We're Back-With a Fractured Toe!!

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
We got back around 7:30 last night and had just enough time to eat dinner and get ready to watch my DAWGS beat the Jackets. The first part of the trip was great and crowds were very low. By Monday, there was some pick up in crowds, but we were at MGM and it wasn't too bad. Tuesday was AK and again it was tolerable. Tuesday we did the Wishes cruise with two other dance families and it was wonderful (although pretty chilly). Wednesday was a VERY long day because of all the dance activities. The girls had a wonderful time and the experience was all worth the early morning and long day. Thanksgiving day we were at Epcot and it was okay in the morning and then got pretty crowded by evening. EMH that night was a zoo and we left without really doing anything. Friday we were in MK at EMH and got a lot done. Around 1:00 the crowds were unbearable so we left. We ended our trip with Le Cellier, Candlelight, and the holiday Illuminations. FABULOUS!!! Rita Moreno is now our favorite narrator and the guest conductor that night was the first woman guest conductor for Candlelight ever and is a professor at UGA!

All dance families stayed onsite and had the most marvelous vacation. We had two groups: one group of families at Riverside and the other at the All Stars. Everyone had a blast and all my planning and advice paid off. The only downside to the entire trip is that my older daughter, Carrielee, has fractured her big toe. On two different days she was run over by strollers on the same toe. We didn't really think too much about it, but then she danced on Wednesday. By Thursday the toe was very sore and had begun to swell. Yesterday it was awful and very swollen. Apparently, the combination of the two strollers (one jogger type and one double Disney) and the dancing fractured the toe. Of course, there isn't much that can be done about it. We are wrapping it and she is applying ice, etc. The doctor said it would take at least 2 weeks to feel better and 6 weeks to completely heal. So, I guess no more clogging for a while.

Time to go unpack and wash clothes.

Melanie

Sorry to hear about the toe. I sounds like the trip was wonderful otherwise! Hope the toe is better soon.

I am so very glad you had a great trip but so sorry to hear about Carrielee's toe. OUCH!

I bet your group is thankful to you for all you wonderful planning! You did a great job! :cool1:

I feel for your DD because the same thing happened to me on this short trip :sad2: I fell down a couple of marble stairs where I work on Monday hurt my knee and right toe since we were leaving for Orlando on Tues. morning I just put ice on my knee. My toe was the one I should have put the ice on. But that didn't stop me from walking all over SW and Epcot, now I'm back home and have a doctor's appointment first thing tomorrow.

Hope she gets better!

I had ADRs for the Processional and we gave them to my Aunt & cousins since my toe was hurting me so much. Maybe we'll catch it next time!

Hope her toe is better soon,welcome back.Sounds like you had a great trip. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

This was definitely one of our best trips ever. The weather was actually very nice and the girls had a blast. I have to say that touring with 15+ people is very different from touring with just three of us, though. We didn't accomplish as much with the big group, but the girls had so much fun that I don't think it mattered too much. The saddest part for us is that we won't be back for 13 months. With all the competitions we have scheduled for the upcoming year, Disney will be on the back burner for a while.

Sorry about your DS's toe! Sounds like you had an awesome vacation, good luck with future competitions as well!

One question, how was the Wishes cruise?

Welcome back Melanie! Glad the trip went so well except of course the toe. I hope it's getting better - sounds painful.

You'll have to start a thread to tell us about the family that you spoke of before you left. What did her kids think about WDW? I can't remember their ages . . I hope they found some magic down there. :goodvibes

wendy

LisaTex said:
How did things go with the family you talked about before you left?

I would also like to know how their trip turned out. What you did for them was soo very nice.

Sorry about your DD's toe.

Now you have to start a "Darn those strollers!" thread...twice in one trip. I think they're offering "aggressive stroller driving" as a new tour attraction. No, just kidding! Hope her toe gets better soon!

I was wondering how your trip went. Sorry about your DD's toe.

Soooooo, waiting to hear the story about the Disney family, a most anticipated trip report by many! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I was at the Candlelight Processional that Saturday and had my brother text message me 1st half results of the Dawgs vs jackets game. :rofl2: I'm sure God isn't happy of me cursing about Tech taking the lead while the story of baby Jesus was going on. haha

But it's great to know another Dawg DIsney fan.

GO DAWGS!

I did post a message the other day after I met with Ugadog99 and met the family at MK. They all seemed to be having a great time!

Hi Everyone! The trip was wonderful for all the dancers and their families. My older daughter has been "hogging" the computer since we got home to prepare for her semester finals, so I have not had much time to PM or email anyone. I will be sending messages to all those who have asked about our trip. If you have any specific questions, please PM or email me. Thanks!

Melanie

So sorry about your DD's toe. If your foot hurts, it seems everything hurts. I hope that a Trip Report (and perhaps one from Donna) might be in our future. So glad it was a wonderful trip.

Sharon

Melanie, I am so very sorry to hear that your daughter broke her toe. What a trooper to keep dancing with a broken toe. It must have been very painful. Not to mention crowds and strollers. Please send her warm wishes for a quick recovery. :hug:

I would love to hear about your trip and the faces of certain people when they found out about the whole wonderful trip. Please pm me.

Thank you again for your generous, loving heart. :flower3:

Angel 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter