Well DL, you sucked me in again... Just booked another trip.

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Haven't been to DL in three years. Since my daughter's school moved from a non-traditional to a traditional school year, we haven't been able to use our DVC points to book a stay at the VGC, since our home resort is in FL (VGC was sold out when we bought in). As a result, we have been trekking 2500 miles across the continent to use our points at the second-rate WDW (actually, it's not that bad, it's just not DL).

But the siren call of the 60th Anniversary has sucked me in, and the thought of missing out on the new parade and fireworks show was too much to bear, so I just sucked it up and booked my family a 5 day trip in November, over a week when the munchkin only has two days of school.

Not sure if I should be thanking or cursing Disney at this point... Also not sure why anyone on the Disboards would or should care that I booked a trip - just needed to share the news with someone.

I hear ya! Thanks for sharing! :-) It is always exciting to be planning a trip to DL! As my DD gets older, it is harder to plan DL trips around her school schedule so now we are stuck with spring break, summer or Christmas time. But we go annually with our APs so it doesn't really matter to us if we miss out on something or if it is too crowded. Will you be going during Thanksgiving week? Which ever time that you go, I am sure that you will have fun!

We are also DVC with all of our points at Florida resorts.

The USAF moved us to California a few years ago and we are 4 for 4 in getting reservations with our points at VGC, keep trying!!

I'm excited for anyone that gets to go visit - especially this year!! I'm trying to sneak in a mini trip again this summer before half marathon weekend in September.

Ha ha - DIS'ers are extremely interested in all kinds of random things...but when it comes to someone booking a trip to Disney, it's always interesting!

Congrats on booking another trip! And thanks for sharing, it made me smile :)

Ha ha - DIS'ers are extremely interested in all kinds of random things...but when it comes to someone booking a trip to Disney, it's always interesting!

Congrats on booking another trip! And thanks for sharing, it made me smile :)

Haha! I felt the same way ... I get excited for people who book Disney trips!

They keep sucking me back in, too! I'm seriously looking at DVC or at least AP's.... and I'm in Ohio so it's not like I can just hop over to the parks (DL or WDW) whenever I feel like it. But I love it so!

As soon as we return from Disneyland we start wanting to go back! I am about to buy us annual passes so that we can go again in August (with out daughter- shh!), in October, and again in March! We have been addicted for years. :)

We're going in mid-July for our first family trip. But now I am totally thinking of going back to DLR next summer (instead of WDW). I am starting to wonder if an Annual pass would be worth it. it's about the same price as two 5-day hoppers...

That's what we did ~ we bought annual passes for our family trip last year in December that was for 6 days knowing we would be back this year for at least 5 ::yes::

We calculated that if we entered 9 1/2 times that we would break even. I also liked the fact that I could go every day of our trip. Without the passes, we could only go to the parks 5 days since that is the longest ticket they sell o_O

Since then, I have taken our "big" kids back for a long weekend, we are heading down for a weekend after school ends, I am joining my sister for the a week to celebrate the 60th in July, Dapper Days in September, a Halloween Party trip in October (if it happens) and then the family trip in December.

Just want to make sure we get our monies worth ;)

We own at VGC, so I grabbed 6 nights in October before the 7 month window opened. We stayed 5 nights in January and got our annual passes, so we are making the most out of them. I would love to cram in another trip. There is a little availability in December, but we have a conference at WDW in January. Not sure I can justify the December trip with another one around the corner.

That's what we did ~ we bought annual passes for our family trip last year in December that was for 6 days knowing we would be back this year for at least 5 ::yes::

We calculated that if we entered 9 1/2 times that we would break even. I also liked the fact that I could go every day of our trip. Without the passes, we could only go to the parks 5 days since that is the longest ticket they sell o_O

Since then, I have taken our "big" kids back for a long weekend, we are heading down for a weekend after school ends, I am joining my sister for the a week to celebrate the 60th in July, Dapper Days in September, a Halloween Party trip in October (if it happens) and then the family trip in December.

ROFL!! I would totally do this!!!

I also want 6-7 days for this upcoming trip so not too happy that the 5 day hoppers are holding us back.

The one thing holding me back....Deluxe APs won't be good for Christmas week (and neither are my Universal Orlando APs which I just got). That's the one vacation I am at loose ends on. not sure what we are doing yet and don't want to spend a lot of money.

Still crunching Mickey math!

I hear you on the $$$ ~ we planned our December trips to be the week before the Deluxe becomes blacked out for the Christmas holidays. I actually purchased the Premium for me since I had my fingers crossed I would be going down for the July 17th Anniversary but purchased the Deluxe for everyone else in the family.

I was also able to get the Premium that didn't include parking which was MUCH cheaper ~ sad this is no longer an option. We are DVC and always stay on property so parking really isn't needed. And if all 6 of us purchased the Premium, YIKES!!!

We started with 5 days hoppers, then it was Deluxe APs and now Premium APs. We upgraded to Premium APs since we are going during Christmas and Easter again. Hopefully, soon we will get the Premier APs! :D We get sucked in more and more each time! :rotfl2:

We try to get our monies worth too. We usually go for 8-10 days at a time so to be able to be in the parks every day makes it more relaxing for us. We don't rush for rides or worry about missing any shows, parades or fireworks because we will catch it eventually. Plus, flights from Alberta are expensive so we try to make our trips longer than a week.

Don't, don't DON'T.....I have not made any firm decisions on Christmas week plans yet this year....a Premium Pass would be wayyyy too tempting! But out of my planned travel budget for the year. This is going to kill me yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter