Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. abicor

abicor Ultimate Tower Fan Girl!

Hi Everyone!

Been a lurker in the Paris boards for a while now and thought I would finally register on this fantastic site. Cannot wait for my third trip to Paris in December :hyper:

abicor

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. THEVACATIONFAMILY

THEVACATIONFAMILY Mouseketeer

First off let me say, THANK YOU... It's wonderful site for Disney Fans, like myself... To all who have joined let me say, Welcome. it is a wonderful site and all the info you want and need are here. I have been a member for a while and I LOVE IT.... Welcome to All and Thank You to all Members...

4. RedOne3781

RedOne3781 Mouseketeer

I'm a newbie here and just wanted to say a quick hello!
    I stumbled across these boards for the first time a few weeks ago while browsing the web looking for new WDW trip ideas.

I currently am planning my 19th trip for this August. After having been there so many time already, I'm looking for new ideas or little hidden gems I might have over looked during previous visits. So far, these boards have been very helpful in the planning process!

So..um. Hello?
    :wave2:

5. thatericguy

thatericguy Earning My Ears

Just recently discovered this site while researching for our 4-year old's first trip to WDW in October. There is an amazing amount of information and I look forward to learning more.

6. travelcat

travelcat Cat Lover Big Time

Just a few questions!!

well first of all, my mom goes onto disboards and she is travelmel. i was named after her. :goodvibes so i know how to do most of this whole chat thing. and with that, my first day of disboards will begin! :cool1:
    anyways back to the subject. i heard that the CHAT is back, so i decided to try it out. the chat site is great; i love IM! but im not sure how to do friend requests and messaging, and i was wondering if anyone could answer me on this one.

7. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

:welcome:

First of all, you haven't completed your registration yet. Make sure you got an email from us and that you click on the link to confirm or you won't be able to fully participate in our boards. If you have a problem we have a thread you can read and post on to help you out.

As for Chat, I actually have no idea how all that works (I am an old foogy!), but I don't think that can do friend requests and messaging through our Chat system. The Chat room is only open during certain times, when a moderated Chat is scheduled. But since I am not sure I would suggest you ask on our Tech Support Board at the bottom of the main page. But you will have to complete your registration before you can post there.

8. travelcat

eep! so much information! and no, i havent activated my account yet; still trying to get it in. :sad2:
    i love your cats btw!! :offtopic: i have two cats; ill post them on my siggy soon.:lmao: I'm also at my school, so if i try to Chat, then the acces will be denied, lol. (btw have u heard of travelmel?)

9. lovetoscrap

Check your spam/junk mail box. Often the email ends up there.

10. travelcat

uh oh gtg. :confused3 be back soon!
    -travelcat

11. travelcat

all righty! im back
    go to the chat room :hourglass

12. travelcat

QUESTIONS:
    1. How do you edit your siggy?
    2. How do you make a custom avatar?
    not much, lol. well, ill be in the chat room if you need me. but for now, BYE! pixiedust:

13. lovetoscrap

You have to confirm your registration first. Right now all you can do is post on this board, and read only on all the other boards. Until you are "Earning Your Ears" by confirming your registration you can't do much else.

14. alice99

alice99 DIS Veteran

After posting on a thread I can never find the thread again. How do I view my posts?

I am thinking it is probably so obvious, but I just can't see it.:badpc:

15. dmla3820

dmla3820 Earning My Ears

Wow what a new world! This is very cool! I think i'm hooked already!
    Planning a vacation for my family was never this fun in the past! Or addictive!

16. lovetoscrap

You need to subscribe to the threads you post on. You can do that manually with each post, or you can set your User CP so you are automatically subscribed (I suggest this). Take a look at our FAQ thread and there are instructions there.

For your past posts that you aren't subscribed to, right click on your username in your above post. Then select the option to find all posts. Anything posted within the last few days won't show up yet but you shoud find everything else.

17. THEVACATIONFAMILY

THEVACATIONFAMILY Mouseketeer

You can go to your account and accept emails, you can fing your thread there or do a search for the kind of thread that you posted on, and search it that way as well. Just remember to look at what number you are on the thread and that will definitely help you......Welcome to DIS Boards..

18. alice99

alice99 DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the advice all. It took me awhile to find this..:rolleyes2 ... but now I have changed my CP to automatically subscribe to anything I post.

19. PrincessAnneDroid

PrincessAnneDroid Star Wars 'fan girl' and Obi-Wanna Be. ;)

Greetings all. New to the board. My hubby and I have had annual passes to WDW for about 6 years now, and we never get tired of going to see the Mouse. :) Love Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (we went as Princess Leia and Obi-Wan Kenobi last year...yeah, I'm a little Star Wars obsessed. ;) ). See ya real soon!

20. travelcat

How do you get to diffrent chat rooms besides the Main Chat Room????:scared: :badpc:

21. lovetoscrap

For our DIS chat rooms the Main Room is the only one available and it is only open during our scheduled chat times for On Topic, Moderated discussion. The schedule is listed in the Thread at the top of the page.