Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola,mi amigos. Como est a? Mucho bueno aqui! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay, so I can't write it worth a darn, but I'm picking it up pretty quickly. Found out one of the ladies who only speaks spanish has a wicked sense of humor. Once I learn more spanish, I'm sure I'm going to hear Tara type stories!

News flash! I've probably hired my first staffer for my store and it's my wonderful DH! He's fascinated by the idea and got first pick of the prep schedule. It'll eliminate daycare for us, woohoo!

Tara, we ADHD types don't do well with little to engage the brain, right? Crossing my fingers for you and thinking positive thoughts.

I'm going to put a post it note on the laptop to remember Kama and Kimmar! Haven't seen Mrs.HughJackman around in a long time-or pictures of him, either.

Nancy, hope the lunch went well. I'd have helped, but I'm purposely NOT getting on the DIS at work. I'll check my emails and see what's ahead when I'm home.

Tomorrow's day is really light, I get out at noon and meet an applicant at 1. Then a weekend off. Yay. I have a date with my pillow.

Suzanne

Suzanne ~
Yo puedo hablar y leer espanol, tambien.....entonces, podemos escribir in espanol, y nadie pueden entenderlo...heh-heh-heh! :thumbsup2

:scratchin Hmmm, I vaguely remember a certain someone diggin' this guy's TONGUE........

fndk16.jpg

Not a problem, Suzanne.
Elaine and Tara listened to me :)
Thanks for the help...all turned out well.

So DH is going to work for you, Suzanne :eek: That would scare me ;)

Hey, is that a certain someone "trying" to return again? :rotfl:

Watching one of my creepie-crawly movies :teeth:
Dave is due back late tonight.

Hello, hello!! It's busy Beth, breezing through on her way to a night off!! Dave has a DVD ready to go and I need some veg time. My store manager is on vacation all this week, so I'm in charge. :rolleyes: Just reinforcing the fact that I do NOT want her job if she decides to leave. Spending any daytime hours off doing bookkeeping, so I haven't had much down time this week at all. Doin' a lot of sneezing and sniffling with all the tree pollen, too.

Glad to hear you are so happy with the new job, Suzanne! Good luck working with your DH--I've heard it can make or break a marriage.

YAY on getting the dishwasher working, Kimmie!! I'm still praying over our water heater, but Dave says it's good now. Hasn't blown in 2 weeks, altho' now that I've said that, I've probably jinxed it.

Tara, nice area for a vaca, Natural Bridge! Sorry the hotel over-glamorized the amenities. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of prayers and PD about that teaching position. I know what you mean about feeling worthwhile. I don't do the warm body thing very well, either.

LOL!!! Nancy is alone and watching creepy-crawly movies?!! Good thing Dave is coming home tonight! Somebody's gotta be able to banish the monsters under the bed and in the closet!!

No choir tonight, Laine? Geez...we STILL got stuck with 2 whole hours' rehearsal last night and we didn't even have the cantata to practice. Just lots of new pieces to take us thru the rest of spring. Good news is, we're done June 18 till early August!!

That's about all I can manage tonight.......BIG :hug: to each and every one of you! Stay well, stay happy and keep DISsing!! Mad, mad love to one and all!

CrazyBoutDisney said:
....YAY on getting the dishwasher working, Kimmie!! I'm still praying over our water heater...

..... :worship: Oh God of Whirpool, I humbly plea with your everlasting mercy upon me and my mechanical warmth-giver of the clear liquid.....

Nancy, Ed and I worked together at two different jobs for two years, so I know we can work okay. Something about being friends for eight years before dating, lol! Glad you got some listeners.

I get to sleep in today, now wake up is 5:30! We did so much this week that I was told I could have the day off, but there's way too much that I have to do. Like break our new website, lol. :rotfl2: We're rolling out all new stuff on the business end next week, and there are a lot of bugs.

Anyone want anything from Krispy Krack? I'm meeting the lady there.

Okay, gonna soak these sore bones in the tub for a little bit.

Suzanne

Hi y'all! We watched Kingdom of Heaven tonight. My idea ;)

Nope Bethie, no choir practice. After spending about 10 hours at church in less than 4 days, we figured we deserved a week off. Though I think I'll be at church about 7 hours on Sunday. We have the Bishop coming to an evening mass so we're signed up to sing at that one... in addition to the other two we normally do ;) Our practices will be off and on until June and then we are free until Sept and we'll have no more evening masses on Sundays from mid June through mid Sept :)

Is it possible for you to be good? ;) :p :wave2:

Nancy, I hope you enjoyed your movie and that Dave has a safe trip home! My dad just called me and he is safely in AZ. I admit I'll miss him while he is gone!

Kimmar behave... that guy does have a freaky tongue!

I'm off to bed to relax before falling asleep! See y'all in the morning!

Hope things slow down for you soon Beth.
I LOVE creepy crawly movies ::yes:: This one is snakes :)

Glad Dad made it to AZ alright.
Dave is delayed. Flight canceled. Trying to get in through another city. Says he may drive home....I sure hope not. He should just have them put him up in a hotel like they offered and take tomorrow off work.
Now I will be stressing about his decision :rolleyes: Stupid little airports.

Getting ready to head down and get ready for my favorite night of TV :teeth:

Good morning everyone! Is it just me or is the DIS actually moving at a reasonable pace today? :faint:

Nancy, how did things turn out for Dave yesterday? I do hope he just decided to stay and enjoy the day off today!

No clue what I am up to today... haven't decided yet :p

:wave:

My foot (heel) has been killing me all week and today feels worse. :( I might have to break down and go to the ER or doc if it keeps up. :rolleyes1

Nancy, did Dave make it home or did he stay over? You are a brave gal to watch creepy movies alone. :scared: And snakes? :faint:

Elaine, glad your dad got to the airport OK. Wasn't it beautiful yesterday? Its warm here today, but cloudy and rain is predicted.

Beth, you've been a busy gal. Hope things slow down for you.

Suzanne, I'll take a glazed chocolate cake donut. :teeth:

Gotta head to the grocery store!!

dizneenut said:
:wave:

My foot (heel) has been killing me all week and today feels worse. :( I might have to break down and go to the ER or doc if it keeps up. :rolleyes1

...mebbe you have a bone spur??!?!?

dizneenut said:
....Suzanne, I'll take a glazed chocolate cake donut. :teeth:...

CD101012.jpg

Good morning.

Our beautiful weather of the last few days has turned to rain :(
I was going to finally do yard work today....and tomorrow is tulip day, which is much better when it is NOT raining.

Dave got home about 2 am.
He took a plane to Spokane and then into Seattle....and of course, he luggage didn't make it :( :mad: He expected that.

Not sure what I am going to do today now.

Sherry hope your foot feels better. Ouch.

How did a $5 gift card wind up costing me so much? :confused3

We pre-ordered Narnia from Lifeway Christian stores and I recieved a $5 gift card for doing so, but it expires at the end of the month.

So I went in earlier this week to get Mrs. AA the latest Randy Travis CD (she had asked for it, believe it or not) I saw that it cost $18.98 but recalled that I had just seen a Family Christian Stores sales circular advertising it for $9.97 on sale.

I didn't know if they would, but I took a chance and asked if they would price match. No problem..they just called the other store to confirm and knocked it down to $9.97.

I decided after that, not to use the $5 off card ;) so I took it and left.

I took off yesterday afternoon and Rebecca and I did some shopping and decided to go there again - presumably to use the card.

Rebecca found two new accompaniment CDs and I found some more music I wanted and then I remembered the 2 unused "punch cards" that were fully completed in my wallet.

Discounts are good for 20% to 30% off your entire purchased depending on how much you buy and we decided to finally purchase that Guardian TV language filter we have been wanting for a long time.

So I used the discount card instead, and have now made 2 shopping trips there and still not used the $5 gift card!

Boy, are they smart or what? ;)

We did make another shopping trip to Wal mart to purchase some applicances we have talked about but never gotten.

We now have a bread maker, a new mixer, and a blender. :)

Abigail (my youngest) has been diagnosed with Autism or at least Pervasive Developmental Disorders.

We are still waiting on some results for blood work, but the doctor we are seeing tries to work with diet as much as possible.

We chose him because we have seen great results with some of his other patients that we know personally.

So for the time being, Abigail is not to have any red coloring, red meat or dairy products.

I did not realize how much milk is used as an ingredient in so many foods. Rebecca has been shopping with other friends and is learning her way around some of our local health food stores.

I can tell you that Abigail did not care for the organic chicken nuggets (milk free breading) so we will just fry up chicken at home to give to her during the week. It's just as well, since the other was over $5 for 8 oz. :eek:

She didn't care for the cheese substitute mac and cheese either and that is one of her main food staples.

Fortunately, Abigail is not fighting us on it and she is willing to try new things.

A diet change like that would kill me or my oldest daughter who is as picky as her old man. ;)

BTW, did I mention we are looking at finally buying a freezer now as well? (For specials on chicken, to hold venison, etc.) She is forcing my hand on all those things I have put off buying for so many years. :)

Sherry, I thought it was absolutely gorgeous yesterday! It really had me wanting summer to stay! I hope your foot is feeling better soon though!

Yummm... donuts!!! I really could use on of those now!

Nancy, sorry that Dave's luggage was lost. I hope it shows soon! And hope the rain doesn't get in your way for tomorrow!

Alan, good luck with Abigail. I know diets can work well for a lot of issues. Only bad when you have more than one and the diets conflict with each other :rolleyes:

Took a benadryl... wow, it's knocking me out at the moment :blush:

Awww... Alan, I'm sorry to hear about Abigail. I suppose though, arriving at a few answers is a bit of a relief in one respect. At least it gives some direction toward possible solutions. My thoughts and my prayers will be with ya'll.

Your trip to the Christian store sounds like my trip to Penneys yesterday. Went in to check out their "buy one get one for a 1.00" sale. My destination was the curtain/drapery department but I only got as far as clothing. :blush: But I needed summer tops!! Okay, so 100.00 later I leave with no curtains. Today... I go back for curtains. :rolleyes1

Sherry, take that heel to the dr. if it doesn't shape up. Hmmm.... bone spur. Good thought there Kimmar/Kama/Kimmy/Kimmie/Mrs. Jackman.... :p

You posted pictures?!? Ack! I'll do a search. I don't get any heads up on in my inbox on that thread.

Busy Bethy! :wave: How are ya?! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your water heater! Say hey to that DH of yours for me and have to say I don't blame you for not wanting to take over the manager position!

Is it tulip day today?! Nancy watches creepy crawlies? ACK!! You are a brave woman! Has Dave's luggage arrived yet? Sigh. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll be good this time
Snork!! :rotfl: Snerk! :wave:

Ah the tongue dude! Was that Von's guy? Who was he? Can't remember his name.

Post its.... :teeth: Sorry for the confusion Suzanne. :p I've been trying to think of a way to help make it easier, but I'm not coming up with anything. :blush:

Tara, your job decision sounds perfect. Our world needs more people like you. Go for it!

How's work today Lily? Sorry to hear it's not going well. :hug:

How was the Shepherd's Pie Elaine? Never made it myself but I do love the little I've had.

Off to the shower and then to Penney's. Need new living room curtains. My entire living room is screaming: "I was decorated in the 80s" and I can't take it anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter