS is going to be bad until they do.

Is it weird that it makes me happy when I see people stopping at Starring Rolls or otherwise buying desserts at DHS?

I agree with you about the new narration on GMR. It just doesn't feel as fun for me anymore. I'm also mixed on the new montage at the end. I like that it has new movies, but it doesn't feel like it flows as well as the old one did.

Desserts are always a good thing! One of my now favorite desserts will make its appearance soon :)

Yeah I'm not so sure about the montage either. I like the movies they picked, but I dunno either they need different music or need to change the flow of it.

We're in our happy place!

We aren't big fans of the lunch options in HS. There is however, a lunch stop that my dad enjoys nearby. So when we were discussing lunch, Mary and I were surprised he didn't say he wanted to go there! We had to remind him about it, then he wanted to go there. We were headed to our future wedding resort! :yay: to the ESPN club.

I was very excited to be having lunch here, Jeff had never seen our ceremony space so I was planning on showing him where it was and where the reception is. But first, we needed some food! We decided what we wanted and had to start with the very reason my dad loves to eat here!

The pulled pork nachos. These are really good. They are presented differently every time we come. For my lunch I decided on the French dip sandwich. This was good but I wish I had remembered to ask for mozzarella cheese on it.

Jeff found a new item on the menu that as soon as he read it he was getting it! The pulled pork grilled cheese!

This was really good! We were all discussing how we had not thought of this before! Grilled cheese with pulled pork inside! It just seems so obvious that the two should go together! Again...we're big meat lovers haha.

My dad and sister decided to share their lunch. They chose the southwest burger.

This came out already split for them, it's always nice when places do this ahead of time for you! They thought it was very good. After lunch we were all full and thought about stopping for a snack at the Bakery or Seashore Sweets. We walked through both but all of us were too full to even think about more food at the moment. So we made our way over to the ceremony site :) Annnnnd since we're terrible with taking pictures, we didn't take any pictures of us there. Oh well we will have lots next time!

It was very hot out so we decided to head back to the room for a bit. Mary and I wanted to go to the pool. But first we decided to tour the Bungalows!

The gates open! Let's go!

We're in!

My dad welcoming us in!

Master bedroom

Tv in the mirror in the master bathroom

Oh, you know, just chillin in my egg chair, on the balcony of my bungalow.

Ahhh!! This is the life! (if only it were real life!)

Couch that is also a pull out.

Murphy bed. Look at how cute that background is of the water pagent!

Kitchen with a nice big table

Second bedroom, with a murphy bed in that room to sleep 3 people.

And finally, the view from the balcony! What a great view! These were amazing! I don't know that I would want to fit 8 people in there, it would be a bit tight.

Mary and I headed straight for the pool after, dad decided to join us so he went back to change. Jeff decided to pass on the pool for today. He's not a fan of swimming, a bad experience before. So we relaxed at the pool for a while and grabbed a couple drinks!

I got a banana cabana, Mary got a yuengling, and my dad got a bud light. It was all good, and definitely hit the spot! We were in our happy place! It's amazing how relaxed you can feel at Disney. After a bit we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. That is when we found Jeff like this :)

How cute is he sleeping :) Disney can be tiring as well as relaxing! After waking Jeff up, we changed and got ready to head out for dinner!

Very cool trip up to now. You are making crave to go back to the Poly. I miss it so much. Thanks for sharing the pics of those bungalows. It looks like you really had time to relax. Enjoying the Trip report!

We loooooooove those pulled pork nachos! They got me hooked on pulled pork! (Which in turn got me hooked on the pulled pork eggs benedict at Trail's End. YUM.)

Those bungalows seem nice and all but I actually think I prefer the studios in the main building - hot tub or not I'd rather be close to the action! You're making me want to stay at the Poly so badly!

Very cool trip up to now. You are making crave to go back to the Poly. I miss it so much. Thanks for sharing the pics of those bungalows. It looks like you really had time to relax. Enjoying the Trip report!

Thanks! We love the Poly so much! I'm so glad we bought into the DVC. Also, anyone can go tour the bungalows, just ask at the DVC desk inside the great ceremonial house!

We loooooooove those pulled pork nachos! They got me hooked on pulled pork! (Which in turn got me hooked on the pulled pork eggs benedict at Trail's End. YUM.)

Those bungalows seem nice and all but I actually think I prefer the studios in the main building - hot tub or not I'd rather be close to the action! You're making me want to stay at the Poly so badly!

It was super good! Kinda wish I'd gotten it. Mary loves the pulled pork eggs Benedict at Kona, we haven't been to Trails End for a while. Might have to get back there sometime.

Yeah I agree, the bungalows are cool and all but the studios are just as nice. We LOVE it there. But of course the Boardwalk is a very very close second :rotfl: the woman showing us the bungalows said the biggest complaint is the ferry boat. You can hear the horn from inside and it can run until like 2 am depending how late the park is open. I get that, I hear it all the time when we're in a longhouse.

Those bungalows are gorgeous! And I love the pic of Jeff sleeping :laughing:

The bungalows are beautiful! But soooo expensive! Lol I know, ain't he cute :rotfl2: we found him like that a few times but I think that's the only pic I have of him asleep

Explore Disney Springs!

We had reservations at Downtown Disney, and knew from past experience that we wanted to get there earlier for parking. One of he new parking garages is open which is nice but it's still a bit of a mess there. Overall, getting in and our was pretty easy for us! We got there around 5 so a little before people started arriving for the night. The walkway we came across put us out by planet Hollywood. We haven't been to the West Side in a long time so we took the time to explore a bit. Our first stop was to check out Splitsville!

(photo credit: Disney Food Blog)​

Jeff is really into bowling, in fact we met through our college bowling team. He's way better than I am but we both enjoy it. My dad also loves bowling and has been bowling for like 45 years! We had been wanting to check it out for a while. At first, Jeff was a little hesitant about it. He says usually those types of big bowling alleys aren't as good as the "old fashioned" ones. We walked in the door and immediately found some merchandise that totally fit us :)

This picture pretty much embodies the two of us, if only there was a soccer ball in there too it would be perfect! This place was actually really cool! We both really wanted to bowl when we were walking around so we might have to find some time to bowl when we are back for our wedding. We can probably even convince most of our wedding party to go with, Jeff met all 4 of his groomsmen through bowling :rotfl2:It was really cool how the lanes went in different directions inside.

There will be a soccer store opening up not far from Splitsville, but it wasn't open yet. They did have a cart set up with merchandise so we went to check it out. There were quite a few jerseys but you couldn't look through them like you could at a store so we left quickly. So we made our way toward the Marketplace. We stopped in a few of the new stores which are pretty cool. There's a Marvel store, and a D-street. We also walked passed the new boathouse restaurant which Mary fell in love with!

We were even able to see a amphicar launch! It was pretty cool! My dad asked about pricing and stuff, and it's like $125 for 45 minutes and only up to 3 people. That's pretty crazy!

I feel like you are very close to the water, I think I would be a bit worried to even move! Across from The Boathhouse was a new gelato spot called, Il Vivoli. We knew where we would be heading later! We continued on looking at some of the new shops. Disney Springs is really coming along! I can't wait till it's finished! Jeff thought it was pretty cool too! Soon it was time to head to dinner!

Those are some crazy prices for the Amphicars...they do look cool though. I look forward to hearing more about dinner and the gelato place...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter